Forums

Topic: Cave Story map glitch???

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

AENIGMA

Are some of the maps glitched in anyone else's game? Or it it normal (I've never played the PC version)? Only half of the map is shown in some areas, the rest stretches the pixels from where it stops to the end of the map. So far I've seen the "Egg Corridor" and "Bushlands" maps glitch.

Untitled

EDIT
I just figured out what the problem is with the glitched maps. If you play with the NEW graphics, some of the maps will glitch. Switching to the ORIGINAL graphics fixes the problem, as far as I can tell.

Edited on by AENIGMA

ÆNIGMA

Bigdog

Man, what a silly glitch. Surprising something like this would get past QA after such a long delay.

Hopefully, this is as bad as it gets.

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

V8_Ninja

That's definitely not normal for the PC version. It's day one and people are finding glitches? That's not a good thing.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

MrPinguy

irken004 wrote:

Never noticed it when I was playing.

Because the map isn't really needed for those areas.
Maybe that's why it was overlooked, but there are Wiiware patches, so it might be fixed in the future.

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

Corbs

I'll try to find out about this one. I'm just getting into the game now.

Plain old gamer :)

Philip_J_Reed

I noticed that in the Egg Corridor or whatever, but I thought it was a joke. (Trying to travel that far because the map suggested I could got me killed!)

Sorry to hear it's a glitch. baah.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kid_A

I never even use that map so I chances are I would have never seen it--good to know, though.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stuffgamer1

I was wondering about this myself. That sucks. I hope they can patch it soon. Not that the game's unplayable without this being fixed or anything...it's just kind of annoying. Actually, the fact that the map makes no effort to point out where I am on it bothers me more.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Kid_A

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I was wondering about this myself. That sucks. I hope they can patch it soon. Not that the game's unplayable without this being fixed or anything...it's just kind of annoying. _ Actually, the fact that the map makes no effort to point out where I am on it bothers me more_ .

Well, the original game's map was like that

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Denkou

you use the map? haha. but no that is not normal in teh pc version. i srsly hope this is the worst of the glitches.

NO

GeminiSaint

Don't hold your hopes high for a patch, though. Nintendo only allows patching if a game-breaking bug is found.

GeminiSaint

Stuffgamer1

@Kid_A: Yeah, I figured that was a design choice. Still somewhat annoying. Fortunately, the maps generally aren't too big and they're pretty descript, so it's usually not too hard to figure out about where on it you are.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

SwerdMurd

A glitch? On this version of Cave Story!?

But it spent so long in development. Surely it wouldn't be rife with glitches and overpriced!? That just wouldn't make sense.

Nicalis...how quickly you've alienated me.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

rule_z

Im sure nicalis is heartbroken over alienating you too.

Edited on by rule_z

rule_z

MrPinguy

Ironically the map only have any use for getting panties (that have no use), maybe a dog (but you can get it without the map anyway) and reveling how to get a optional medal that doesn't have any use (And this last one the map doesn't work as a map at all, it's just gives you text).

Edited on by MrPinguy

MrPinguy

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.