Forums

Topic: La Mulana Hype/Discussion Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 232

GeminiSaint

Qwikman_N_Bass wrote:

The jump physics seem wonky, and I don't like how you drop straight down without control of your movement in midair.

The jump physics are the exact same as in Maze of Galious. Not surprising, considering how much La-Mulana borrows from that game.
That said, there is a way around the dropping straight down thing. Instead of walking off platforms, just stand on the edge and jump vertically. On your way down, you will be able to steer the professor however you want.

GeminiSaint

brooks83

bezerker99 wrote:

The jump physics aren't hard to get adjusted too...at least for me. Now, where do I put this Ankh????

Trust me, you'll know when you find it.

brooks83

GeminiSaint

A fair warning:
There's a tablet in the Mausoleum of Giants that says something like "You are forbidden from reading this tablet again".
Don't read it a second time.
Just don't do it.
Why? Because that's how you activate Hard Mode, which makes everything significantly harder, even bosses, and it can't be turned off.

GeminiSaint

kkslider5552000

Hahahahaha yes. Awesome.

Yeah, the controls aren't the best, but after playing lots of all 3 Castlevanias, I've perfectly adjusted to it. I'm not always a fan of intentionally worse controls but it works exactly how it should for the type of game they made and for once isn't just an excuse.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Adam

Are you serious? I read that tablet. I figured it caused all the enemies to spawn in that room, but I didn't realize it also caused global, irrevocable changes. That is annoying. I would have wanted to do it anyway, but I'd have made a separate file for it. I thought maybe this area was just harder than the others.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Adam wrote:

Are you serious? I read that tablet. I figured it caused all the enemies to spawn in that room, but I didn't realize it also caused global, irrevocable changes. That is annoying. I would have wanted to do it anyway, but I'd have made a separate file for it. I thought maybe this area was just harder than the others.

Serves you right for not doing as you're told. Bad Adam.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

GeminiSaint

Adam wrote:

If it's your first time playing, you might want to restart the game. Bosses in Hard Mode are nightmarishly hard (they're faster, deal more damage and even have more powerful attacks). Definitely hardcore stuff better left for your second playthrough.

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

Gamesake

Now I'm glad I loaded my game after I read it twice.

...in my pants.

Adam

Oops, never mind. I must have not saved after doing it. Reason I thought it was getting harder is I was in a new area I don't think I was meant to be in yet. Crisis averted.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SKTTR

After having a few problems with the controls in the beginning myself, I now think the controls and physics compliment the leveldesign. I can rush through the screens now with relative ease.

And DAAAAMN! I read that tablet twice! I am in HARD MODE now! And I thought the complete transformation of the ruins was part of the normal game... Every screen suddenly had more monsters and new monsters! Now you know (and I know) why I'm still stuck at the lizard boss and can't bring him down, not even with 150 Shuriken.
Should I delete my 25 hours file and start again?

SUCH A NAAASTY TRAP!!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Omega

From what I've seen in the PC version, I would say that the normal mode is more than hard enough. And the WiiWare version is supposedly even more difficult (in terms of boss fights), from what I've heard. I would start from scratch in order to avoid total frustration at the end of the game. Better to restart now than with 90% progress.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Bassman_Q

Btw, does anyone know how to get the Holy Grail? I've been searching for an hour or two, but haven't been able to find/get it yet. I'll try again in a bit, but I might need help.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

SKTTR

It's in the first area (inside the ruins), I think in a blue chest at the elevator.

SKTTR

@KaiserGX:
The pyramid/lizard is not the second area/boss (although it was the first boss I encountered). I found the second "beatable" boss in the giants colosseum... I'm not sure if you need an item from another area first, if i remember correctly you just have to puzzle around with the clock and visit a few places.

But if you want to beat the lizard early I'd say probably more health, yeah, and more shuriken, full pistol.

As for me I got the knives a bit later. I found another weapon first.

If you want it: SPOILER

You can find the much better axe in the Moon Pyramid.

GeminiSaint

Qwikman_N_Bass wrote:

Btw, does anyone know how to get the Holy Grail? I've been searching for an hour or two, but haven't been able to find/get it yet. I'll try again in a bit, but I might need help.

SPOILERS:
Find the skeleton that says something like "I found a secret exit!", then walk through the fake wall to its right...

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

SKTTR

I replayed the game and stayed away from that hellish hard mode stone tablet.
In my first game I activated hard mode without knowing accidentally (and at the earliest time possible) and played up to the third and fourth boss.

Now the second boss (Giant) was a breeze, and the third boss (Lizard) I crushed on my first try. Hard mode was great for practising.
I even defeated the fourth boss (awesome fight) and openend up the doors to the darkside now..... oooh.

Yeah, and I replayed the 25 hours in 2 hours 38 min.

Edited on by SKTTR

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.