Forums

Topic: Games you regret buying

Posts 201 to 220 of 244

MikeDanger

TNA Impact for the PS3 on launch day for $60. I remember trading in big games for it (GTA4, MGS4, Uncharted...) never again have I ever bought a game on launch day, much less trade in games that I like for it.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Void

Klyo wrote:

Untitled

If this was the 3DS forum, I would chose this, Wii Ware, hmm... I only bought Fluidity and World of Goo... And I don't regret buying either of them.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SKTTR

Now with 130 WiiWare games I went through em all again... and here's the low end:

The 1/10s, 2/10s, and 3/10s...

1. 1/10 Family & Friends Party (1000pts) - would have been an ok partygame but it's unplayable due to frequent crashing and other bugs. I got Chronos Twins DX as a refund, so minus 700pts.
2. 1/10 My Zoo (900pts) - A horrible abomination of a screensaver. Soulless blurry giraffe eyes stare out of what looks and moves like a robot covered in fur. Scares kids and pains adults.
3. 1/10 Pop-Up Pirate! (500pts) - Technically there's nothing wrong with the port of the reallife toy. However you can only enjoy this videogame version if you are a horde of preschoolers or a horde of drunks.
4. 2/10 My Aquarium 2 (1000pts) - I refuse to call this a sequel. It's a deep sea remix. Everything is still extremely limited and runs on the old "Boredom Engine", and too much content was already in the first game.
5. 2/10 Defend Your Castle (500pts) - This felt just like the free flash game. Someone fling me up into the air for buying this cheap looking and crab sounding nonsense.
6. 2/10 My Starry Night (500pts) - No game. Quite educational but presented in a very boring way. Interesting features but little practical use. This is one for tablets, smartphones, or WiiU.
7. 2/10 Sandy Beach (500pts) - Too many motion controls and bad camera controls for a game where you need to be extremely precise and fast. Everything on lowstandard and the lack of modes and levels doesn't help.
8. 2/10 My Aquarium (500pts) - The first 500pts WiiWare game and promising, but ultimately the main attraction, the fish, they just swam left and right without interaction to other fish. Lifeless.
9. 3/10 Brain Cadets - (1000pts) Drill Sergeant Mindstrong is fun the first time you hear him drilling you and your friends but his commands repeat after a short time. It has only 4 mediocre multiplayer minigames and one of them has broken motion detection.
10. 3/10 Pop (700pts) - Unlocked a unique escapeVEKTOR level, but despite being polished, having achievements, a great soundtrack and even online leaderboards the gameplay is terribly repetitive.
11. 3/10 Newton vs the Horde (500pts) - Good idea, but bad controls, no instant replay, too much loading, no skipable cutscenes, and that damn freezing when you build too complex structures.

Stats only:
Compared to the three 1/10's I have five 10/10's.
Compared to the five 2/10's I have eighteen 9/10's.
Compared to the three 3/10's I have thirty 8/10's.
That makes as you guess it 11 very bad games and 53 very good games...

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Hokori

Worst WiiWare, probably CS and FFIVTAY but only because I want them on the go and can get them on the go now... CS DSi is better and FFIV complete is on PSP and coming to eShop soon

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SKTTR

With Cave Story and The After Years being your worst WiiWare you're definately on the lucky side.

Hokori

SKTTR wrote:

With Cave Story and The After Years being your worst WiiWare you're definately on the lucky side.

Well I know they arnt bad, that's not the reason it's just I play them rarely and now that I can play both on my 3DS it feels worse since I pick up my 3DS everyday so I'll be more incline touch up them if there downloaded to my 3DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SKTTR

They were great games for their time but lost value because now other versions are out that are more to your comfort and liking.
Yeah, I'm different. Can only have comfort with a big screen and don't play while I'm on the go. My 3DS gets almost no playtime.

However, it would be great to have FF IV COMPLETE on the Wii U eShop as well but that would make FF IV (VC) and FF IV TAY (WW) pretty pointless.

Omega

I somehow regret the purchase of Robox. It's not a bad game by any means. But the lack of a in-game map (and no infos on GameFAQs or elsewhere) kills the game for me.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Geonjaha

Omega wrote:

I somehow regret the purchase of Robox. It's not a bad game by any means. But the lack of a in-game map (and no infos on GameFAQs or elsewhere) kills the game for me.

Do you mean ROBLOX?

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Omega

No. I mean the WiiWare title Robox from Dreambox Games.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

evildevil97

I regret the following:

WiiWare:
Bit,Trip Beat (Couldnt get into it)
Mr. Driller W (Impulse buy)
Wild West Guns (Wanted something for the Zapper at the time)

Grill Off With Ultra Hand is kind of a regret, but it cost Club Nintendo coins instead of Wii Points.

As for Virtual Console, the only games I can say I regret, offhand:
New Adventure Island (Expected a more traditional platformer. My memories of the series failed me)
Ocarina of Time (Could not get into it)
Top Hunter (Wanted to give NeoGeo some love)
Dragon's Curse (I suck)

evildevil97

Nintendo Network ID: evildevil97

Pichuka97

Scooby Doo 2 on my GBA. It was okay but...

Edited on by Pichuka97

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

Jani-Koblaney

Defend your castle- Wiiware.
It felt like a game that you could play for free on the internet. $5 wasted.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Jani-Koblaney

evildevil97 wrote:

I regret the following:

WiiWare:
Bit,Trip Beat (Couldnt get into it)
Mr. Driller W (Impulse buy)
Wild West Guns (Wanted something for the Zapper at the time)

Grill Off With Ultra Hand is kind of a regret, but it cost Club Nintendo coins instead of Wii Points.

As for Virtual Console, the only games I can say I regret, offhand:
New Adventure Island (Expected a more traditional platformer. My memories of the series failed me)
Ocarina of Time (Could not get into it)
Top Hunter (Wanted to give NeoGeo some love)
Dragon's Curse (I suck)

How in the world can you regret getting Ocarina of Time? That game is a classic!

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Eel

I never got into WiiWare as much as I did with DSiWare, and most of the games I got were just meh experiences, but the only one I regret getting is Major league eating

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ludicoloishome

defend your castle
even tho i got hours of playtime out of this game i just felt like it was a time killer

pokemon rumble
i HATE how your pokemon cant level up or anything

Pokmeon ranch
its a storage box

tiki towers
i got it cause i didnt get world of goo and everyone said it played like it but i can't get into it :/

my aquirum
a screensaver :/

Ludicoloishome

HawkeyeWii

I got Blast Works because it got an 8.5 in NP, but oh my gosh was that a boring game. Defiently not worth the score!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

AS far as WiiWare goes. Pokemon Ranch was a total waste. And that Planet Pachinko game. Absolutely terrible. I would go as far as to say that it is the worst videogame I have ever played! I maybe played it for 10 total minutes. It is god awful

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I got Blast Works because it got an 8.5 in NP, but oh my gosh was that a boring game. Defiently not worth the score!

That's what I always said. But it's an old Rareware game, so most people called me crazy for daring to doubt that everything they make is perfection...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.