Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 423

SCRAPPER392

Ok, but my question includes getting at least 2 games. So if I get Swords and Soldiers HD, what other $1-15 game(s) should I get? Or if I get TNT Racers, what other game(s) should I get? Also, ya, local multiplayer is a big deal for me.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

arnoldlayne83

SCAR392 wrote:

Ok, but my question includes getting at least 2 games. So if I get Swords and Soldiers HD, what other $1-15 game(s) should I get? Or if I get TNT Racers, what other game(s) should I get? Also, ya, local multiplayer is a big deal for me.

I don't know if will fit your budget, but lately I am having a blast with Tnt racer, which I enjoy both solo and on local multi, and Pullbox world, which is an Intelligent System title (same as fire emblem)... a goddam platformer/puzzle potentially infinite (u can download creations from users and u also got an editor), very clever and funny, to play, is only solo, but I actually enjoy to play it with my girlfriend, working together to find a solution... if you didn0t play the 3ds version, is actually great, if you had, it seems you can import puzzle from both version into the other, but on that I am not 100% sure... anyway I think is a good investment (great playing time over money)....

Other games I would suggest you is Child of Light, Trine 2 (great, but I guess you already have it), Nano Assault Neo (shoot'em up with great graphics, u can play coop), Stick it to the Man (marvellous adventure, made me go back to the magical era of Monkey Island and co.).

On a general scale and from my personal experience, I would stick to the "more expensive" games.... the cheap ones (not talking about occasional discounts here) are often "mobilish" games, so you could be a bit disappointed by them...

The only cheap one that I found they were a blast have been Toki Tori 2, Rush and Cube (the last one is an amazing platformer, with a great soundtrack if you like electronic/ chiptune music)...

uh also castlestorm is great, tower defence with a bit of action, u have campaign mode, mission mode, local multi and internet multi...

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

SCRAPPER392

@arnoldlayne83
Thanks. I really appreciate the recs. The only games I don't have that you recommended are TNT Racers, Trine 2, and Castlestorm. I always get tempted to buy Trine 2, but I REALLY wish it was 60FPS like I know it can be, and I actually had it on PS3 for a while and wasn't really that interested. I get what you mean about the mobile games. A few of them look ok. It's just really appealing to buy them, because they are on a big screen, now, but I've been holding off for the multiplayer indie games. This is mainly a "just in case" recommendation. Thanks again.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Falchion

I am looking for a cheap game for the wii u. I am thinking about either Splinter Cell, Monster Hunter 3, Wonderful 101 or Deus Ex. What do u guys recomend?

Falchion

kkslider5552000

Deus Ex or Wonderful 101.

It depends on whether sci-fi semi-non-linear stealth-shooter gaming or over-the-top Japanese action gaming is your thing

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Falchion

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Deus Ex or Wonderful 101.

It depends on whether sci-fi semi-non-linear stealth-shooter gaming or over-the-top Japanese action gaming is your thing

I do like over the top japanese gameplay but i tried the wonderful 101 demo and despised it. But i could see how that didnt represent the game. Though first person shooters usually arent my favorite type of game either...

Falchion

DarkCoolEdge

Falchion wrote:

I am looking for a cheap game for the wii u. I am thinking about either Splinter Cell, Monster Hunter 3, Wonderful 101 or Deus Ex. What do u guys recomend?

I have both and I prefer The Wonderful without a doubt. I don't like Deus Ex's controls and Pltinum's game is very fun and intense. I got it as my MK8 gift and I enjoyed it a lot, even more than MK.

Splinter Cell is great too.

If what you want is hundreds of hours out of one game, go for MH. It's not that the others are short but that MH takes hundreds of hours to complete.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

DarkCoolEdge

I finished Child of Light and... meh. Except for the graphics and sound it doesn't deliver on any level: gameplay, story, puzzles, role-playing...

I'm two for two in eShop disappointments. This one and DuckTales didn't live up to my expectations. They're not bad games but they aren't remarkable either (gameplay-wise).

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

While it's occasionally limited by being a downloadable title, for the most part I felt it had one of the the best turned based combat systems out there.

OrangeCluster

With less than 24 hours left I need help to decide whether I should buy Trine 2, Giana Sisters, both or none of them.

OrangeCluster

Justlink

Trine 2

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

DefHalan

Capcom Sale Prices
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $15.99 (was $39.99)
DuckTales: Remastered - $7.40 (was $14.99)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $6.75 (was $14.99)
Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 (was $49.99)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $4.99 (was $7.99)
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - $4.99 (was $7.99)
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting - $4.99 (was $7.99)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - $4.99 ( was $7.99)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Can't decide if I should get RE Revelations on Wii U or 3DS. Also Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is tempting

16bitdave

Since Wild Guns is coming out I suggest that. Can't wait!

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

WiiWareWave

I've been thinking about downloading Mario Tennis (GBA) for the Wii U VC, but I'm not a huge Tennis fan, however I do like sports games with RPG elements, so how important are the roleplaying elements in this game? Is this game primarily an RPG with sports elements or are both parts equally important? Thanks in advance!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MasterWario

I'm trying to decide if I should get The Minish Cap or A Link to the Past on the current sale...
I'm leaning towards ALttP because it's longer and harder, but I've played ALttP before (although I didn't beat it) and I've never played The Minish Cap.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

kkslider5552000

Minish Cap is my 2nd favorite 2D Zelda (behind Link's Awakening) and tbh, it's at least as long as ALTTP.

MasterWario

Oh lol I totally forgot about the Wii U VC forum. XD My bad peeps.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

HeroOfCybertron

I was interested in Pokemon Rumble U but didn't really want to pay $18 for it and now that it's on sale for $11 I'm thinking getting it, though I heard that it doesn't have levels too go through and towns either (which I liked in the previous ones) and just has arenas. So is Rumble U worth it for $11?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

DefHalan

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

I was interested in Pokemon Rumble U but didn't really want to pay $18 for it and now that it's on sale for $11 I'm thinking getting it, though I heard that it doesn't have levels too go through and towns either (which I liked in the previous ones) and just has arenas. So is Rumble U worth it for $11?

I personally enjoy it. I would say it is worth it especially for quick multiplayer co-op stuff. I found 1 figure but probably won't be able to get another ever

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic