Forums

Topic: Wii U promotion (July 22-July 28, 2013). Screwed by Nintendo.

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

yvanjean

Just got an e-mail from Nintendo, I added 100$ when I heard of the promotion.

But today Nintendo only sent me a credit for $5, I've already e-mail Nintendo about this issue.

As anyone else got the same thing?

yvanjean

Pingouinqc

Same here. Added 100$ from eshop and I just received 5$ instead of 10. How did you contact them?

Pingouinqc

Edwicket

Sorry to hear that guys. I added exactly $100.00 and received my code for $10 today. Did you add the $100 in one lump sum? Or smaller amounts totaling $100?

Edwicket

SamuraiShyGuy

I added $100 in one lump sum and I received the full $10 credit.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

yvanjean

Ok just received another email from nintendo.... They said sorry we've made a mistake and sent me a second $5 card. I got respond in less then 5 hours not bad!

yvanjean

Pingouinqc

I received another automated message giving me a second 5$ code. Yeah!

"To receive your full $10 credit, please enter the $5 code below and the $5 code we sent you in a previous email. Thank you again for taking part in our special Wii U™ promotion."

Pingouinqc

DudeSean

That's kind of a weird deal, isn't it? You give them $100 and they give you $10 worth of credit? I mean, if you're happy with it, then that's cool. But I'm not going to spend $100 for $10.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Edwicket

DudeSean wrote:

That's kind of a weird deal, isn't it? You give them $100 and they give you $10 worth of credit? I mean, if you're happy with it, then that's cool. But I'm not going to spend $100 for $10.

Well it makes sense if you already know that you're going to spend that much. For example I'm going to buy Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong later this year. I was going to buy them promotion or no promotion. So for me it's like getting $10 for free.

Edwicket

DELETE_ACCOUNT

I don't understand why people can't figure out the benefit of this deal if you're already going to spend 100$ on the eshop.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Edwicket

Samurairu wrote:

I don't understand why people can't figure out the benefit of this deal if you're already going to spend 100$ on the eshop.

I can think of one good reason why someone wouldn't want to do this promotion even if they were going to spend $100:

If there is too long a time period between the time you have to add the funds (July) and the time when you actually buy the games. Let's say you're not planning on getting anything until November or December (Donkey Kong or Mario 3D World). You'd have your $100 just sitting in your eShop balance for several months when it might have been wiser to keep the money for bills, groceries, etc.

Edwicket

kingston589

Eww i dont like downloading games when i have the choice to get disks or carts.

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Edwin wrote:

Samurairu wrote:

I can think of one good reason why someone wouldn't want to do this promotion even if they were going to spend $100:

If there is too long a time period between the time you have to add the funds (July) and the time when you actually buy the games. Let's say you're not planning on getting anything until November or December (Donkey Kong or Mario 3D World). You'd have your $100 just sitting in your eShop balance for several months when it might have been wiser to keep the money for bills, groceries, etc.

I hear what you're saying, but that's a 10% return on your money in a few months and my way of thinking is I can't get that elsewhere.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

DePapier

yvanjean wrote:

Ok just received another email from nintendo.... They said sorry we've made a mistake and sent me a second $5 card. I got respond in less then 5 hours not bad!

I guess problem solved. You might want to put "(Un-)" before that "Screwed by Nintendo" in your title. I think it deserves to be known that just as much as Nintendo screwed you, they did also "unscrew" you for that matter.

DudeSean

Edwin wrote:

That's my reason exactly as to why I'm not doing it. Plus, when it comes to retail games, I can get them up to $10 less at vidcycle.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DarkEdi

How much time do we have to get this promotion?

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

theblackdragon

so you guys saying you were 'screwed', am i reading you correctly in that you have been made whole now? has Nintendo fixed the problem? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Edwicket

DarkEdi wrote:

How much time do we have to get this promotion?

No time, I'm afraid. It ended on July 28.

@theblackdragon

Yes it looks like everyone has been made whole.

Edited on by Edwicket

Edwicket

Bass_X0

kingston589 wrote:

I'm kinda the same but only because its normally cheaper to buy a disc or a cart game than it is to download it.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

DefHalan

Bass_X0 wrote:

kingston589 wrote:

I'm kinda the same but only because its normally cheaper to buy a disc or a cart game than it is to download it.

The only reason I get disks is because of the limited Hard Drive space

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.