Showing 1 to 20 of 28
1. Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012 01:52 GMT
so unless La Mulana or Retro City Rampage change people's minds, there's basically not any life left for the fun but very flawed Wiiware (and you will not internet debate this for no reason). So why not? This thread.
For me it's World of Goo, easy as hell choice. If I got Cave Story, it might have been close (even the PC original isn't quite as good as World of Goo). But everything else I got was ok or good but not GOTY 2008. It was simple but so addicting. It only take a few hours to beat, but I've spent combined on both on my own Wiiware version and someone else's PC version like 50 hours. The humor is really good and never feels forced, overdone or trying to hard like a lot of indy games often do, the art design is great, the music is Danny Elfman worthy.
Edited on Thu 16th February, 2012 @ 01:53 by kkslider5552000
3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55
Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!
2. Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012 03:20 GMT
My Top 30
1. MotoHeroz2. Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King3. World of Goo4. Hydroventure5. Bonsai Barber6. Swords & Soldiers7. Flowerworks: Follie´s Adventure8. -Art Style- light trax9. Phoenix Wright (series)10. Tales of Monkey Island (series)11. Excitebike: World Challenge12. -Art Style- ORBIENT13. TV Show King 214. -Art Style- CUBELLO15. Airport Mania: First Flight16. Bubble Bobble Plus!17. -Art Style- ROTOHEX18. Jungle Speed19. -Art Style- PENTA TENTACLES20. Robox21. NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits22. BIT.TRIP VOID23. and yet it moves24. LostWinds (series)25. BIT.TRIP RUNNER26. Texas Hold´em Tournament27. Rock N´ Roll Climber28. lilt line29. Cave Story30. art of balance
Honorable mentions:... ThruSpace... Dr. Mario & Germ Buster... Tetris Party... Monsteca Corral... Jett Rocket... Toribash: Violence Perfected... Strong Bad (series)
Edited on Thu 15th March, 2012 @ 10:52 by SKTTR
3. Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012 04:45 GMT
Let's see, off the top of my head: Overturn, Rage of the Gladiator, TV Show King 2, Water Warfare, Pokémon Rumble, Tales of Monkey Island series, Pearl Harbor: Episode I: Red Sun Rising
Edited on Thu 16th February, 2012 @ 04:46 by BulbasaurusRex
Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912
4. Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012 04:58 GMT
either world of goo or the bit trip runner.
Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.
Nintendo Network ID: shingi70
5. Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2012 05:05 GMT
Everybody likes World of Goo more than me.~i love world of goo~
Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time
6. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 02:46 GMT
i want to check out tv show king and monkey island games. heard good things about the strong arm series as well.
7. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 02:50 GMT
1: Fluidity2: Mega Man 93: Toki Tori4: Mega Man 105: Lost Winds
I love WiiWare.
Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury
8. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 03:00 GMT
Not in orderBit Trip RunnerMege Man 10Fast Racing LeagueSword's and soldeir's
I know the world renown martial art Shaq Foo
was TheKungFuMaster got demoted to Batchu then evolve to MercifulLemon7
I come back and make my mark and dispear again.
Nintendo Network ID: MercifulLemon7
9. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 03:11 GMT
I have a bunch of Winners on my Flash Drive/SD card.
1 Castlevania Rebirth...Love Love this game.
2 Excitebike world tour
3 FF My Life as dark lord.
4...the others I own are kind of forgetable...I am looking at you WaterWarfare.
10. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 03:16 GMT
I regret buying WaterWarfare.
Edited on Wed 14th March, 2012 @ 03:16 by MercifulLemon7
11. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 03:40 GMT
For me, it's:
Final Fantasy: My Life As KingArt Style: RotohexArt Style: Penta TentaclesArt Style: CubelloPictureBook Games: Pop-Up Adventure
Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)
12. Posted: Wed 14th Mar 2012 04:03 GMT
Rage of the Gladiator is/was my favorite.
"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer
"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake
13. Posted: Thu 15th Mar 2012 03:11 GMT
world of goo is great, i`ve got stuck a fair few times on this and youtube helped out tremendously for tips on how to complete levels, and with OCD ratings too.i also enjoyed wild west guns. this is fun to get high scores on,but it`s better in 2 player. plus it`s quite impresive visualy for a wiiware game too. it maybe a little short for some peoples tastes but i still think it`s well worth the asking price, and a download.alien crush pinball is pretty good, and is another one of those games if you like running up high scores, plus it has online leader boards which is a bonus.pearl harbour trilogy, part one is really good and has quite a few different campaigns to clear through, so there`s plenty of replay value here. it`s a shame that the other two games in the series never made it on to wiiware, or even retail, which is a shame because i would have liked to have had the rest of the series.
Edited on Thu 15th March, 2012 @ 03:13 by dizzy_boy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.
14. Posted: Thu 15th Mar 2012 07:55 GMT
I never really cared for, "World of Goo," myself. I actually wish I'd saved the points, so I wouldn't have had to spend another $15 for, "Moto Heroz". Which was magnificent for a WiiWare title.
Edit: It's a shame, "Moto Heroz," never received well enough sales. Because RedLynx never produced the DLC packs.
Edited on Thu 15th March, 2012 @ 08:41 by Nintenbro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
15. Posted: Mon 2nd Apr 2012 15:35 BST
Games I own, love, and recommend to anyone:
Games I enjoyed, but didn't love:
Meh... pretty much what you expect, for better or worse:
Actively regret buying these:
Haven't tried yet:
Would still like to buy, liked the demos where available:
Edited on Mon 2nd April, 2012 @ 15:38 by ejamer
Nintendo Network ID: ejamer
16. Posted: Thu 5th Apr 2012 23:26 BST
...in my pants.
17. Posted: Fri 6th Apr 2012 02:09 BST
@Gamesake O_o Do you actually own those? What's in the tub?
18. Posted: Sat 21st Apr 2012 22:42 BST
There's a few, but top of the stack for me is the Bit.Trip series, the Art Style series and escapeVektor - I'm just a sucker for retro.
Muscle March and Tomana Sanner are also high up there as are the Konami and Taito sequels to their games of yesteryear.
Then there's the other indie stuff like You, Me and the Cubes, Rage of the Gladiator - loads more if I took the time to make a list.
It's definitely seen its day though. In Japan the party ended early last year; thankfully the VC keeps on giving (yay Metal Slug 3!).
BLOG, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron
19. Posted: Sat 28th Apr 2012 03:02 BST
1. NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits2. LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias3. MotoHeroz4. World of Goo
20. Posted: Tue 19th Jun 2012 06:31 BST
In no particular order...
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Orbient
Art Style: Light Trax
Excitebike: World Rally
Fast Racing League
You, Me, and the Cubes
I'm not fond of the word ****.