WiiWare Forum

Topic: New demo batch

Showing 141 to 160 of 265

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

141. Posted:

Sure, gamecard.nu.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

142. Posted:

Latest Demos I tried...

• Racers' Islands - Crazy Racers

Before I played it I thought the mix of being a racing game and a lightgun shooter is a great idea: Unique and lots of fun if it's done right. But the controls and physics are too too slippery and bumpy. I need more gravity, and more practice maybe. Maybe it's just the default demo car that has no grip. Also there's no real sense of speed. And the lightgun shooting has no kick! It feels and sounds like a pea shooter. I can barely hear and see the bullets. The one course was pretty boring too. Ironically the music fits the gameplay. No good thing. I can only hope the full game is better. It's ambitious, yeah, but flawed. Gods vs Humans (also made by Zallag and Artefacts Studio) is a good game. But this one is hardly recommendable, especially for a freaking 1200 points.

• Rage of the Gladiator

Just wow! It's absolutely great! Fantastic Wii Motion Plus controls, perfect audiovisuals, superb presentation, interesting RPG elements. I loved the demo and I have to get this game. I just thought it was a Punch-Out!! clone with a fantasy setting, but this is so much more. Leveling up the character and Wii Motion Plus - that's missing in Punch-Out!! 2:0 for Rage of the Gladiator. Adding to the atmosphere is the story mode, and how it's been told by drawn pictures and voice acting, but it's the 21 beautifully drawn and animated enemies, their behaviour, backstory, intelligence and character, and their big repertoire of attacks, moves and talking that keeps this game really vivid. I never thought I'd like this so much.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

143. Posted:

Technically, Rage of the Gladiator only has 11 enemies. You refight the first 10 in Challenge Mode (where they're MUCH harder) before you get to face the final 11th opponent.

By the way, I highly recommend setting Wii MotionPlus sensitivity to 40% in the options menu. It will still read all but the very lightest swings, and you'll be able to make really fast strikes without it misreading it as the opposite direction you intended, which is really important against Ixthid.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

144. Posted:

Art of Balance - The concept is pretty unique, the controls work well, and the presentation, graphics, and sound are all great. However, it's still only a bunch of boring puzzles. I also didn't appreciate having to play through large portions of the demo multiple times to be able to play all possible demo levels (the levels have multiple paths, and there's a 10 level limit on the demo). 5/10

Fish 'em All - This is just a shallow waggle-fest with overly strict timing. The claymation-like graphics aren't that good, either. At least it has three different game modes to mix things up. 3/10

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

145. Posted:

Well Art of Balance is a puzzle game so what did you expect?

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

AuthorMessage

accc

146. Posted:

Well he certainly wasn't expecting a puzzle game to be filled with puzzles. That would just be silly.

accc

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

147. Posted:

Just because I find most puzzle games to be boring doesn't mean I can't mark them down for being boring after I try it and confirm it.

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

148. Posted:

LIT - Well, it can be done after all. It's a WiiWare puzzle game that I like! It's got good, creative, interesting gameplay. On top of that, it even has boss fights in the full version. The horror factor isn't too creepy or scary. There's a checkpoint at the end of every level, and you can restart a level any time if you mess up. Judging from the demo levels, it doesn't appear that you're ever rushed or have to rely on strict timing to beat a level. Using the Wiimote speaker for telephone calls was a nice touch. On the down side, the graphics aren't much to look at, and there doesn't appear to be much replay value. I'm going to have to buy this one eventually. 7/10

EDIT: Wait a minute! I read the NL review, and apparantly the demo uses the European version improvements (other than the different language subtitles, of course), as I was able to use C to activate things. Was the North American version patched with the European improvements, or am I going to be stuck using A for both using objects and activating things when I buy the full version?

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

AuthorMessage

Splat

149. Posted:

Rage of the Gladiator is great one of the few Wii Ware games I have used points on where I didn't feel like they went to waste, I would love another one but on a disk so it could be more indepth.

I'm not a big fan of Wii Ware at all to say the least but I would for sure recommend this game, I prefer to play with the nunchuck and wii mote but you can also play with just the wii mote as well like classic Punch-Out style.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

150. Posted:

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

Just because I find most puzzle games to be boring doesn't mean I can't mark them down for being boring after I try it and confirm it.

Yeah, but you like the concept and everything, but you find it boring just because it was nothing more then puzzles in a puzzle game. Just because a game only exist of puzzles doesn't make them boring. Take a game like Picross for example. You must really hate that game then ;).

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

151. Posted:

Sneaker13 wrote:

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

Yeah, but you like the concept and everything, but you find it boring just because it was nothing more then puzzles in a puzzle game. Just because a game only exist of puzzles doesn't make them boring. Take a game like Picross for example. You must really hate that game then ;).

I only said the concept is pretty unique, as in not being similar to other puzzlers like with all the falling block games and Breakout clones. I didn't say I like the concept. Groovin' Blocks is the same way, and I don't like it, either (I got it for free).

I don't automatically hate all puzzle games just for being puzzle games without trying them (although I am less willing to try them). Notice that I do like LIT as I mentioned above.

Hmm, Picross is a logic puzzle variant, a sub-genre I generally find more interesting than most puzzlers, but this particular one doesn't look very good.

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

152. Posted:

My apologies, I thought you liked the concept and just didn't like the game because of it being level after level the same thing. Which would be quite unfair when it's a puzzle game which gets progressively harder.

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

Stine

153. Posted:

I tried out two demos today. The first one was Racers' Islands: Crazy Arenas, which I'm definitely not gonna get. It wasn't fun and I hated the controls.

The other one was Urbanix. It was kind of addictive, but I don't think I'll buy it; it's probably something I would've played for free on my laptop, but not something I'd want to pay for. Never say never, though.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

154. Posted:

PINIATA! CORN COB MAN!!!

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

0-Watt

155. Posted:

This week we got Chronos Twins DX and chick chick BOOM

Chronos Twins DX, I already own. It provides the story intro to play through if you want, and it also shows the first "world" of the game, so to speak. I think it provides perhaps a tad more than what it should, as it might give gamers the "I've played enough" mentality, which is a shame as the game offers plenty more mind-hurting game design using the two screens. Also might turn people off with the sprites-on-3D-world look. Still a fun (if difficult) game.

chick chick BOOM was a surprise, to me. It certainly looked like a game that was overpriced and a bit eh for a WiiWare title. However, I'm more interested in it now that I've played it. The game keeps you moving, both in attack and defense. I feel that there could be more to the full product, such as more than 3 arenas and maybe even a mini-story mode, but what is offered is good, too!

And yes. CORN COB MAN

Producer of Third Rate Minion
http://www.thirdrateminion.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThirdRateMinion
Twitter: http://twitter.com/0_Watt or http://twitter.com/thirdrateminion

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

156. Posted:

I won't be getting any Points for a while, so I'm NEVER going to delete the Chick Chick Boom demo. Yeah I have to play the tutorial every time to play but it's all I have for now. I always wanted to play Chick Chick Boom ever since I played the old PC flash game. I will get it if I ever get enough points, I still owe someone two games.

CORN COB MAN!!!

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

157. Posted:

ColorZ didn't do it for me. Even though I love the idea, the controls aren't working for me. You have the fast, tight control of the nunchuck and the imprecise and slow pointer control.

Chick Chick Boom on the other hand is awesome. I really enjoyed the demo and I'm almost sure I'm going to get the full version. My only problem is the lack of single player content as far as I can see. Not really a campaign or level like system. But I don't know about the achievement system which unlocks stuff.

Friendcodes:

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

158. Posted:

Tried the LIT demo as well as the Art of Balance demo and they just about blew my mind. I think I will buy them in the near future. :)

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

159. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

PINIATA! CORN COB MAN!!!

This,

0-Watt wrote:

And yes. CORN COB MAN

this,

KaiserGX wrote:

CORN COB MAN!!!

and this.

Not to mention: CORN COB MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Untitled

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

0-Watt

160. Posted:

Oh, I don't have the Wii right here to check, but apparently the remainder of the launched US demos (BIT.TRIP FATE, Jett Rocket, and And Yet it Moves) were all removed. That means that they are probably starting to cut off demos now. If Cave Story vanishes next week, then we know the absolute limit for demos in the US.

Producer of Third Rate Minion
http://www.thirdrateminion.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThirdRateMinion
Twitter: http://twitter.com/0_Watt or http://twitter.com/thirdrateminion