Forums

Topic: Bit.Trip Runner First Impressions

Posts 141 to 160 of 188

Edwicket

accc wrote:

Wow, good job Edwin!

Do you get anything special for getting all perfects?

Thanks. I don't think you get anything in the game, but in the game's operations guide it said to email Gaijin Games with proof that you got perfects and they will post it on their perfects page. So I did that, we'll see what happens.

Edwicket

accc

Yeah I saw that in the operations manual, but I don't really have any way of proving my scores short of taking pictures with my crappy cell phone camera. I really wish they would just have online leaderboards to upload your scores to.

accc

theblackdragon

@accc, Edwin: I know they post images people have taken of their TV screens showing perfects for other Bit.Trip games to their Facebook photo album, but idk if they also post them to their own website or anything (i haven't checked, lol).

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

This second to last stage is kicking me up one side and down the next. Those climb-the-stairs-then-jump-the-garbage-then-slide-down-under-the-flying-rocks sections don't leave much margin for error, and those darned bouncing subway beats are back. I'm much better at them now, but it's the kind of thing that'll take you out if you lose focus.

Can't wait for this level to be over, as it's one I'll never, ever be playing again. Also, gotta see this non-boss I keep hearing so much about.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

Oh man, the second to last level rules. I had so much fun playing it a bazillion times. I'll definitely be playing it again some time. I played a bunch of levels from World 1 and 2 earlier today, and I was amazed at how easy they are to beat once you've beaten them once. In that respect, I think the World 3 levels will be the most fun to replay since they'll still be pretty darn hard.

Also, the subway triplet beats are awesome. I'd like to see someone try to do that without the music.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

I like the subway beats, they're just responsible for more of my deaths than the other recurring obstacle I mentioned above. And yeah, I had a similar experience replaying worlds one and two...I didn't die many times, and even the gold seemed bizarrely easier to get.

Fun fact: I got sick of losing in the Runner level, and switched to Mega Man 4 to cool off a bit. That game seemed INSANELY BORING AND SLOW.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Paperclip

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Alright, I'll make up for it...

Bit.Trip: Rock N Ball

Bit. Trip Boy!! (except only the Japanese version will be good)

And here's an interesting article for you guys.

Check out my classy comics.

theblackdragon

@Starcross64: thanks, but i already saw that article via the link from the NL writeup :3

i only just beat the game now, and i already can't wait for the next one. i love how they're taking Commander Video through the human experience with these games :3

BEST THREAD EVER

JonWahlgren

Ugh, meatball staircases are the worst. Why am I doing this to myself? I'm looking at you, 3-10!

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

JackMack

3-10 is the reason I'm online right now. 3-10 is hell.

JackMack

iphys

I think 3-10 is the hardest stage in the game, so once you get past that you pretty much have the game beaten. Funny how everything that seemed like it required perfect timing earlier on in the game suddenly seems like you have all the time in the world after doing 3-10.

Also, I think it's actually easier to play this game with the sound off, because every time I tried to get into a rhythm it would throw me off (especially on those red/purple triples), so I wound up beating the last 3 sections with the sound off and just concentrating on what I was seeing.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

theblackdragon

if you think 3-10 is bad, guys, wait 'til you hit 3-11 and the boss stage. seriously, the madness starts in The Gauntlet and does not let up until the game is over :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Paperclip

@theblackdragon Woops.

Anyway, I've been working on getting all the gold in the levels (not counting Bonus Levels, I'm not that masochistic), and I just have 3-10 left. It's not as hard as it used to be, but the meatball staircases are still the stupidest thing in the game. You need to be so precise.

And can anyone else figure out what any of the level's names mean? I'm guessing Radbot and Junior Melchkin are the other characters names. But that's all I've got. Huh, I got this from Destructoid:

To quote the game's developers directly;"We don't have a Mackle Fussybuck, but we do have: Jabol Smabbler, Junior Melchkin, Flyss Whizzle, Mingrawn Timbletot, Leftwise Gestersmek (and a Rightwise one to boot), Hairy Knorkwhisp, and our favorite... The Non Trotski. Basically, we're makin' this sh*t up."

Edited on by Paperclip

Check out my classy comics.

shake_zula

Edwin wrote:

Hi everyone. I have cleared every level on perfect. Here is the complete list of scores:

dude

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

Sneaker13

theblackdragon wrote:

i would only agree with this if (a) we're talking about the final three levels of the game, and (b) if i honestly cared that much about perfecting the entire game (which i totally don't, lol). :3 I'm just in it for the overall experience, and in that sense it's a freakin' masterpiece IMO.

Not agreeing with the masterpiece, but I really like the game other then the frustrating points I mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

@Edwin. Awesome job. Sound pretty cool to go on the Perfects page (haven't found it on the site though). I currently have perfected Zone 1.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

JonWahlgren

I killed 3-10 dead once I realized how to get past that meatball-slide-bounce into meatball section. Really annoying part.

So far 3-11 isn't that bad, but then again I stopped playing after a couple of tries and deaths. I still hate the staircases, but I've gotten much better at them having to play 3-10 for what felt like two hours.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Edwicket

Sneaker13 wrote:

@Edwin. Awesome job. Sound pretty cool to go on the Perfects page (haven't found it on the site though). I currently have perfected Zone 1.

Thanks. I got an email back from Gaijin saying that they will be doing some kind of post soon and to keep watching their site.

Edwicket

GaBiii_Q

@Edwin : you sir, are not human. i cannot get perfect even on level 1-2 (got perfect on 1-1 though)
PD:Hey, i'm the only one who thinks Bit.Trip.RUNNER looks like the donkey kong 3 level "stampede sprint"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKnv3zMY_dE

Wiiero de Argentina. PM para intercambiar wii codes :D

Edwicket

GaBiii_Q wrote:

@Edwin : you sir, are not human. i cannot get perfect even on level 1-2 (got perfect on 1-1 though)
PD:Hey, i'm the only one who thinks Bit.Trip.RUNNER looks like the donkey kong 3 level "stampede sprint"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKnv3zMY_dE

I'll take that as a compliment. And good comparison to DKC3, I had forgotten about that level but it really is very similar to RUNNER.

Edwicket

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.