Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 423

ultraraichu

@Xyphon22: Never got chance to say thank you so much for the reply, even though it's almost a month overdue on my part. The no Gamepad sound killed it for me since I wanted a nice RPG game to play while watching TV, but hearing that it's still fun overall keep me interested. I think I might get it on the next sale if it ever happens again. It's good to know what to expect.

Now I can finally close the question I have on Miiverse about this. Opened for almost a month (the only post in discussion) and no reply. I'm free, well more or less

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Cliverz

Hi folks! Looking for either a good 2D action-adventurey type game in the vein of Metroid Zero Mission, Shadow Complex, that type of thing. That- or just a solid 2D retro-ish game, with tight controls, fun enemies and weapons, and good boss fights.
Thanks!

Cliverz

Storytime7

@Cliverz: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and SteamWorld Dig sound up your alley if you're looking for something like Metroid. For 2D platformers in general, Shovel Knight is also worth playing.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Cliverz

Okay, thanks! I've looked at em all, and only Shantae seems interesting to me... but its mighty expensive. I hear Elliot Quest is good, might try that.
Anything like Faxanadu on the eshop/VC? Really loved that game's progression, sense of place, and art style. Dat armor sprite though.

Cliverz

Blue_Blur

I'm thinking about getting Freedom Planet. It looks fun to me, but I have a couple of questions:

1) How long is the game?
2) Is there a lot of replay value?
3) How many different playable characters are there, and can you pick which one to be right away, or do you have to unlock them?
4) Would you say it's worth the price?
5) How would you rate the game from 1-10? (1 is low and 10 is high).

This might be a silly question, but is the demo for this game still downloadable? I've recently looked, but couldn't find it. I would love to play the demo, since that's the best way to see if you like a game or not.

Thanks in advance!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

jariw

Tops wrote:

The next couple games I'm looking to download are Nova-111 and The Swindle. Anyone have any general opinions on either?

I'm playing through Nova-111 right now (I'm currently at 61% in the main game). It's an fun twist on turn based puzzles, since it mixes it with real-time elements. The Wii U implementation is very good, as all Curve Studio's products are. The levels of the first world is like a tutorial, and the really fun puzzles start in the second world (at around 30%). Sam Robinson (who was the level designer of Stealth Inc. 2) is co-designer for the puzzles in Nova-111, and that shows. If you like puzzle games, it's a solid game.

I've bought The Swindle as well, but haven't played it yet.

jariw

Linkus

Cliverz wrote:

Hi folks! Looking for either a good 2D action-adventurey type game in the vein of Metroid Zero Mission, Shadow Complex, that type of thing. That- or just a solid 2D retro-ish game, with tight controls, fun enemies and weapons, and good boss fights.
Thanks!

Then you should check out Castlevania aria of sorrow on virtual console (gba) I highly recommend it and it's got good bossfights! It's the third game in a trilogy, haven't played the other two but I have only heard good things about them!

Linkus

soma

Hey guys, I'm interested in a couple of games that are on sale, but I have only money for 2.
Which do you think are the two best options?

-Little Inferno
-Child of Light
-Scram Kitty (looks surprisingly fun!)
-Chariot
-Never Alone

soma

spizzamarozzi

@soma: Scram Kitty is phenomenal, as long as you go into the effort of getting used to the controls (which should take about 10 minutes). I couldn't recommend it enough.
Little Inferno is good but it's not a videogame in the proper sense of the word - it's a charade thingy based on deduction. It's great if you're in a contemplative mood (especially during the winter season) but it doesn't require any action at all.
Chariot, I've never played it but apparently is great, especially if you can play co-op. Can't wait for it to be on sale in Europe.
Child of Light, I've played for like half a hour and got bored and moved on but everybody else seems to love it so I must go back to it someday. I thought it was sooooo slow.
Never Alone, I don't know but I heard it's not really good.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

soma

@spizzamarozzi:

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I loved the trailer of Scram Kitty, looked so fun. It looks this one is a must. Still undecided about the others. Chariot trailer didn't convince me too much, and I'm not surprised about Child of Light, for me Ubisoft is a company that makes amazing graphics and animations but lack in the gameplay department. Although a lot of people seem to love the game so I don't know.

Thanks for input, hopefully someone can give his/her opinion of Never Alone. I know about the control problems but still would like to know if someone enjoyed it or recommend it.

Thanks!

soma

SKTTR

I like Never Alone. I completed it alone and then again in co-op with a friend. It doesn't really feel like a platformer, the controls remind me of certain "sidescrolling" action adventures, like The Cave, Flashback, Another World, classic Prince of Persia etc.

Priorities are Scram Kitty and Little Inferno though. Fantastic games!

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

soma

@SKTTR:

I ended up buying Scram Kitty and Child of Light but I'll keep an eye on Never Alone if there's a discount in the future. It definitely looks something I may enjoy, specially because of the multiplayer.

Thanks!

soma

Oubie

Hi there Koopalings, I was wondering if there are fans of Swords & Soldiers II and Freedom Planet and get your thoughts on those two eShop games. I recently bought S&S II and i'm loving it so far.

Greetings,
Your fellow Koopaling!

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

SKTTR

Here's a list of eShop games on my radar. Which ones should I get next? Which ones should I avoid?

• How to Survive
  • Alphadia Genesis
  • Chariot
  • Beatbuddy
  • The Bridge
  • Year Walk
  • The Quiet Collection
  • Whispering Willows
  • The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  • Electronic Super Joy

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

jariw

SKTTR wrote:

Here's a list of eShop games on my radar. Which ones should I get next? Which ones should I avoid?

• How to Survive
  • Alphadia Genesis
  • Chariot
  • Beatbuddy
  • The Bridge
  • Year Walk
  • The Quiet Collection
  • Whispering Willows
  • The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  • Electronic Super Joy

From your list, I got Chariot, The Bridge, Year Walk, Electronic Super Joy. (I have stayed away from How to Survive and Beatbuddy based on the reviews.)

Of the 4 games I own:

• Chariot is a good couch co-op game and quite ok in single player as well, with good presentation. However, the development of new ideas in the levels is slow.
  • The Bridge is a very different puzzle game, since you need to something else than ordinary 2D/3D approaches. The Gamepad implementation is very good, with use of the gyro.
  • The Year Walk is a scary/spooky tale. Excellent Gamepad use! I double-dipped on this one, although I already had it on the iPad. The Gamepad use and the big TV screen enhances the mood quite a lot!
  • Electronic Super Joy is super difficult challenging but very fun to play! You need to time each jump exactly right, otherwise you'll die. The respawn points are very frequent on each level and you respawn fast, however. I encountered a bug at one time in this game (where the sound wouldn't stop and new music was put above the previous music track, and for each death the game got slower and slower).

Oubie wrote:

Hi there Koopalings, I was wondering if there are fans of Swords & Soldiers II and Freedom Planet and get your thoughts on those two eShop games. I recently bought S&S II and i'm loving it so far.

I got these. My only complaints regarding Sword & Soldiers II is that it's a bit too similar to the first game (which I got HD in the remake). It's very much a direct sequel.

Freedom Planet is a very nice 16-bit old-school Sonic clone, but the levels are too long for my taste.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

LadyCharlie

So I’m looking for a nice, flashy, fast twin-stick shooter on the Wii U. (Co-op is a must)

I bought Ultratron, but I didn’t like the stop/start gameplay. I don’t like that I’m taken to a menu after playing each stage, I just wanna mow down wave, after wave after wave of baddies.

I tried a demo of Nano Assault Neo, but it felt a bit too lacking for me to spend the $10. It was kinda like a replication of Super Stardust.

Xtype looks okay, but the presentation of it is so bland and boring lookin’.

Are there any others out there worth the money? (Co-op required)

Edited on by LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

jariw

CharlieSmile wrote:

So I’m looking for a nice, flashy, fast twin-stick shooter on the Wii U. (Co-op is a must)

I bought Ultratron, but I didn’t like the stop/start gameplay. I don’t like that I’m taken to a menu after playing each stage, I just wanna mow down wave, after wave after wave of baddies.

I tried a demo of Nano Assault Neo, but it felt a bit too lacking for me to spend the $10. It was kinda like a replication of Super Stardust.

Xtype looks okay, but the presentation of it is so bland and boring lookin’.

Are there any others out there worth the money? (Co-op required)

I think the ones you list are the current best options. IMO, XType+ is a better shooter game than Nano Assault Neo.

There are 2 other titles arriving soon (Q1 2016 is the target window for both, AFAIK), which might be more what you're looking for: "Aperion Cyberstorm" and "Assault Android Cactus"

jariw

veeflames

I'm loving Stealth Inc. 2. Can't wait to play more of it.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tasuki

So I picked up Fast Racing Neo for 15 dollars problem is I had to get a 20 dollar card which means I have 5 dollars left. Any suggestions?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jariw

Tasuki wrote:

So I picked up Fast Racing Neo for 15 dollars problem is I had to get a 20 dollar card which means I have 5 dollars left. Any suggestions?

I don't know exactly what kind of Holiday discounts that the NoA eShop has at the moment, but in general I would recommend most games and ports made by CurveDigital.
Is OlliOlli is available for $4.99? If so, that game is well worth it, if you haven't it on other platforms.

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I'm loving Stealth Inc. Can't wait to play more of it.

Yepp, Stealth Inc. 2 is fantastic. One of the few indie puzzlers where I've been obsessed to find all secret levels.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic