Forums

Topic: New demo batch

Posts 181 to 200 of 263

chiwii

I tried out the NA Wiiware demos tonight, and I didn't like either of them.

Gods Vs. Humans - it seemed unnecessarily complex to me. There are bars all over the screen, different types of attacks, and apparently different types of humans to watch out for. Honestly, I started skimming through the text half-way through, because I just wanted to play the game. The end result was that I wasn't entirely sure on how to do anything. Maybe I'll give the demo another try. Probably not.

Pong Toss Pro - Maybe I'm just really bad at this game, but the controls seem really random.

chiwii

iphys

Those were my thoughts on this week's demos exactly. I found the commentary in Pong Toss annoying too.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Sneaker13

We got a Lead the Meerkats demo and I was really enjoying it. Expanding the burrow, trying to find food, get baby meerkats. And all of the sudden I'm fighting a bird by making boxing moves and it hardly looked like I did any damage. Who came up with that stupid idea. I was considering buying it, but this makes it a no go.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

lenanena

@0-Watt NOA and NOE decide whether to have a Demo 4 weeks more exclusively for the ratings on Nintendo Channel.

lenanena

turtlelink

Ok...

Played the Fluidity demo. Its ok. Not my favorite but still fun.

Played the chick chick BOOM demo and loved it. Getting this, definitely.

Played the Max and the Magic Marker demo. Its fun and I like the art style but it seems pretty hard and there is noticible lag when you collect ink. Gonna try this demo out again.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

0-Watt

@lenanena So does that mean that there are demos which can stay for eight weeks, then? So far demos have vanished 4 or 12 weeks after the debut. I think having the Nintendo Channel dictate demo lifetimes might be a bad thing, particularly because people have to go there and rate the games, which is out of their way, frankly. Then again, a number of games have surpassed the 4-week mark, so maybe I'm underestimating the NC a little.

Anyways, wasn't going to play Gods Vs Humans. Not into tower defense at all, and the demo was too much tutorial for my taste. Pong Toss Pro controls poorly, but at least it has more modes than the first game.

Learning with the Pooyoos Episode 1 is on the US Top 20. Chalk up another definite improvement for a game thanks to demos.

iphys

Just thought I should add that I ultimately did end up buying Zombie Panic in Wonderland, despite my reservations about the price. Mainly I changed my mind because the music sounded good in the demo, and because I wanted another game I could play with the zapper. Anyway, I enjoyed the game, and I feel like I got my money's worth out of it compared with all the other 1000-point games I've purchased.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

tons_of_bits

Odnetnin wrote:

Not to mention: CORN COB MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Untitled

HAHAHA! Just saw this entry...awesome

chick chick BOOM - available for WiiWare - 800 Nintendo Points - http://www.chickchickboom.com
Join us at Facebook/Twitter - http://www.tons-of-bits.com/

Splat

I just downloaded the Dart Rage WiiWare demo not really expecting much but came away kinda impressed. It's not a great game by any means but it's a good causal game to throw on and kill some time with friends. It's only 600 Wii points I'm going to get the full game next time I have the points.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

LEGEND_MARIOID

Games I've downloaded after trying the demo:

Lit
Final Fantasy CC MLAADL
Cave Story
Hoopworld
Chick Chick Boom

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

KnucklesSonic8

I'd love to hear if anyone else got HoopWorld after the demo.

KnucklesSonic8

Sneaker13

Sooo, Soccer Bashi is pretty bad. And not in a good way. First we have the controls. Why in the world is there pointer controls? I would rather use the D-Pad, much more precise and faster. Second, the music is terrible. Third, what's the deal with the soccer aspect. It add's absolutely nothing. So this is really not one I'm going to buy and I rather by one of the other breakout clones.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

SMW

I've already owned Dart Rage for sometime, so last week's demo is useless to me. Everyone should try it out, though. It really is a fun darts game once you disable the announcer. (I don't know if you can disable it in the demo or not.)

A Monsteca Corral: Monsters vs. Robots demo for us Americans today. I'm interested in this Pikmin-type game, so I will definitely be checking this demo out.

Edited on by SMW

SMW

Sneaker13

SMW wrote:

A Monsteca Corral: Monsters vs. Robots demo for us Americans today. I'm interested in this Pikmin-type game, so I will definitely be checking this demo out.

I read that Europe gets this one Friday as well.

Friendcodes:

Splat

SMW wrote:

I've already owned Dart Rage for sometime, so last week's demo is useless to me. Everyone should try it out, though. It really is a fun darts game once you disable the announcer. (I don't know if you can disable it in the demo or not.)

You can turn off the announcer on the demo but only after you play a game before you click restart. It really is a good game when you have people to play with. I hope games like Pong Toss Pro don't keep people from giving Dart Rage a try.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

KnucklesSonic8

I hope more people check out Monsteca Corral. Very overlooked game.

KnucklesSonic8

bboy2970

I just played the Monsteca Corral and Dart Rage demos. Monsteca was surprisingly very fun and likable, especially to a Pikmaniac such as myself. It looks to be one of the best if not the best 500 point game out there. I will buy it next time I have points for sure. Dart Rage was also quite pleasant. I was very much turned off to any type of darts game on Wiiware after taking a gambling on Pub Darts and absolutely HATING it. Seriously, that game is terrible, worst 5 bucks I've ever spent. Dart Rage is so much more polished. I may or may not buy it though because the demo allows 2 players to play a standard match to 301 points which honestly is enough for me and is pathetically more appealing than the full game of Pub Darts. So that demo is definitely a keeper and I'll be going to it for my competitive dart needs from now on :3

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

n0body

OMG!! the demo for Monsteca Corral seriously sold me on this game! What an awesome quirky original title for wiiware!
seriously, this is what the service was made for - cheap original experiences where gameplay and control are front and center!
The game may not look like much from screenshots, but you can tell that alot of love went into it where it counts!
I am getting a points card just for this, and i urge anybody who's even remotely intrigued to give the demo a try! These kinds of games are too few on wiiware!

n0body

Sneaker13

Yeah I really like the demo of Monsteca Corral: Monsters vs. Robots. Hate the camera though (which seems to have a mind of it's own). But I see myself getting it sometime.

Friendcodes:

KnucklesSonic8

So happy to hear other people are enjoying Monsteca!

KnucklesSonic8

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.