Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 423

gcunit

I really like Bit-Trip Runner 2 - it's all about practice, focus, composure. I've only completed the first World though so far. I started the second world and it didn't really seem to progress from the first much so after playing it non-stop for a few days I took a break and haven't gone back to it yet.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DefHalan

All Wii U and 3DS Nicalis games are 50% off now

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm tempted to get Yumi's Odd Odyssey and Hometown Story since they're both on sale right now. Anybody got any feedback on them?

Both are on the 3DS not Wii U:p

Not played Hometown Story but Yumi's Odd Odyssey (or it's unpronounceable/spellable name in the UK) is really good, solid platformer but the aesthetics can be a bit bland so I if I was you I'd watch a vid of it first to see if you like the way it looks or not. I'd also say whilst it is good it's not worth the full asking price so only get it on a sale.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

brooks83

It looks like Stone Shire is now on sale in NA for $3.99. Would anyone recommend it at that price? To anyone who owns this and Survival Island, which do you prefer?

brooks83

SKTTR

@brooks83 From what I've seen Stone Shire needs a huge update to be on the same level as Cube Life.

Cube Life: Island Survival is a full game already, contentwise worth its relatively low launch sale price.
In comparison Stone Shire looks rushed and unfinished, and empty, missing even the most basic features.

I think the competition between those games, and the promising unique updates could make them equal in the end,
but I assume that (at least for the next few months) Cube Life is the Minecraft clone for Wii U people will be happier with.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ultraraichu

I was thinking about getting Ittle Dew while it's still 50% off, but I heard there was a bug in the game that mute audio on the GamePad. I heard they fixed it the release for EU last year, but have they patch it in the NA version at anytime? I search everywhere but it's like no one has the answer for this question, or at least in this year.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

jump

ultraraichu wrote:

I was thinking about getting Ittle Dew while it's still 50% off, but I heard there was a bug in the game that mute audio on the GamePad. I heard they fixed it the release for EU last year, but have they patch it in the NA version at anytime? I search everywhere but it's like no one has the answer for this question, or at least in this year.

Someone has said it's got patch but I'm not sure if it related to US or EU but I doubt they would just release a patch for one region.

I'm tempted by Dew too but I've got enough games to play at the moment, it does look good tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

ultraraichu wrote:

I just got Ittle Dew on the sale and audio does not come out of the Gamepad. It's pretty sad because I usually only find time to play games at night when my family has gone to bed and I like to use headphones on the Gamepad to keep from waking people up, and I can't do that with this game. Still a pretty fun game, though, especially for only $5.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

spizzamarozzi

@scubydo: as far as RPGs go, I think @SKTTR recommended and rated pretty highly both Squid Odyssey and Citizens of Earth.
If you're looking for lengthy games, the ones I put more hours into were Cloudberry Kingdom (platformer - 30 hours), Stealth Inc. 2 (gadget-based action/adventure - 21 hours) and OlliOlli (self-scrolling skating - 20 hours).

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

SKTTR

spizzamarozzi wrote:

@scubydo: as far as RPGs go, I think @SKTTR recommended and rated pretty highly both Squid Odyssey and Citizens of Earth.
If you're looking for lengthy games, the ones I put more hours into were Cloudberry Kingdom (platformer - 30 hours), Stealth Inc. 2 (gadget-based action/adventure - 21 hours) and OlliOlli (self-scrolling skating - 20 hours).

That's right. I enjoyed both Citizens of Earth and Squids Odyssey very much and thought there were excellent value for their money. UnEpic too. Clocked 30-40 hours in each of them.

If you want good classic RPGs on Wii U you can try EarthBound, Xenoblade Chronicles, Paper Mario, and the Fire Emblem games.

As for more eShop RPGs I'm currently waiting for the update on Elliot Quest so I can make progress on that one. So far it's good but currently it's got some serious bugs. After that I wanna try either Alphadia Genesis or Pier Solar, both of which I skipped at launch because I had no time to play more big RPGs.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

DeadAntelopesGo

Hey, so I didn't think it warranted creating it's own forum page so I'll post it here. I just found a document on my computer called "unclaimed humble bundle codes". They are leftover from the eshop bundle a while back, I must've already owned these games. Unfortunately I didn't label what the corresponding game was for each code. Sooo if anybody wants a grab-bag free game, here ya go. (I know one is Bit Trip Runner 2). To stay on topic I guess, I recommend Runner 2; fantastic game.

WII U

A08LD88N2HM0P495 (maybe Runner 2?)

A08L3WJM02U9CAUA (possibly Runner 2?)

3DS

A08LBF4A34VDXVBP (not Runner 2.)

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

Dezzy

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Anyone know of any good Wii U e-shop titles to download? Going for cartoony, funny, kiddy games etc. Barbie, SpongeBob etc that sort lol.

Thank you in advance!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Maybe something from Wayforward? Most of their games are cartoony and fun whilst also having good gameplay. So either Mighty Switch Force, Shantae or Ducktales?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@Barbiegurl777

Try Mighty Switch Force 2 instead if you want to save money. I think it's $6. (and no, I don't think there are set schedules for when they go on sale. I think it's just down to the developers's whims)

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

I'm really liking Shantae too. More expensive but it is a fairly lengthy game. It has that great metroidvania quality of getting better the longer you play (because of the abilities and tools you acquire).

Tasuki

@Barbiegurl777: Capcom will be having a sale here in a few days on eshop games. Ducktales might be a part of that sale since it's a Capcom game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

St_Tingle

DeadAntelopesGo wrote:

Hey, so I didn't think it warranted creating it's own forum page so I'll post it here. I just found a document on my computer called "unclaimed humble bundle codes". They are leftover from the eshop bundle a while back, I must've already owned these games. Unfortunately I didn't label what the corresponding game was for each code. Sooo if anybody wants a grab-bag free game, here ya go. (I know one is Bit Trip Runner 2). To stay on topic I guess, I recommend Runner 2; fantastic game.

WII U

A08LD88N2HM0P495 (maybe Runner 2?)

A08L3WJM02U9CAUA (possibly Runner 2?)

3DS

A08LBF4A34VDXVBP (not Runner 2.)

OMG. I am excited beyond belief! I've been wanting to play Runner2 for the longest time, but wasn't sure if I wanted to spent $15 on it. The 3DS download code was also for Gunman Clive, another title I've been incredibly eager to play.

I appreciate the codes so much!

Nintendo Network ID: wowzatim93.

Wii U owner. Top 6 games for system: Splatoon, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and Pikmin 3.
Eagerly anticipating: Zelda U and the hopeful announcements of Animal Crossing U and Paper Mario U.

Tasuki

@Barbiegurl777: Not a problem. Yeah I got it for the 15 dollar price tag but I couldn't resist since the original was one of my favorites growing up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic