Forums

Topic: The Unofficial BIT.TRIP FATE Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 160

SuperMarioFan96

I'm having trouble on the boss too. I FINALLY managed to defeat his first phase but still haven't passed the second phase.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

theblackdragon

Boss 4 has a couple different patterns. for the one that appears while he's not opening his mouth and spitting flame, just keep a cool head and move down along the line toward the left-hand side of the screen, but be careful to dodge that one orange bit toward the bottom. The big cloud of bits he exhales along with the flame, stick toward the top of the line there and you'll see the gap you can get through no prob. There's another pattern while he's got his mouth open that's two big converging arcs of bits, i forget off the top of my head if you want to go from top down or bottom up for that one, but just keep a cool head and be careful. just aim at his eyes the whole time and do your best to stay alive until the third portion of the boss.

the third part is the easiest. Just shoot all the red eyeballs that come out of the sockets, dodge the beam, and keep firing. i swear i couldn't believe how easy that part of the boss was -- i'd been vacillating between Hyper and Nether throughout the first two thirds, but i believe i was back up to Ultra by the time I defeated him. holy crap, yo :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Odnetnin

Oh man I beat it! TBD you're a lifesaver! His fire-vomit attack becomes laughable once you mind the gap for the first time! I was a bit more hit or miss with your other advice, but it definitely improved my performance. I could scarcely believe my eyes when I bested form 1, and then 2, and man oh man 3 was so easy and awesome. I could cry right now. Thanks again.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

i honestly do not recall what that one looked like. refresh my memory? i'm not in a position to be playing at the moment :3

BEST THREAD EVER

SuperMarioFan96

I finally beat level 4. I was fully prepared to write a comment about how easy level 5 was as I played it.

And then I got to the boss.

The level sans boss was quite easy but once I reached the boss it was quite the challenge. And tbd, the boss is..... the one.... that..... you know.

It's really hard! Oh and it sends out several waves of beats in a row with certain openings that you kind of have to weave through..... yeah.....

My Backloggery

theblackdragon

oh! I know what you're talking about. You have to move quickly and maneuver around those waves of closely-spaced bits, and afterward don't hang around the upper portion of the line because you'll get hit by that damn beam. That boss has low defense, though, so he'll go down quick (compared to the Level 4 boss, anyway) if you're just patient and if you can get the hang of working your way around the aforementioned waves. :3

to be honest, the hardest part about that boss is getting to it at a decent level IMO.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Odnetnin

Good job on beating level 4 @SMF, I agree that level 5 is easy until the helicopter dude.
@TBD I got the closely-spaced beats bit down, it's that beam you're talking about that always gets me. I got to the boss in SUPER or something; I'll try for better right now. BRB.
EDIT: Well I got the boss down to less than half of his original health, but I got to him in EXTRA about two cores away from GIGA. In other words, I had almost the best possible starting mode and I still didn't even get close to beating him. Also, scratch me being able to dodge the closely-spaced beats, how do you do that again?

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

SuperMarioFan96

Wow, I pretty much can't dodge anything at all. Oh well, practice makes perfect I suppose.

My Backloggery

Paperclip

@Odnetin: The level five boss? If we're thinking about the same helicopter dude, I recall that one being an easier boss. You just keep shooting at him, and when he shoots the orange beats (the ones that go right where you are), you just go up or down the fate line depending on where you are. He shouldn't be able to shoot you fast enough even if you're firing back at him. If you do that, you should have no trouble. Just keep blasting him.

Oh, and I almost got a perfect on level one. I just got hit once about 3/4's through :C

Edited on by Paperclip

Check out my classy comics.

hylianhalcyon

I got to level 6 today. I tried it once and got obliterated by the boss, I'll have to really go at it tomorrow.

I'd have to say gameplay wise this is my favorite Bit.Trip(besides maybe Beat), I love the concept of literally being on rails. Also, Giga mode is beautiful.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Philip_J_Reed

Level four boss is slaying me. Overall...I think I'd rank this pretty low on my Bit.Trip scale. It's currently duking it out with Core for least-loved status. Which isn't to say it's bad (it's nowhere near bad...it's still a lot of fun), but I can't see myself choosing this over the other entries when all is said and done.

Also, one of the most difficult enemies is that Meat Boy powerup. I take so much damage trying to avoid picking it up.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kholdstare

I (personally) LOVE FATE!!! but ... CORE is still the best

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

theblackdragon

Kholdstare wrote:

I (personally) LOVE FATE!!! but ... CORE is still the best

You, sir, are a man after my own heart. I'd have to rank Fate just slightly above Runner in terms of the overall package -- the lack of super-cheap garbage-ball staircases is a major plus, though i prefer Runner's music and method of gameplay... but of course Core is still my favorite.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Philip_J_Reed

Odnetnin wrote:

@Chicken You really don't like it all that much (compared to the other BIT.TRIPs)? Interesting.

It's good, it's fun...I appreciate it...and it's always a pleasure seeing the series evolve...but the rhythm aspect of the game has been reduced to total passiveness. Void was extremely flexible about when you collected beats and shrunk, but that always felt like a sort of jazzy flourish...you're still playing the song, you just have a little more freedom to improvise. Here, the song just plays without you.

It makes it feel less like a Bit.Trip game in my eyes. To me, I guess the series was always about the music more than the visuals. (This may well be why I like Void the most.) Others might respond more to the atmospheric elements, or the abstract storyline. Which is fine; that's all there, and it's all worthy of our appreciation.

But to me, this seems like an enormous step back from Runner. It's a fun shooter, but it ain't gonna scratch my Bit.Trip itch.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.