Forums

Topic: Bit.Trip Runner First Impressions

Posts 181 to 188 of 188

Sneaker13

WaveBoy wrote:

World 1 and 2, along with their Bosses and music were Golden. Yet World 3 pissed me off to no end, I hated the environment and music especially, not to mention the final Boss was a complete letdown

What boss?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Odnetnin

@Starcross64 I agree. Though this game can at times demand perfection, it makes achieving perfection all the more satisfying. And upon going back the stages got easier for me too (I got my first !! in 1-1, lol).

And this is coming from someone who's rhythmically challenged (I could never get anywhere in Rhythm Heaven), and with practice, I beat this game, which feels like a significant accomplishment. I feel the punishing difficulty is required for so rewarding an experience.

One thing I'm sure of: Gaijin Games knows what they're doing. They tested having "multiple hits" in RUNNER, but found that the experience became less intense and less engaging because of it.

And yeah, if I had the opportunity to show Roger Ebert that video games are art, this would be my prime example.

Considering FATE is the "Empire Strikes Back" of the series according to Alex Neuse, it hardly sounds like a disappointment.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Paperclip

WaveBoy wrote:

I expected something epic, and I got nothing. If only World 3 was more bizzare, colorful and crazy....I hated the generic dirty suberb city and the melow music. Other than that, my experience with World 1 and 2 was easily a 9 or a 10/10 That's how much I loved it, world 3? ehhh.

The final boss is cool because it's all about determination. Commander Video is determined and just won't stop running until he reaches his goal. It's about taking life's challenges head on, an never giving up. CV's perseverance helps him reach the boss, despite all obstacles, and kick him in the face.

Check out my classy comics.

Odnetnin

@WaveBoy I have the demo of Braid on Steam. It's highly enjoyable, if not uber-addicting and engaging. I also love the music, as well as the Mario references. World of Goo is amazing, and imo only surpassed by Cave Story and RUNNER. BEAT is close, but not quite as good. I'm hoping FATE absolutely slays them all, though, haha.

@Starcross64 Exactly. Though I think the fact that he wouldn't have been able to reach the final boss without the support of his friends is a key part of 3-B's impact.

I heard one of the coolest things the other day from an interview with Alex Neuse. It was something like the gold bars in RUNNER are what we strive for while we're running through life, but that's not always what we do. Nobody has a perfect life, but along the way we try our best, and sometimes we actually achieve, well, everything we reached for, or get a perfect. That's how the game portrays humanity.
he said it a lot better, though
Link: Interview Here (A little quiet and a little awkward)

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Machu

stoopid game

Rawr!

Aviator

not stoopid, you stoopid

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Machu

yih, and proud hugs av

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.