Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 101 to 120 of 273

RowdyRodimus

[quote=J.K.]See you're thinking like I am for sure, I just have that extra nagging bit of me that purely hates Nintendo for binding a game to a system on a single download so if you end up with a WiiHD one day, or a dead system and buy a second you lose all your games you rightfully paid for and I have a HUGE beef with that.

[/quote]

This is part of the symptoms of finding ways to circumvent piracy instead of actually going after the people that pirate the games themselves, or more importantly, the sites that host the pirated data. So basically what happens is the honest person has to pay for the sins of others.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

retired_account

And the others keep right on sinning.

retired_account

RowdyRodimus

@pixelman Exactly. And then the companies force things on the paying customer to make us jump through hoops to play the games we spend our money on and make us feel like the bad guys in everything. We really need to get these draconian measures fixed and instead of just having the EULA, we need to have an EURA (End Users RIGHTS Agreement), we are the customers and should be treated with more respect than we are. I've never played a pirated version of a game that is in poroduction or has even been on a shelf in less than five years, why should I be treated like I'm the reason Super Happy Fun Shooter 6 didn't sell as well as they wanted because a bunch of people in China pirated it onto R4 cards for the DS?

Punish the guilty, not the innocent. It is better for 1,000 guilty men go free than to see an innocent spend one night in jail.

As for Pearl Harbor: RSR. I'm having fun with it, but man is it hard. I think it's because I've been playing a lot of AfterBurner: Climax and it's like going from Wii Sports Baseball to Baseball Manager-based on the same thing but the games play completely different.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

AlexSays

Alrighty..

I downloaded the game and I think it is really nice for a WiiWare game. Would even be nice if all three were released as retail. The cutscenes, the graphics, the modes/missions, everything seems good.

My one problem.. is the controls. I've had to pick the less awkward (which is never a good thing) being the remote and nunchuk.

Using the remote and twisting it all sorts of ways while shooting isn't my cup of tea, and the sensitivity on the classic controller's joystik doesn't work well with flying games at all.

The nunchuk seems okay for me, but even that'll take some time to become completely accustomed to.

Everything else seems good though and it's still a great buy for 7 bucks.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Oh and has anyone landed a missile yet?

I swear I've shot like 100 and maybe hit one plane. You have to accurately judge where the plane will be in just the right amount of time, and then release the missile just prior to that exact time at a precise angle.

The controls aren't helping, but either way it seems near impossible.

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

I swear I've shot like 100 and maybe hit one plane. You have to accurately judge where the plane will be in just the right amount of time, and then release the missile just prior to that exact time at a precise angle.

The controls aren't helping, but either way it seems near impossible.

I've only hit a small handful of planes with a missile. Even then, I had to get very close to the enemy The missiles used to destroy ships are fun though

Bassman_Q

I'm printing the paper foldables as we speak! They're so addicting to make!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Bassman_Q

Oh and yeah I've landed dozens of missiles yeah. I love one shot KO's!

And I use the nunchuck as well. Keep trying and eventually you'll be landing missiles everywhere. One mission I landed 4 missiles in a row!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Philip_J_Reed

AlexSays wrote:

For a long time I had a 0% success rate with those things. But in dogfighting mode I was able to land them nearly every time. Maybe it's because enemy behavior was more conducive to it, but if you get right behind a plane and fire it, it's a guaranteed kill. I think I only missed once or twice that way. You need to be very close to count on a hit, but it's still more reliable than firing upon them with your guns while they try to shake you.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

eripmav

Well I'm chuffed to bits that you guys are loving Pearl:) Just had news of another review in, from Nintendo World Report and they've given us an 8.51 The guys at HQ are going to be stoked.

eripmav

eripmav

No real celebrations until we've sold a million copies;) But seriously, I am very pleased that people have seen that we've learned a great deal about the Wii's hardware and really are enjoying our game. I think between NL and NWR, we have awesome scores on the two biggest Nintendo review sites in the world.

eripmav

AlexSays

Where in the world are the cargo ships in the second mission?

I killed all the planes but now I'm just kinda flyin around.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Okay either (A) the ships are in an incredibly off the wall place that takes forever to find, (B) I bought the version without ships, or (C) I am crazy.

AlexSays

Philip_J_Reed

If I remember correctly, Alex, you take off in one direction (can't remember which), but the ships are in the opposite direction. Basically, when you lift off, turn around and fly in the opposite direction, parallel to your air strip. You should encounter them a short ways off the coast.

That's IF I remember correctly...but in at least one mission, the ships were there.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

AlexSays

Thank you Brutus you saved my sanity.

What happened is I kept flying straight and by the time I turned around, there were the enemy planes.

So I'm guessing the cargo ships just sailed off because by the time I knew where they were, 20 minutes had passed.

This is what happens when you start me off flying in the opposite direction of where I need to go. And now that I DO know where I'm going, it's a little difficult to fly long enough in a straight line to drop a bomb, without being blown to bits by ten guys trailing me.

And eripmav you're not helping. lol

AlexSays

eripmav

To be fair, I've only been able to play a wee bit of the game to get an idea of the physics of the controls etc etc.

Roll on EU release date then I can buy my erm...son a copy.

eripmav

the_shpydar

@Alex
Heh, i had the same annoyance at first with the second mission. But yeah, fly off in one direction, when the enemy plane blips appear on the radar, head directly for them, and you should encounter the cargo ships right around the time you engage.

Still have only scratched the surface with the game so far, but more i play it, the more i love it. I agree about the Wiimote only controls, but that's a personal gripe since i usually hold the controller at weird angles when i play anything (if that makes any sense), so level flying won't work for me with that config.

Definitely hope you guys sell enough copies so that we can see the next installments before long! I know that i haven't seen a single negative review anywhere (either "official" reviews or on boards); the worst things said about the game usually amount to personal gameplay or control preferences.

I said it before, but again, big kudos to you and the whole team, eripmav.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AlexSays

Yeah I kinda play at an odd angle too.

I'm getting more and more accustomed to the nunchuk though so it's all good.

And yeah I also hope it sells enough. I haven't seen a negative review either, and it would annoy the heck out of me to only have the first part of a trilogy. lol

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.