Forums

Topic: Bit.Trip Runner First Impressions

Posts 101 to 120 of 188

theblackdragon

@CB: i thought you'd'a already gotten the idea of how little i truly valued our 'friendship' on that fateful day, the day i gifted you Niki >:3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

theblackdragon wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

but I'm hoping to get some hands-on with the fifth game when I visit the Gaijin Games' studio in Santa Cruz in a few weeks, so that makes it all better.

oh. my. god. dude, shake their hands for me, will you? seriously, they are all amazing people for putting out this series of games, every single person working in that studio. you're so lucky, holy crap fifth game D: :3

I smell a giddy fangirl.

weirdadam wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

but I'm hoping to get some hands-on with the fifth game when I visit the Gaijin Games' studio in Santa Cruz in a few weeks, so that makes it all better.

oh. my. god. dude, shake their hands for me, will you? seriously, they are all amazing people for putting out this series of games, every single person working in that studio. you're so lucky, holy crap fifth game D: :3

I second all of this except the walrus face.

And a fanboy.

Untitled

Despite only being able to reach the first boss in Void, I really do like it. I don't really know why, either. D:

retired_account

Adam

Void is beauty. I hope they revisit that approach to color and music in one of the next Bit Trips. I love the bright look, too, but it is definitely hard on the eyes for long play.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

invmat

This game is epic, downloaded it 3 hours ago and played for 2 hours. I have 1-11 unlocked and all gold bars in the stages 1-1 till 1-5 (no bonus levels). I'm curious how the boss works...

invmat

Philip_J_Reed

3 levels to go! The fourth-to-last was so insanely difficult for me...I must have died 100 times. So far the level I'm on right now seems much easier, but I am totally burnt on the game tonight.

Still loving it though. Not many games...hell, no other game, really...could keep me playing so long through so many deaths without quitting in frustration.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SuperMarioFan96

A little further in, and I have to say that I think this is my favorite game to release on Wii (that I've played) this entire year, retail or download. Better than Red Steel 2, Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, and Cave Story (haven't played Monster Hunter yet...).

But I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 will change my mind on that statement.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

shake_zula

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

3 levels to go! The fourth-to-last was so insanely difficult for me...I must have died 100 times. So far the level I'm on right now seems much easier, but I am totally burnt on the game tonight.

Is that 3-8 or 3-7? I definitely had a lot of trouble with one of those, then 3-9 was definitely easy (and maybe 3-8 too I can't remember exactly) and then you hit 3-10. That's pretty much where the game gets going =P

I'm still loving this game. Took a 24 hour break from it and now I'm playing for perfect scores and enjoying it immensely. I've perfect'd 2-5 and 3-3 so far, as well as a few of the first levels and the boss levels.

I can always tell when I'm in love with a new game, when I find myself making coffee at 1:30am when I have work the next day

Edited on by shake_zula

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

Adam

Yay, I beat a Bit Trip game before Chicken.

By the way, Commander Video dies at the end.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

aargh, i'm so close to beating 3-12, but i need a break.

also, tell me how i full-golded 3-11, but i effed up on the first obstacle in the bonus level? i'll proably never be able to do that again DDDDDDDDD:

BEST THREAD EVER

iphys

lol, was that you on the youtube video I just watched? Pretty funny if someone else managed to do the exact same thing on 3-11.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

theblackdragon

@iphys: no, shake_zula said that was him. and yes, it sucked so hard considering i was totally gonna kick rear, and then i jumped... and i didn't hold 2 down for long enough >:/

BEST THREAD EVER

retired_account

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Not many games...hell, no other game, really...could keep me playing so long through so many deaths without quitting in frustration.

Yeah, same here, except for N+ and New Adventure Island. :3

retired_account

Paperclip

So, I just beat it a few hours ago, and the last level was awesome. Loving the new characters. And the ending made me Oh Snap!, which promises for a spectacular Bit. Trip 5.

Check out my classy comics.

shake_zula

iphys wrote:

lol, was that you on the youtube video I just watched? Pretty funny if someone else managed to do the exact same thing on 3-11.

Haha yeah that was me, LOL tbd

It happened to me because while the bonus stage was starting I was on my feet screaming OH MY GOD I FINALLY DID IT

pixelman wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Not many games...hell, no other game, really...could keep me playing so long through so many deaths without quitting in frustration.

Yeah, same here, except for N+ and New Adventure Island. :3

Just what I was thinking :]

Edited on by shake_zula

shake_zula

Machu

I feel lonely

Rawr!

Sneaker13

I really hate the bonus levels. They are terrible developed. First you have to go through a normal level and get all the gold. I you finally managed that. The bonus level starts. You're bound to floogle up at least once. But it won't restart. No, the score will be counted and you go to the next level. So if your hunting for !! and Perfects, you have to quit, go back to the zone you wanted the replay and back to the level. Just terrible.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

shake_zula

Machu wrote:

I feel lonely

If it helps mate I was sort of disappointed with the game. I was expecting one of the best games ever and instead I just got an awesome game =D one thing I sort of agree with you on is the lack of skill involved, the game feels skillful at first, but 95% of it is memory and repeating pretty easy timing sequences. I can actually remember each individual challenging sequence in the whole game, they're not all that frequent

Edited on by shake_zula

shake_zula

Philip_J_Reed

weirdadam wrote:

Yay, I beat a Bit Trip game before Chicken.

By the way, Commander Video dies at the end.

Well that explains the leaked title of the 5th game, at least. Bit.Trip: Rotting Corpse

Also, why are so many folks complaining that you can't choose the bonus stages to play outside of the normal levels? Aren't bonus stages typically only accessible after beating a level? I certainly can't recall many games, if any, that allowed me to replay bonus levels to my heart's content without having to play the main game.

Get back in there, make the level your b**** again, and take another shot at the bonus. It's not that tough...one of the best things about Runner demanding perfection is that you're a frickin ace at the level by the time you finally beat it. Going back isn't so tough.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

shake_zula

It's not tough but it's annoying trying to master the bonus stages, when you have to play through 90 seconds of something you can do with your eyes closed each time

shake_zula

Sneaker13

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Also, why are so many folks complaining that you can't choose the bonus stages to play outside of the normal levels? Aren't bonus stages typically only accessible after beating a level? I certainly can't recall many games, if any, that allowed me to replay bonus levels to my heart's content without having to play the main game.

Get back in there, make the level your b**** again, and take another shot at the bonus. It's not that tough...one of the best things about Runner demanding perfection is that you're a frickin ace at the level by the time you finally beat it. Going back isn't so tough.

The reason I have a problem with not a better way to play the bonus levels, is because they aren't bonus levels. Hell, even the Nintendo press release states 50 challenges. So even the developers don't see it as a bonus. And it really isn't, because not completing the bonus level means no !! and no perfect. Bonus stages are supposed to be fun. Like beating up a car in Final Fight or in some of the Mario games where you have to play a mini game to get a power up or extra lives. Or in Adventure-Island for the GB where you choose an egg which gives you points, lives or other stuff. Or in Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose where you can play different mini games to rack up points and lives. Those are bonus levels, nice little diversions that gives you something extra before starting the next level. Not a stripped down boring level like in Runner which you NEED to beat in order to get a !! or Perfect.

And I can almost play the levels with my eyes closed (ok, not really, but that would be nice). It gets really boring and annoying when you want to get to the bonus level and have to work your way through the level again, get to the bonus, miss one gold bar and start all over again. Especially since some levels are freaking long.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.