Forums

Topic: New demo batch

Posts 161 to 180 of 263

iphys

I didn't realize Rage of the Gladiator was so similar to Punch-Out. I'll surely be getting the full version of this game.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

0-Watt

Haven't played the new demos yet, BUT I have some confirmations now that Cave Story, Furry Legends, and Fish Em All have been dropped in the demo listing here in the US.

IF A GAME IS BAD: the demo is given 4 weeks to attain GOOD status but reviews and downloads. Otherwise, bye demo!
IF A GAME IS GOOD: no matter what, the demo can only stay on as long as 12 weeks.

Remember this! If you want to play the Fluidity demo, do it THIS WEEK. I also recommend if you want to test Crazy Racers to take a look at its demo, too. I feel these two demos will be going POOF this upcoming week.

Sneaker13

Not true (or at least in Europe), we have so many demo's that haven't even made it to the top 20 but still have a demo.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Sneaker13

I make the top 20 lists based on the populair section in the Shop Channel. What I meant is that a lot of the demo's haven't made it into the top 20 at all but are still available to download.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

OverlordMao

Okay, I tried out three demos this week. Let's see what we got.

Chronos Twins DX dwmo - A very neat little game that kept me intrigued by it's VERY clever platforming, the graphics are all right, fine for a sprite-based game, and the story is nice as well, but not very interesting. A solid 7/10 for this one, color me interested on gameplay alone.

LIT demo - Wow, I was surprised by this one. The setting is nice, the graphics are pretty good, and I really liked the gameplay too, it felt pretty forgiving, and I was glad. The little touches like using the wiimote speaker for receiving a call are REALLY cool, and the boss fight seems interesting as well. I feel like it's underselling the experience however, as the story & characters seem B-L-A-N-D. I'd definitely be interested in buying this when I have some disposable points, an 8/10 for this one.

Rage of the Gladiator demo - Heh, I saved the best for last here, people. Rage of the Gladiator is fantastic on ALL its merits. It has great presentation, a fine storyline (narrated, which I love), very unique characters, gorgeous graphics, epic music, awesomely cheesy voice acting...Do I have to go on? I already knew this game was great, but now there's proof for non-believers! I already have a friend gifting me the full game soon A 10/10 for this demo, as it gives a nice chunk of the game that really leaves you wanting more.

and now to try out chick chick BOOM, you guys have convinced me.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

0-Watt

Sneaker13 wrote:

I make the top 20 lists based on the populair section in the Shop Channel. What I meant is that a lot of the demo's haven't made it into the top 20 at all but are still available to download.

Yeah, that seems to happen from time to time. I'm curious if NOA and NOE have different tactics to removing demos, considering how often NOE removed demos early on, unless they have only started doing so recently (can't remember). And yeah, I noticed that a number of demos stayed on even though the full versions did not appear in the Top 20 (see: And Yet it Moves, BIT.TRIP FATE). In fact, there is a case in which a game appearing in the Top 20 had its demo removed early (lilt line). Gaijin Games said that Nintendo Channel rankings also come into play. My guess is that how well a game performs post-demo-arrival as well as rankings on Nintendo Channel help tell Nintendo whether or not to keep a demo longer.

I'm only guessing how Nintendo chooses when to remove a game, but at the very least, if Fluidity's demo disappears from the US Wii Shop Channel, we'll know the maximum a WiiWare demo can remain on the shop: 12 weeks.

Gamesake

SKTTR wrote:

• Rage of the Gladiator

Fantastic Wii Motion Plus controls

It's not 1:1. Unlike Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and Wii Sports Resort, Rage of the Gladiator doesn't truly utilize Wii Motion Plus.

OverlordMao wrote:

Rage of the Gladiator is fantastic on ALL its merits.

I'd agree--ALL except Wii Motion Plus. The other 2 control schemes work well though. I really liked the Rage of the Gladiator Demo. I've played through it like 6 times, and I don't even like Punch Out. Maybe I'm addicted to Diablo-esque skill trees.

...in my pants.

0-Watt

Got to play the demos last night, forgot to talk about em.

Pooyoos is tiring with the dancing, and frankly, the demo just highlights how absolutely short the full product is. They should definitely make more episodes, too, as children who love the property are going to get bored with only two episodes. Probably should have made a retail game rather than WiiWare stuff, too.

Rage of the Gladiator is quite fun without the Motion+ enhancement, as it feels like you are punching the fighter rather than swinging a hammer. Problem is gauging what attacks are being done, and it seems that you can only hit enemies if they do not hit you, which can be annoying at times. I did like the style behind it, and showing 3 (or 4, kinda) of the 11 main enemies provides enough gameplay variation to get the feel of the controls and skill tree concepts. Definitely like it and adding it to my list of "TO BUY" when I can get to it.

Sneaker13

0-Watt wrote:

Sneaker13 wrote:

Yeah, that seems to happen from time to time. I'm curious if NOA and NOE have different tactics to removing demos, considering how often NOE removed demos early on, unless they have only started doing so recently (can't remember). And yeah, I noticed that a number of demos stayed on even though the full versions did not appear in the Top 20 (see: And Yet it Moves, BIT.TRIP FATE). In fact, there is a case in which a game appearing in the Top 20 had its demo removed early (lilt line). Gaijin Games said that Nintendo Channel rankings also come into play. My guess is that how well a game performs post-demo-arrival as well as rankings on Nintendo Channel help tell Nintendo whether or not to keep a demo longer.

I'm only guessing how Nintendo chooses when to remove a game, but at the very least, if Fluidity's demo disappears from the US Wii Shop Channel, we'll know the maximum a WiiWare demo can remain on the shop: 12 weeks.

Yeah it's really weird. Jett Rocket had an absolutely fantastic run with a demo and reached the top spot (and stayed there). Then all of the sudden, the demo is gone while the game was still in the top ten. This while the demo of Robox or Bit. Trip Beat didn't generate sales and didn't made it to the list. Yet, last week, the demo's were still up.

Curious enough, some of the newer demo's have already been removed. Fish'em All, Gods vs Humans and Urbanix are already gone. This while Urbanix made it to the list a couple of times. I think the longest reigning EU title was Zombie Panic in Wonderland with 11/12 weeks from 5-11-2010 (start of demo's) till somewhere after 20-1-2011. So 12 weeks might me right.

Friendcodes:

Sneaker13

PooYoos demo was nice, but not something I would buy since I'm not the target audience. But parents with kids will have a good time with it. Strange thing that the demo is in English. In the Netherlands we speak English, but not at such a young age. Bit illogical, unless you are playing with a parent.

HoopWorld was ok. Great graphics, but nothing special for me.

Disappointed as well. Would rather have a Flux demo and a demo of that arcade game.

Friendcodes:

OverlordMao

Oh yes, I probably should've mentioned that I played RotG and only plan to play it with the classic controls of punch-out, horizontal wii-mote style. It just feels better to me, and I'm not the only one who thinks so, even Ed Roman agrees that old-school gamers prefer this option.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

BulbasaurusRex

OverlordMao wrote:

Oh yes, I probably should've mentioned that I played RotG and only plan to play it with the classic controls of punch-out, horizontal wii-mote style. It just feels better to me, and I'm not the only one who thinks so, even Ed Roman agrees that old-school gamers prefer this option.

Am I the only one on these forums who has played through the entire basic mode and into Challenge Mode using the MotionPlus controls the whole way?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Sneaker13

No, Bulbasaurus Rex, I did it too. The full game as well (still playing). But I plan on playing the game three times with all control options.

Friendcodes:

BulbasaurusRex

Chick Chick BOOM - This is a well-made game that combines real-time strategy, turn-based strategy, and tanks-style gameplay. These three elements are blended well, and there's some good motion controls thrown in, as well. Unfortunately, the single player mode appears to be pretty limited with low replay value (even with the extra features and unlockables in the full version), and I don't get much time for local multiplayer, so I'll have to pass on the full version while keeping the demo. 7/10

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Moco_Loco

Rage of the Gladiator - Simply. Awesome. It's amazing that you get about the same amount of content as the latest Punch-Out for so little money. Even as a retail disc it would be impressive because all of the enemies are NEW.

PooYoos - My 5-year-old loved it. It was so novel to her to be able to play a game without anyone helping her. The dancing is her favorite part. I'm not concerned about the lack of content. Sure, she'll get tired of it, but sometimes I get tired of much more expensive games.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

0-Watt

Confirming my theory, Fluidity and Racer's Island have vanished. But, surprisingly, so as Zombie Panic. I guess ratings on Nintendo Channel are as important as sales boost percentages (that and I think the game had been selling well before the demo anyways).

That means: Next week, expect some or all of Lit and Urbanix to be removed! Play em while you can!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.