Forums

Topic: I'm looking for a diversified "buy" list. (My first post)

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Magi

So this is probably some kind of sacrilege, but I've had 5800 wii points sitting on my account since right before Circuit City went outta business (bought some cards on clearance.) I've made a list of both wii ware games and virtual console games that appeal to me based on reviews that I've read (mostly on this site).
Currently own: Super Contra, Super Mario Bros 3
WiiWare games that interest me: Final Fantasy: Darklord (1000), Final Fantasy: Life as a King (1500), World of Goo (1500), Final Fantasy IV: After Years (800), Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits (1000), Alien Crush Returns (800)
Virtual Console games that interest me: Phantasy Star IV (800), Breath of Fire II (800), Paper Mario (1000), Super Mario RPG (800), Shining Force (800), Shining Force II (800), Secret of Mana (800), Zelda: Ocarina (1000), Zelda: Majora's (1000), Star Fox 64 (1000), Landstalker (800), Contra III (800), Ogre Battle (800), Sin & Punishment (1200).

I'm looking for some suggestions on which of those I should purchase. As you can see this list is pretty rpg-intensive (my favorite genre), but I would like to put together a pretty diverse list to buy from those and I'm willing to take other suggestions as well.

This is my first post on Nintendo Life, although I've lurked for quite some time before I joined. This seems to be a great community and there are some great reviews and tons of good advice. I'm glad to be here and thanks in advance for any suggestions ya'll might give me.

edit: I'll be adding my current Wii game list over the next few hours in hopes it may help with some suggestions.
edit2: here's the list of what I currently own for Wii Games: Nights, Super Smash Bros Melee (GC), Resident Evil 4, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Zelda Twilight Princess, Luxor 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Blazing Angels, Alien Syndrome, Mario Kart Wii, Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Wii Fit, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC), Zack & Wiki, Prince of Persia, Ghostbusters, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, EA Active.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

odd69

I have most of the games you have. The crazy part, they are all great additions to anyone's wii. Just make sure you get the Zelda games first.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Reala

Well both the My Life as games are my favorite wiiware games, but with DLC they aren't cheap depending on how much extra you want Dark Lord can cost 6700 points if you get all the DLC but its optional so you don't need to spend that much, also if you don't have the Zelda games they would be must haves IMO.

Reala

Anfeli

ok. you should get : World of Goo (1500), Water Warfare(800), Zelda: Ocarina (1000), art style (You chose)(600) star Fox 64 (1000), And keep the rest for later

(Avatar made by pixelman)

Noire

Welcome to Nintendo Life, Magi! Glad to see ya.

As for my suggestions, they're rather VC heavy, as I'm somewhat of a retro gamer.

VC: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Shining Force II, and Sin and Punishment, for a grand total of 4000. You're covered in the Adventure, RPG, Strategy, and Shooter genres, so that's quite good. Along with Super Mario Bros. 3 as a platformer, I think that list is solid. Of course, I'd also take a look at Super Metroid as it's just a brilliant game, but if you've already crossed that one out, I understand.

WiiWare: As for this, outside of my default answer Mega Man 9 (you could get it and all the DLC to completely clear out your Wii Points inventory, as it would be 1800), World of Goo has seen nothing but excellent reviews since it came out, and as a puzzler you wouldn't be doubling up on genres. You'd have 300 points left over, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Hope this helps you out.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Ricardo91

Wiiware: World of Goo, Darklord, Nyxquest

VC: Sin & Punishment, PS IV (if you aren't able to get it on a collection), PAper MArio, Star Fox 64, Majora, Ocarina, Secret of Mana (if yo have someone to play it with. Game's a little bland by yourself.)

Of course you can't get all these games with the points you have now, but I narrowed the list down for ya.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and welcome to Nintendolife!

Edited on by Ricardo91

eripmav

Dudes, Three Musketeers: One For all! </blatant pimp>

eripmav

Twilight_Crow

Welcome Magi!
I consider NyxQuest and World of Goo WW must buys, but since you prefer RPGs, a suggest you to buy just one of those for now
If you've played FFIV and loved it you should go for it's sequel and save your points for the DLC (total 3800), if you haven't, you better get, Fantasy Star IV, Shining Force II (unless you can get them on a genesis compilation), Breath of Fire II (total 2400) for some classical RPG gameplay.
Now, you should definitely go for Zelda MM and try to get the Zelda collection for GC (Majora's have glitches in that disc) for OoT and get a bunch of other Zelda games.
Finally, I totally recomend you Star Fox 64, my favorite 3D shooter .

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Magi

Thanks for all the very helpful advice. Here's what I've decided on so far:
1. Shining Force II (800pts)
2. Phantasy Star IV (800pts)
3. World of Goo (1500pts)
4. Final Fantasy: Darklord (1000pts)
remaining balance: 1700pts (which I'm noticing is an odd total. 100 short of a 1k + 800 pt game)
I also just realized that I have Tetris Party too so this will bring my VC/WW game total to 7.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

SgtSawkz

Magi wrote:

Thanks for all the very helpful advice. Here's what I've decided on so far:
1. Shining Force II (800pts)
2. Phantasy Star IV (800pts)
3. World of Goo (1500pts)
4. Final Fantasy: Darklord (1000pts)
remaining balance: 1700pts (which I'm noticing is an odd total. 100 short of a 1k + 800 pt game)
I also just realized that I have Tetris Party too so this will bring my VC/WW game total to 7.

There are 700 point games, so don't buy an extra just to make it even out

BTW: Buy Paper Mario NAO I recently got it, best 1000 wii points ever

Edited on by SgtSawkz

Golden Sun the Dark Dawn:
Best game ever in the making?
Yes it is

M00se

breath of fire, zelda ocarina and majora, mario rpg and paper mario i recomend! they are all KICK @$$ games!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Alexei123

If you're going to get majora's mask I recommend you get Ocarina of time first. Ocarina's better and Majora's the sequel of it, I think?

Alexei123

Noire

Well, if you got Sin and Punishment, you'd have just enough to buy an NES game, if you so choose.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Ravage

I liked Shining Force but I got it a while before Shining Force 2 came out on VC so I suggest just getting 2. It's all around better. You might enjoy OoT better than MM, then again, the characters in MM are more lively and the game might feel a little more RPG-like than OoT does. They're both good games however. Very different.
Also, I would lean toward getting Paper Mario over Mario RPG. They are both great games, both very similar, but I found the charm of Paper Mario and the world it's in much more interesting, lively, and entertaining. Then get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door .

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

theblackdragon

I would have to agree with Ravage about Shining Force II over the original -- I got the original because my husband said the second was so great, and ended up hating it so much I still haven't gotten around to buying the second. if it's indeed so awesome, just go with SFII.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

dude

landstalker = my favourite vc game EVAR! its really really original and funny. No rpg though, more like Zelda

dude

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.