Forums

Topic: Is there a way to re-download Monkey Island II (which locks up)

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

garicnebula

My download of the second installment of Monkey Island locks up at times. Is there a way to download a fresh copy? Or do I have to spend another $10 for something I already spent $10 on?

thanks for any help

garicnebula

theblackdragon

if you've bought something via the Wii Shop, you can re-download it as many times as you like for free.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

garicnebula

I guess then my question is, how does one go about doing that? I get to an order screen which asks me to purchase more Wii points.

garicnebula

theblackdragon

if you've already purchased or have been gifted something, anytime you go back to check out that game you should be presented with two buttons -- one for 'download, 0 points' and the other for 'gift' at the game's full price. i believe there's also an option to just see things you've already downloaded that are re-downloadable (so you don't have to go searching for 'em). if you're saying you purchased the game and the wii shop is now telling you that you haven't, that sounds like something you'll need to call Ninty's customer service hotline about.

BEST THREAD EVER

garicnebula

Mucho.. I'll go through the screens more carefully. Maybe I just rushed the first time and wasn't paying attention.
Thanks for the info....

garicnebula

ejamer

@garicnebula
You might need to delete the game from your Wii console first to see the "Download, 0 points" button. This shouldn't be a problem though, theblackdragon is right that you can download games again for free after you bought (or been gifted) them. I've done that with many WiiWare and Virtual Console games previously.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

garicnebula

That I did not do as I was afraid it would send me immediately into a screen asking me to spend even more money. But now I will try that method and see what happens. I think the problem occurred when I transferred my game to an SD card and then back to the console. Although I can't imagine why that would be.

garicnebula

theblackdragon

@garicnebula: if you paid for it or had it gifted to you, you don't (or at least you shouldn't) have to pay for it again. seriously, call Nintendo's customer service hotline before paying more and see what they have to say.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

garicnebula

thanks again for all the great input...

gn

garicnebula

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.