Forums

Topic: 2000 Point WiiWare games - yay or nay?

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Bass_X0

If they're worth the money then yay. If My Life as a King / Darklord had 500 points of DLC already in the game unlocked but was sold for a minimum 2000 Points then I would still have gotten those two anyway. Likewise if The After Years cost 2000 points but included three additional chapters in the initial purchase instead of those same chapters being DLC then I wouldn't have minded that either. Those games were worth the money including the DLC.

If games can be sold for 2000 points then they better have enough content to justify it. There shouldn't be a cost limit on WiiWare games but they better well be worth the cost. However, 2000 points does seem expensive even if there is enough content in the game. I think more companies who wish to produce games worth more than 1500 points should release them at 1200 - 1500 points and then make the rest up in DLC even if they are features included in the full price expensive game. More people will download games that way even if they don't bother with the DLC.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

LordJumpMad

I hate DLC on Wiiware games.

There already in the game, but to unlock them, you have to pay for it.

If My Life as a Daklord was boring, still don't know why I pay DLC for that.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@JumpMad: hear, hear. I still haven't bothered to force myself through the extra episode i purchased... i probably should've known i wouldn't be a fan of tower defense games, though. lesson learned :3

regarding the original question, i don't mind 2000-point games being available so long as they're worth the price, and I do pay much more attention to reviews and stuff regarding higher-priced 'Ware than I maybe would for a 200 or 500 point game.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

I thoroughly enjoyed My Life As A Darklord, and I haven't paid one extra point since purchasing it from the Wii shop.

I don't think they could justify a 2000 point game considering the size limitations inherent in the WiiWare service. $20? That's almost a full retail release right there.

HolyMackerel

Xkhaoz

Probably not, but it depends on the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Punny

I will nay so much that I will start to sound like an obnoxious horse! I'm sorry, but 2000 Wii Point games are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive!

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

FonistofCruxis

As long as it's very rare. I would say no but it would be good for some games. For example, I'd rather pay 2000 points for all of FFIV: ther after years than have to pay for each chapter seperatley, resulting in a game that costs 3600 points for the full game.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000

World of Goo is worth a full game price and cost less than 2000 points. There's no excuse for a 2000 point game unless it's some epic long game or something.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

R_A_W

kkslider5552000 wrote:

World of Goo is worth a full game price and cost less than 2000 points. There's no excuse for a 2000 point game unless it's some epic long game or something.

I concur whole heartedly-- it better be d%#m good for 2000 pts. btw I will try world of goo.

S.S.B.B.-1892-6052-2647 wii console-7267-6436-9520-7591
toribash-378-238-465-653
"Hiyabushi will never frown on anyone. He is fresh-faced and ready to dismember you at a moments notice"

Odnetnin

Yeah I find that price is often irrelevant to game quality on WiiWare: take BIT.TRIP BEAT (600) and BIT.TRIP RUNNER (800) for instance. Two of the best games on the service, but cheap as can be. Cave Story (1200) and World of Goo (1500), however, are in the same league in terms of awesomeness, but are on the high-end of the WiiWare price spectrum.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

I'm okay with it only if they can stick in enough high quality replay value into the 40 MB alotted.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

benanen

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

I'm okay with it only if they can stick in enough high quality replay value into the 40 MB alotted.

I think they'd have increase the size limit to make 2k worth it. Unless it was sold on the premise that it was half a game at 1k, with the other half in DLC.

My Games, Friend codes - My Backloggery

Kingbuilder

Maybe, only if it was a quality GCN game...

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

WesFX

Depends on the content, I suppose. If the content and development cost is really there to warrant a 2000 point price, then maybe I'd go for it.

But if the development cost makes it cost that much for the consumer, and you planned/made all that content, then it's really more sensible to make it a retail product.

WesFX

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.