Forums

Topic: Games you regret buying

Posts 161 to 180 of 244

SkullMan

Tomb Raider Anniversary for the wii sucked, I still own it...bad choice.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

lockelocke

@Yasume
250 hours is never nothing. I wish I still had that kind of time to sink into videogames.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

RonF

SkullMan wrote:

I rented this one and I had a good time. Except when I found the monster by the end of the lava tunnels. It took a couple of hours but I finally gave up. I didn't liked the combat, but the platforming was excellent.

RonF

Kingbuilder

Driift Mania, Contra Rebirth, Bubble Bobble Plus, Bomberman Blast, Castlevania Rebirth, Pokemon Rumble, Mega Man 10, and Grill-Off with Ultra Hand.

Yeah, I regret almost all of my Wiiware purchases, and don't even ask me to explain why I didn't enjoy them. I have my reasons.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Kingbuilder

Bit.trip Runner, Cave Story, and Mega Man 9 were the only 3 that I actually really enjoyed.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Simon_Deku

Kingbuilder wrote:

Bit.trip Runner, Cave Story, and Mega Man 9 were the only 3 that I actually really enjoyed.

I can see why; who DOESN"T like those games?!

Minecraft is almighty!

triforceofcourage

sonic rush

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

TheChosen

Let me see....

I bought Dead or Alive 3 when I bought the X-Box. My sister is not much into fighting games, so I just finished the single player with all the characters and never bothered to pick it up. The game is very, very easy. In fact, my even my sister finished it once! Still though, it was beatiful to watch.

Another one was Asterix and the Great Rescue for Megadrive. I heard a bit about good Asterix game on some Sega system, but turns out this wasnt it. Heck, the game doesnt even work on my ASCIIware Fighter stick.

Then there's Celebrity Deathmatch on PSX, which I bought along with a second controller. It was fun for the first day (on two player), then it got boring.

Other than that, I dont regret much.

TheChosen

CanisWolfred

TheChosen wrote:

Let me see....

I bought Dead or Alive 3 when I bought the X-Box. My sister is not much into fighting games, so I just finished the single player with all the characters and never bothered to pick it up. The game is very, very easy. In fact, my even my sister finished it once! Still though, it was beatiful to watch.

I dare you to say that again once you beat it on Very Hard. Consoles fighters always default to an easy setting so it doesn't break your spirit.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sherlock

my aquarium
defend your castle
zombie panic in wonderland. not worth 1,000 wii points

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

WesFX

I guess Bruiser & Scratch and Defend Your Castle fit the bill. I bought Defend Your Castle by accident (<__< it's true, the Wii Shop Channel was brand new, I was curious about block sizes so I was clicking through to the part that says "it's takes up this much space and this many points, okay?", and I just clicked on the wrong thing), and I bought Bruiser & Scratch because I heard it was a tough puzzle game....but it's extremely tough. So tough it feels like there aren't any solutions after hours of trying and trying. Still, lots of puzzles in that one if you're up for the challenge.

At the same time though, as cheap as the prices are, I'm happy to have a well informed opinion about the games.

It's interesting to read about the WiiWare games that people didn't like. Most make sense, but some are absolutely fantastic games. Wish more people would have given explanations, cause it seems like some of those people just bought the game based on one high review without really taking the time to consider if they might like it in the first place.

Edited on by WesFX

WesFX

CanisWolfred

WesFX wrote:

I guess Bruiser & Scratch and Defend Your Castle fit the bill. I bought Defend Your Castle by accident (<__< it's true, the Wii Shop Channel was brand new, I was curious about block sizes so I was clicking through to the part that says "it's takes up this much space and this many points, okay?", and I just clicked on the wrong thing), and I bought Bruiser & Scratch because I heard it was a tough puzzle game....but it's extremely tough. So tough it feels like there aren't any solutions after hours of trying and trying. Still, lots of puzzles in that one if you're up for the challenge.

At the same time though, as cheap as the prices are, I'm happy to have a well informed opinion about the games.

It's interesting to read about the WiiWare games that people didn't like. Most make sense, but some are absolutely fantastic games. Wish more people would have given explanations, cause it seems like some of those people just bought the game based on one high review without really taking the time to consider if they might like it in the first place.

Some people do that, some impulse buy, some don't know what they like, and then others just weren't well informed. I got Lost Winds because it sounded good, but didn't realize that a game that was so short would lack so much satisfaction when completed. I got another game based entirely on hype, and it turned out to be much less fun than I expected. I haven't regreted much else, thankfully. Usually I'll make a few mistakes at the beginning and learn from them. I've never regretted a Wiiware game after my first batch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shinesprite

New Super Mario Bros. - I found an abandoned copy on my table when I went to Burger King a few weeks later.

Real Soccer 2009 (DSiWare) - Real Soccer 2010 came out the following week.

shinesprite

marktheshark

I remember accidentally downloading My Pokemon Ranch & wasting a good 1000 pts. As of now, I'm also starting to feel a bit ripped off from buying quite a few VC games. If only the games wouldn't be locked to just one system & the SD card.

Edited on by marktheshark

rustythekid

SSX Blur. I can understand the hype on that game, but it's not my type, I'm more of a 1080° person.

rustythekid

vince220

I regret buying Defend Your Castle; it's just so repetitive.

Pokemon Rumble faces the same problem but I can live with that purchase. I honestly had a lot of fun beating it, but it is a bit expensive for a WiiWare game.

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

jbrodack

Besides Overturn I'd have to add:

Driift Mania: I've don't like how it controls. Feels like I have to fight the controls with my car going in the wrong direction. Ruined my enjoyment of the game. A demo would have saved me from this purchase.

Adventure Island: The Beginning: While I loved alien crush and star soldier was good though short this one could have used a lot of polish. Times when your spear just hits an invisible wall are annoying as well as a lot of cheap deaths. There is still fun to be had it just could have been better and gets annoyingly frustrating at times.

I also didn't enjoy bomberman blast as much as I thought I would though I can't fault the game too much.

wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482
onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949
bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930

irken004

SkullMan wrote:

I like that game on the PC, I use a ps2-style USB controller to play it with

LordJumpMad

I Regret Nothing!
Pokemon Ranch

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.