WiiWare Forum

Topic: Anima: Ark of Sinners

Showing 21 to 40 of 79

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

21. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Just so you guys know, user 'Luchen' is in fact Mario Ferrer, CEO of Anima Game Studio. Be sure to keep that in mind when reading his review.

Makes sense all the other reviews and impressions have been pretty poor, his scores seemed ridiculously high by comparison, well that's off my to buy list that's for sure.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

22. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Just so you guys know, user 'Luchen' is in fact Mario Ferrer, CEO of Anima Game Studio. Be sure to keep that in mind when reading his review.

Good looking @theblackdragon

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

23. Posted:

@luchen: Lame.

y2josh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Omega

24. Posted:

@theblackdragon: Thanks for the warning! I really wanted to like the game in spite of everything. I possibly would have bought it even with only bad review scores. But this deceptive "marketing" turned me off! Sometimes it's good to have a watchdog around here, sorry I mean watchcat.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

25. Posted:

Omega wrote:

@theblackdragon: Thanks for the warning! I really wanted to like the game in spite of everything. I possibly would have bought it even with only bad review scores. But this deceptive "marketing" turned me off! Sometimes it's good to have a watchdog around here, sorry I mean watchcat.

You mean a watch dragon, much better.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thesignpainter

26. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Just so you guys know, user 'Luchen' is in fact Mario Ferrer, CEO of Anima Game Studio. Be sure to keep that in mind when reading his review.

how do you know that?

All the children try to run,
To him its part of the fun.
His branching arms are for collecting,
His face is empty of expressing.
He sometimes hums a lowly drone,
He will wander 'round your home.
Dressed in darkest suit and tie,
He won't let you say goodbye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

27. Posted:

That's awfully under handed of a game company to post a foney positive review in order to gain sales. I doubt even Stickmen studios would try to pull that crap. Even though they won't admit their games suck.
Well sorry Anima studios you're not getting any of my money.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

28. Posted:

thesignpainter wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Just so you guys know, user 'Luchen' is in fact Mario Ferrer, CEO of Anima Game Studio. Be sure to keep that in mind when reading his review.

how do you know that?

I have my ways. :3
If you're truly insistent upon proof, I can provide it if you'd like to contact us, but i'm not about to up and tell all the devs how i do my thing by making my methods public, lol

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

29. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Just so you guys know, user 'Luchen' is in fact Mario Ferrer, CEO of Anima Game Studio. Be sure to keep that in mind when reading his review.

Cool, then he knows everything about this game and can provide first-hand information! I think all developers should review their own games. Of course they need to admit they they were involved in the production of their games and don't act like they're just some consumers.

The CEO is just a human like everyone else. Biased, sure. But don't let this review or any other review speak for you. Play the games yourself and see if it really is a 5/10, or a 8/10 or maybe, MAYBE you like it even more than the developers of that game and give it a 9/10 or 10/10??? Who knows if you haven't played it yet??

@luchen: The main character of Ark of Sinners is the sexiest WiiWare character ever, and that's something for your record. Instead of posting reviews you should post some exclusive artwork of her. That would be much better advertisement! Thumbs up to the designers!

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

30. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Cool, then he knows everything about this game and can provide first-hand information! I think all developers should review their own games. Of course they need to admit they they were involved in the production of their games and don't act like they're just some consumers.

The CEO is just a human like everyone else. Biased, sure. But don't let this review or any other review speak for you. Play the games yourself and see if it really is a 5/10, or a 8/10 or maybe, MAYBE you like it even more than the developers of that game and give it a 9/10 or 10/10??? Who knows if you haven't played it yet??

By not explaining they where the developer they are being dishonest by trying to pass themselves off as just another nl user, I certainly wont be playing the game for myself there are plenty other great wiiware games out there to try, that didn't have somebody involved in the game trying to deceive a gaming forum, sure you can say there are far worse things going in the world but it doesn't take away that what they tried to pull was kinda unethical maybe, unworthy definitely.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

31. Posted:

Looks like we've got a repeat of what happened with Dive: the medes island secret. Although this doesn't seem quite as bad. I wonder if Luchen's thinking in his review was to give it a higher score than other reviewers but not too high so that it didn't seem too obvious. I was hoping this game would be really good but it since the only positive is from someone who made the game, I'm not sure if I will get it.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cegopa

32. Posted:

Omega wrote:

The reviews from Demon212 are usually objective and fact-based. He's never one to bash on a game, even one I completely despise. Now, has he turned evil? Or is this game really that bad?

On the other hand, like you said Link79, there are people in the comments saying that they have found almost no problems with the controls. Maybe Demon's controller is not functioning correctly?

I'm really interested to hear other opinions because I still think that the game looks good graphics-wise. After seeing the review even more.

Well, so much for objectivity and facts, this reviewer has blocked ALL users criticizing his review or praising the game. Those are facts for sure. Just for you all to know.

Hi all, trying not to be flamed and having my dog's picture posted by theblackdragon ;), I will tell you I'm from Valencia and I've collaborated with Anima. Not regarding tech or art works but other minor things as events, press releases, translations.... So, I'm biased about the game and I admit it, though please be clear I have no income pending on its sales other than maybe possible future projects with Anima.
As a tiny bit of my pro portfolio I want this game to do alright, and was gobsmacked by this review. I'm an old fashioned gamer (in the past quake saga I, II, III, some counter, UT, owned XBOX1 and PS2) and I don’t play much anymore so my opinion may be out of present gaming picture of Wii, but regardless of that and the games issues, I felt mistreated by the channel owner in YouTube and I think it’s unfair for people watching the review not to know what has happened.

Please excuse me if this is an intromission being somehow involved in the project.
Cheers.

cegopa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Omega

33. Posted:

Well, I don't know what to think about demon's review. But I would say it doesn't help the game when people who were involved in the project posting their own reviews, positive comments or defending the game like crazy. It may even turn some people off who would otherwise be interested in trying the game out.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

34. Posted:

cegopa wrote:

Omega wrote:

The reviews from Demon212 are usually objective and fact-based. He's never one to bash on a game, even one I completely despise. Now, has he turned evil? Or is this game really that bad?

On the other hand, like you said Link79, there are people in the comments saying that they have found almost no problems with the controls. Maybe Demon's controller is not functioning correctly?

I'm really interested to hear other opinions because I still think that the game looks good graphics-wise. After seeing the review even more.

Well, so much for objectivity and facts, this reviewer has blocked ALL users criticizing his review or praising the game. Those are facts for sure. Just for you all to know.

Hi all, trying not to be flamed and having my dog's picture posted by theblackdragon ;), I will tell you I'm from Valencia and I've collaborated with Anima. Not regarding tech or art works but other minor things as events, press releases, translations.... So, I'm biased about the game and I admit it, though please be clear I have no income pending on its sales other than maybe possible future projects with Anima.
As a tiny bit of my pro portfolio I want this game to do alright, and was gobsmacked by this review. I'm an old fashioned gamer (in the past quake saga I, II, III, some counter, UT, owned XBOX1 and PS2) and I don’t play much anymore so my opinion may be out of present gaming picture of Wii, but regardless of that and the games issues, I felt mistreated by the channel owner in YouTube and I think it’s unfair for people watching the review not to know what has happened.

Please excuse me if this is an intromission being somehow involved in the project.
Cheers.

Hello. It's not a secret that this particular person is a clueless amateur. His so-called reviews are rubbish. In that regard he can shake hands with the CEO. ;)
The only positive thing is that he buys almost any game when it is released and uploads videos of it, so we have first hands footage to watch.

I want to read more about Ark of Sinners before deciding to buy it though. You Spanish people tend to make some brutally difficult games, i.e. Chronos Twins DX and Robox or hopelessly glitchy ones like Family&Friends Party or Dive: The Medes Islands Secret. But if this is some new NyxQuest, I'm all over it.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

35. Posted:

I guess we'll have to see what Nintendolife says in their review. Then I'll make my final decision.
I had high hopes for the game too.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Omega

36. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

... But if this is some new NyxQuest, I'm all over it. ...

According to NintenDaan1 the game is pretty hard, even on easy. And he doesn't seem to enjoy it too much. (Look at the video description.)

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

37. Posted:

After watching that video and hearing all the negative impressions on that page, I doubt nintendolife's review will be positive. That game looks and sounds way too frustrating. Nintendaan wasn't even sure if it this or karatephants was more painful to play! How disappointing.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

38. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Cool, then he knows everything about this game and can provide first-hand information! I think all developers should review their own games. Of course they need to admit they they were involved in the production of their games and don't act like they're just some consumers.

exactly. we have no problems with devs posting at NL and interacting with our users — we welcome them to do so, in fact — but they need to be up-front about their affiliations if they're going to talk up their own games. :3

@cegopa: welcome to Nintendo Life! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Omega

39. Posted:

Here is another long gameplay video (14 minutes) of Ark of Sinners.
I don't know french and I can't translate the video description myself. This is what the google translator translates it to:

"Disappointing game in all respects, very low-end graphics, but lame story ... Especially ... Handling .... Horrible. And potentially very daunting. Too bad because I'm a fan of role-playing paper (MJ was for many years). With that, I go read the books:) (sorry worries encoding, the next time I'll be recording in a different format)"

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sneaker13

40. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

But if this is some new NyxQuest, I'm all over it.

That was I hoping, or something like LostWinds. But it don't even come close.

cegopa wrote:

Well, so much for objectivity and facts, this reviewer has blocked ALL users criticizing his review or praising the game. Those are facts for sure. Just for you all to know.

Hi all, trying not to be flamed and having my dog's picture posted by theblackdragon ;), I will tell you I'm from Valencia and I've collaborated with Anima. Not regarding tech or art works but other minor things as events, press releases, translations.... So, I'm biased about the game and I admit it, though please be clear I have no income pending on its sales other than maybe possible future projects with Anima.
As a tiny bit of my pro portfolio I want this game to do alright, and was gobsmacked by this review. I'm an old fashioned gamer (in the past quake saga I, II, III, some counter, UT, owned XBOX1 and PS2) and I don’t play much anymore so my opinion may be out of present gaming picture of Wii, but regardless of that and the games issues, I felt mistreated by the channel owner in YouTube and I think it’s unfair for people watching the review not to know what has happened.

Please excuse me if this is an intromission being somehow involved in the project.
Cheers.

I haven't followed the conclusion of the discussion he had with a tester in the comment section. But what I've followed was a bogus discussion and I can fully understand that when he get spammed by crew and messages like that he block them. I would do that myself as well if I was making video's. Nothing to do with him not being objective or not telling the facts. If someone is not objective, it are the makers itself. Luchen, proves that pretty well on page one.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker