Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Wii U promotion (July 22-July 28, 2013). Screwed by Nintendo.

Showing 1 to 19 of 19

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yvanjean

1. Posted:

Just got an e-mail from Nintendo, I added 100$ when I heard of the promotion.

But today Nintendo only sent me a credit for $5, I've already e-mail Nintendo about this issue.

As anyone else got the same thing?

yvanjean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pingouinqc

2. Posted:

Same here. Added 100$ from eshop and I just received 5$ instead of 10. How did you contact them?

Pingouinqc

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

3. Posted:

Sorry to hear that guys. I added exactly $100.00 and received my code for $10 today. Did you add the $100 in one lump sum? Or smaller amounts totaling $100?

Edwin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SamuraiShyGuy

4. Posted:

I added $100 in one lump sum and I received the full $10 credit.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yvanjean

5. Posted:

Ok just received another email from nintendo.... They said sorry we've made a mistake and sent me a second $5 card. I got respond in less then 5 hours not bad!

yvanjean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pingouinqc

6. Posted:

I received another automated message giving me a second 5$ code. Yeah!

"To receive your full $10 credit, please enter the $5 code below and the $5 code we sent you in a previous email. Thank you again for taking part in our special Wii U™ promotion."

Pingouinqc

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

7. Posted:

That's kind of a weird deal, isn't it? You give them $100 and they give you $10 worth of credit? I mean, if you're happy with it, then that's cool. But I'm not going to spend $100 for $10.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

8. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

That's kind of a weird deal, isn't it? You give them $100 and they give you $10 worth of credit? I mean, if you're happy with it, then that's cool. But I'm not going to spend $100 for $10.

Well it makes sense if you already know that you're going to spend that much. For example I'm going to buy Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong later this year. I was going to buy them promotion or no promotion. So for me it's like getting $10 for free.

Edwin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samurairu

9. Posted:

I don't understand why people can't figure out the benefit of this deal if you're already going to spend 100$ on the eshop.

Samurairu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

10. Posted:

Samurairu wrote:

I don't understand why people can't figure out the benefit of this deal if you're already going to spend 100$ on the eshop.

I can think of one good reason why someone wouldn't want to do this promotion even if they were going to spend $100:

If there is too long a time period between the time you have to add the funds (July) and the time when you actually buy the games. Let's say you're not planning on getting anything until November or December (Donkey Kong or Mario 3D World). You'd have your $100 just sitting in your eShop balance for several months when it might have been wiser to keep the money for bills, groceries, etc.

Edwin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kingston589

11. Posted:

Eww i dont like downloading games when i have the choice to get disks or carts.

600+ games and counting.

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589 | Twitter: JohnGorrell

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samurairu

12. Posted:

Edwin wrote:

Samurairu wrote:

I don't understand why people can't figure out the benefit of this deal if you're already going to spend 100$ on the eshop.

I can think of one good reason why someone wouldn't want to do this promotion even if they were going to spend $100:

If there is too long a time period between the time you have to add the funds (July) and the time when you actually buy the games. Let's say you're not planning on getting anything until November or December (Donkey Kong or Mario 3D World). You'd have your $100 just sitting in your eShop balance for several months when it might have been wiser to keep the money for bills, groceries, etc.

I hear what you're saying, but that's a 10% return on your money in a few months and my way of thinking is I can't get that elsewhere.

Samurairu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DePapier

13. Posted:

yvanjean wrote:

Ok just received another email from nintendo.... They said sorry we've made a mistake and sent me a second $5 card. I got respond in less then 5 hours not bad!

I guess problem solved. You might want to put "(Un-)" before that "Screwed by Nintendo" in your title. I think it deserves to be known that just as much as Nintendo screwed you, they did also "unscrew" you for that matter. :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

14. Posted:

Edwin wrote:

I can think of one good reason why someone wouldn't want to do this promotion even if they were going to spend $100:

If there is too long a time period between the time you have to add the funds (July) and the time when you actually buy the games. Let's say you're not planning on getting anything until November or December (Donkey Kong or Mario 3D World). You'd have your $100 just sitting in your eShop balance for several months when it might have been wiser to keep the money for bills, groceries, etc.

That's my reason exactly as to why I'm not doing it. Plus, when it comes to retail games, I can get them up to $10 less at vidcycle.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

15. Posted:

How much time do we have to get this promotion?

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

16. Posted:

so you guys saying you were 'screwed', am i reading you correctly in that you have been made whole now? has Nintendo fixed the problem? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

17. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

How much time do we have to get this promotion?

No time, I'm afraid. It ended on July 28.

@theblackdragon

Yes it looks like everyone has been made whole.

Edited on by Edwin

Edwin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

18. Posted:

kingston589 wrote:

Eww i dont like downloading games when i have the choice to get disks or carts.

I'm kinda the same but only because its normally cheaper to buy a disc or a cart game than it is to download it.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

19. Posted:

Bass_X0 wrote:

kingston589 wrote:

Eww i dont like downloading games when i have the choice to get disks or carts.

I'm kinda the same but only because its normally cheaper to buy a disc or a cart game than it is to download it.

The only reason I get disks is because of the limited Hard Drive space

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan