WiiWare Forum

Topic: BIT.TRIP FLUX Spoiler topic

Showing 101 to 106 of 106

AuthorMessage

madgear

101. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

madgear wrote:

Does Flux have a boss mode? I started Transition and, instead of how it usually begins, it said "boss" and I had to battle the final boss at the start of the stage. You could tell it was the start of the stage as it had that planet flying around in the distance as usual only it was the boss instead.

Transition? Flux has Epiphany, Perception, and Catharsis... Transition is the first level of Beat.

Sorry I meant Catharsis - strange I said Transition because I don't even have Beat (other than the demo).

Anyway I think what I did before the stage started was lanched a string of beats when selecting it - I dodged some and hit others. Could have been a bug or a way of playing the boss. I wish I defeated the boss now instead of giving up (I did try for 40 minutes tho).

madgear

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

102. Posted:

@madgear That actually makes sense. Did you start in HYPER?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

103. Posted:

i just tried dying during the final boss for the hell of it, and all it does is reset. leaving the wiimote alone doesn't work, either — it just times out and auto-disconnects, halting the game in its tracks. so much for that theory :3

i also tried shooting a whole bunch of beats at the stage select screen (as madgear described) and hitting them all at random. didn't manage to trigger anything. i may try that again on and off whenever i'm in the mood to play some Catharsis. I actually got up to Extra tonight, something i've never done in Catharsis before, haha. all that fighting to get to the final boss over and over has paid off a little, i think :3
someday i'll get to meta... someday

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

madgear

104. Posted:

@Odnetnin

No I started as you usually do (with the pink bat). Everything was exactly the same as when you start Catharsis except it was the boss there instead. The background was the same as the start with the planet that flies close to the screen then backs off into the distance. The reason why I thought it was a bug was because of the background - the planet animation stopped in the distance and just hung there, spinning slightly - obviously you don't normally see that far because stage 2 starts before then (and I spent 40 mins trying to defeat the boss).

I've got a feeling had I beated the boss, it'd have just carried on to the normal end sequence. I can't say for sure, but I don't want any of you wasting your time because of a bug. Afterall, if it was a secret, I reckon they'd have given you extra to play, rather than less.

madgear

AuthorMessage

wanderlustwarrior

105. Posted:

Write it on the facebook group's wall.

Regarding the TvTropes page on it, not to toot our own horn, but some of my fellow tropers did a lot of the decoding before FATE even came out. I myself made some contributions at some point too.

(This is why I say in my sig to check that site out. You'll never know what you may find)

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

106. Posted:

I just figured out that the "Game Over" screen actually has meaning. It can be translated in two ways:

a.) The game is over. You return to your life, CommanderVideo is free from the game. (Became Human/Transcendence Theory)
b.) What happens in retro video games when you get a Game Over? You start from the beginning with a fresh batch of new lives. (Endless Cycle/Reincarnation Theory)

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan