Forums

Topic: Doc Louis would like to punch you in the face

Posts 61 to 70 of 70

Odnetnin

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Y'know what's even cooler than dodging the star punch? Managing to dodge the punch that GIVES him the star in the first place! It's REALLY hard to do since there's so little warning, but it does save valuable time if you can pull it off. I was surprised I didn't get a star for managing, but I think that's the surest sign that you CAN'T get any stars against him.

I haven't managed to dodge the punch that gives him the star yet. I wonder if you have to punch him immediately after/in a certain way after dodging? Oh, and could you tell if you have to block, duck, dodge left, or dodge right to avoid the aforementioned punch?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

I tried counterpunching, but couldn't get it to work either with the star-giving punch or the star punch itself.

I dodge to the right with the star giving punch. Then, you can quickly fight back as long as you start with your left.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

zane

Wow the same second I read the topic a guy on Scrubs on the telly said -punch in the face! I think it was kelso. Kinda creepy...

Old Nintendofan from up north...

SwerdMurd

@zane - you remember the episode where JD was funny?

Me neither.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Stuffgamer1

@Pupito: That would imply that the picture of his face is the easter egg, and beating him without knocking the chocolate gives the normal trophy like is earned on the first two matches against him. I had already theorized this, but hadn't bothered to confirm it.

Thanks for all the Star Punch info, too. That's a bunch of stuff I never would have thought to try. There are a lot of characters in the retail game that apparently have lot more ways to earn stars than I could ever guess, seeing as there are Exhibition trophies to be earned for finding a bunch of ways. Tough stuff.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Stuffgamer1

Well, I haven't bothered to go back to the game since your Star Punch update, but I'm not buying Mario hats on eBay, either.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.