Forums

Topic: La Mulana Hype/Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 232 of 232

holchasaur

Nice to see I'm not the only one who is stuck on this one. I'm only a couple hours in and figured a handful of puzzles out but now I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly as I'm solving nothing. Am I supposed to solve all puzzles in the Gate of Guidance before moving onto the other areas or do I explore any and every area I can currently access? I love this game so far, just need to better understand its structure of progression.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

GeminiSaint

Some puzzles in Gate of Guidance can't be solved without visiting other areas first. For example, that room at the top-left corner of the map? You can't solve that one until much later in the game. You are always encouraged to explore all areas you've earned access to, as much as you can. An item you get in one area can be the key to solving a puzzle located in a different area.
That said, you should at least get the Holy Grail before exploring any areas beyond the Gate of Guidance.

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

A quick heads-up: La-Mulana is now available on Steam! It includes all the DLC missing in the WiiWare version, including the Hell Temple, plus achievements and all that Steam stuff.

GeminiSaint

WiiWareWave

I still haven't beaten the optional stuff in this game, but I beat the story long ago, btw just out of curiosity which areas and items are optional?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

bezerker99 wrote:

La Mulana is hard as isht but definitely fun! I need to get back into it one o' these days.

same here. I just got too sick of trying to figure out how to get anywhere with legit progress beyond the first 4 bosses. I mean it's particularly bad since I'd feel bad just looking things up over and over again since it's well designed, frustrating ,confusing gameplay so I'm not gonna do that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

bezerker99

kkslider5552000 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

La Mulana is hard as isht but definitely fun! I need to get back into it one o' these days.

same here. I just got too sick of trying to figure out how to get anywhere with legit progress beyond the first 4 bosses. I mean it's particularly bad since I'd feel bad just looking things up over and over again since it's well designed, frustrating ,confusing gameplay so I'm not gonna do that.

I'll resort to the internet for help if I have too. lol

WiiWareWave

There are some hints that make things easy, but unfortunately your PC text saving app only saves 16 messages.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

GeminiSaint

WiiWareWave wrote:

I still haven't beaten the optional stuff in this game, but I beat the story long ago, btw just out of curiosity which areas and items are optional?

The only two optional areas are the Hell Temple and the Gate of Time.
Optional items? Well, there are the HP expansions, some of the shields, weapons and their upgrades, plus the fairy's vest. Oh, and most of the software and laptop upgrades too.

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

WiiWareWave

How do you obtain the Chain Whip? I beat the entire game without ever finding it so could someone please tell me how to get it?

ThePirateCaptain

@Rukiafan
You can find it in the Inferno Cavern after breaking a Birth Seal there. You need the Grapple Claw to get it though.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.