WiiWare Forum

Topic: Games you regret buying

Showing 201 to 220 of 248

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

201. Posted:

considering WiiWare or all the digital wii stuff its clearly that retro game
Act raiser for snes , sure on paper it sounds unique and cool. Action run and slay mixed with RTS bird view gameplay.
But well its just too awkward to play out well. Already deleted and will never be downloaded again.

MortalKombat2007 wrote:

Contra Rebirth; for 200 Wii Points less, I could of bought Contra III which Rebirth is a rehash of.

agreed ^^

vonseux wrote:

Please DO, how can anyone not enjoy Contra and Castlevania Rebirth (i suppose you enjoy the series), Megaman 10 was not as good as 9... but its still worth

here you go for contra rebirth

second worst title is Contra Rebirth. After contra3 and contra4 this is clearly a bad joke.
anime style is not fitting, blurry visuals not good for multiplayer, nightmare difficulty has no balancing whatsoever, inferior design, uninteresting weapon upgrades, no unique features like weapon switch or grapplehook

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

202. Posted:

16 Shot Shooting Watch (DSiware 200 points)

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

203. Posted:

CEOJumpMad wrote:

Every DSi ware and Wii ware I got.

But I like the Dr. Mario ones

@ CEOJumpmad
care to elaborate ? I would surely interested in "bad" choices and why they were like that.

Edited on by Stereoman

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

204. Posted:

The Muchables... -_-

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

205. Posted:

Untitled

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

206. Posted:

TNA Impact for the PS3 on launch day for $60. I remember trading in big games for it (GTA4, MGS4, Uncharted...) never again have I ever bought a game on launch day, much less trade in games that I like for it.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Void

207. Posted:

Klyo wrote:

Untitled

If this was the 3DS forum, I would chose this, Wii Ware, hmm... I only bought Fluidity and World of Goo... :P And I don't regret buying either of them.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

208. Posted:

Now with 130 WiiWare games I went through em all again... and here's the low end:

The 1/10s, 2/10s, and 3/10s...

1. 1/10 Family & Friends Party (1000pts) - would have been an ok partygame but it's unplayable due to frequent crashing and other bugs. I got Chronos Twins DX as a refund, so minus 700pts.
2. 1/10 My Zoo (900pts) - A horrible abomination of a screensaver. Soulless blurry giraffe eyes stare out of what looks and moves like a robot covered in fur. Scares kids and pains adults.
3. 1/10 Pop-Up Pirate! (500pts) - Technically there's nothing wrong with the port of the reallife toy. However you can only enjoy this videogame version if you are a horde of preschoolers or a horde of drunks.
4. 2/10 My Aquarium 2 (1000pts) - I refuse to call this a sequel. It's a deep sea remix. Everything is still extremely limited and runs on the old "Boredom Engine", and too much content was already in the first game.
5. 2/10 Defend Your Castle (500pts) - This felt just like the free flash game. Someone fling me up into the air for buying this cheap looking and crab sounding nonsense.
6. 2/10 My Starry Night (500pts) - No game. Quite educational but presented in a very boring way. Interesting features but little practical use. This is one for tablets, smartphones, or WiiU.
7. 2/10 Sandy Beach (500pts) - Too many motion controls and bad camera controls for a game where you need to be extremely precise and fast. Everything on lowstandard and the lack of modes and levels doesn't help.
8. 2/10 My Aquarium (500pts) - The first 500pts WiiWare game and promising, but ultimately the main attraction, the fish, they just swam left and right without interaction to other fish. Lifeless.
9. 3/10 Brain Cadets - (1000pts) Drill Sergeant Mindstrong is fun the first time you hear him drilling you and your friends but his commands repeat after a short time. It has only 4 mediocre multiplayer minigames and one of them has broken motion detection.
10. 3/10 Pop (700pts) - Unlocked a unique escapeVEKTOR level, but despite being polished, having achievements, a great soundtrack and even online leaderboards the gameplay is terribly repetitive.
11. 3/10 Newton vs the Horde (500pts) - Good idea, but bad controls, no instant replay, too much loading, no skipable cutscenes, and that damn freezing when you build too complex structures.

Stats only:
Compared to the three 1/10's I have five 10/10's.
Compared to the five 2/10's I have eighteen 9/10's.
Compared to the three 3/10's I have thirty 8/10's.
That makes as you guess it 11 very bad games and 53 very good games...

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Hokori

209. Posted:

Worst WiiWare, probably CS and FFIVTAY but only because I want them on the go and can get them on the go now... CS DSi is better and FFIV complete is on PSP and coming to eShop soon

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

210. Posted:

With Cave Story and The After Years being your worst WiiWare you're definately on the lucky side. :)

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Hokori

211. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

With Cave Story and The After Years being your worst WiiWare you're definately on the lucky side. :)

Well I know they arnt bad, that's not the reason it's just I play them rarely and now that I can play both on my 3DS it feels worse since I pick up my 3DS everyday so I'll be more incline touch up them if there downloaded to my 3DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

212. Posted:

They were great games for their time but lost value because now other versions are out that are more to your comfort and liking.
Yeah, I'm different. Can only have comfort with a big screen and don't play while I'm on the go. My 3DS gets almost no playtime.

However, it would be great to have FF IV COMPLETE on the Wii U eShop as well but that would make FF IV (VC) and FF IV TAY (WW) pretty pointless.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Omega

213. Posted:

I somehow regret the purchase of Robox. It's not a bad game by any means. But the lack of a in-game map (and no infos on GameFAQs or elsewhere) kills the game for me.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

214. Posted:

Omega wrote:

I somehow regret the purchase of Robox. It's not a bad game by any means. But the lack of a in-game map (and no infos on GameFAQs or elsewhere) kills the game for me.

Do you mean ROBLOX?

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Omega

215. Posted:

No. I mean the WiiWare title Robox from Dreambox Games.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

evildevil97

216. Posted:

I regret the following:

WiiWare:
Bit,Trip Beat (Couldnt get into it)
Mr. Driller W (Impulse buy)
Wild West Guns (Wanted something for the Zapper at the time)

Grill Off With Ultra Hand is kind of a regret, but it cost Club Nintendo coins instead of Wii Points.

As for Virtual Console, the only games I can say I regret, offhand:
New Adventure Island (Expected a more traditional platformer. My memories of the series failed me)
Ocarina of Time (Could not get into it)
Top Hunter (Wanted to give NeoGeo some love)
Dragon's Curse (I suck)

evildevil97

Nintendo Network ID: evildevil97

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

217. Posted:

Scooby Doo 2 on my GBA. It was okay but...

Edited on by Pichuka97

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

218. Posted:

Defend your castle- Wiiware.
It felt like a game that you could play for free on the internet. $5 wasted.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

219. Posted:

evildevil97 wrote:

I regret the following:

WiiWare:
Bit,Trip Beat (Couldnt get into it)
Mr. Driller W (Impulse buy)
Wild West Guns (Wanted something for the Zapper at the time)

Grill Off With Ultra Hand is kind of a regret, but it cost Club Nintendo coins instead of Wii Points.

As for Virtual Console, the only games I can say I regret, offhand:
New Adventure Island (Expected a more traditional platformer. My memories of the series failed me)
Ocarina of Time (Could not get into it)
Top Hunter (Wanted to give NeoGeo some love)
Dragon's Curse (I suck)

How in the world can you regret getting Ocarina of Time? That game is a classic! :D

Edited on by Sonomin

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

220. Posted:

I never got into WiiWare as much as I did with DSiWare, and most of the games I got were just meh experiences, but the only one I regret getting is Major league eating :|

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok