Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 423

SKTTR

liavcol wrote:

Can you tell me what are the difficult and frustrating games you've played? So I'll know to avoid them...

When it comes to completing a hard game, then the frustration crown on the Wii U eShop goes to Giana Sisters. That's the one game I never even beat. Last boss is insane, doesn't help that you need to restart the whole final level and collect everything again if you give up on the boss. I'm not talking about the hardcore challenges, or even the Überhardcore Challenge. I'm talking about the normal mode on normal difficulty.

I'm also not that much into Mighty Switch Force!'s speedrunning challenges. The brutal time limits, especially in puzzle/labyrinth levels with timing and pixel perfect shooting were starting to kill me slowly.

Finally Chasing Aurora in single player ... getting three stars in the levels... Early on, one mistake, sliding off the analog stick and you can restart. Especially frustrating in levels with random hazards like falling rocks, blowing wind, and lightning. However, it should be considered for multiplayer only anyway.

The final world of Cloudberry Kingdom made me quit too, but that one was advertised as one of the hardest platformers ever, so it's ok I guess.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

rolLTheDice

@SKTTR" rel="nofollow">@SKTTR wrote:

I'm also not that much into Mighty Switch Force!'s speedrunning challenges. The brutal time limits, especially in puzzle/labyrinth levels with timing and pixel perfect shooting were starting to kill me slowly.

Did you also play the 3DS version? If so is it harder in the Wii U version?
I played the two Mighty Switch Force games on my 3DS and while challenging enough i didn't really have a huge problem with getting the par times using the normal weapon only.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

SKTTR

LeasTwanteD wrote:

I played the two Mighty Switch Force games on my 3DS and while challenging enough i didn't really have a huge problem with getting the par times using the normal weapon only.

Yes I have it on 3DS too.
It's hard to say. On one hand the bigger screen on the Wii U makes this game easier (increased view for better pathfinding and enemy sniping)
But on the other hand the Wii U version has additional content (extra hard stages) so it's anyone's guess.

DefHalan

I have $20 from the digital deluxe promotion and Mario Kart 8 + free game.

I have a few options to get things:

Group 1
Super Luigi U DLC

Group 2
Child of Light
Swords & Soldiers HD
Block Drop U

Group 3
Ittle Dew
Stick it to The Man

Group 4
Knytt Underground
Gravity Badgers
Swords & Soldiers HD

I am also open to suggestions. What do you guys think?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

I have $20 from the digital deluxe promotion and Mario Kart 8 + free game.

I have a few options to get things:

Group 1
Super Luigi U DLC

Group 2
Child of Light
Swords & Soldiers HD
Block Drop U

Group 3
Ittle Dew
Stick it to The Man

Group 4
Knytt Underground
Gravity Badgers
Swords & Soldiers HD

I am also open to suggestions. What do you guys think?

Of your choices, group 2 sounds like the best bet (although I haven't played Block Drop U) .

jariw

SKTTR

Group 3 because Stick it to The Man! is great and Ittle Dew is the oneI want most.
I liked Knytt Uderground and Swords&Soldiers too.
Still have to get Child of Light and New Luigi though.

epicmatt12302

I have exactly 10 dollars on the EShop. Can someone list some good games that are $10 or less?

epicmatt12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

jariw

epicdude12302 wrote:

I have exactly 10 dollars on the EShop. Can someone list some good games that are $10 or less?

If you want a great really challenging game: Scram Kitty
If you want a fun time: Stick it to the Man!

Then there's things like Star Wars PinBall, Trine 2, CastleStorm, Runner2, and the VC titles. Haven't played Ittle Dew yet, but it seems to be good as well.

Look up multiple reviews on the games, so you know it's a game of your taste.

jariw

whodatninja

Can Adventure Time (Explore The Dungeon Because I Dont Know) be recommended at a discount, 12£, even though it's not that good? I'd like to play it for the story and voice acting... >_<

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

SKTTR

whodatninja wrote:

Can Adventure Time (Explore The Dungeon Because I Dont Know) be recommended at a discount, 12£, even though it's not that good? I'd like to play it for the story and voice acting... >_<

I'd want it for the music. I heard the show has some music by Flying Lotus. Are there any FlyLo tracks in there?

Edited on by SKTTR

DefHalan

whodatninja wrote:

I would recommend it but you have to know what you are getting into. It is very repetitive dungeon crawler. I found it enjoyable but understand how others didn't like it. Also I think Cinnamon Bun is the best character to play as. He may be slow but he is powerful

whodatninja

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I would recommend it but you have to know what you are getting into. It is very repetitive dungeon crawler. I found it enjoyable but understand how others didn't like it. Also I think Cinnamon Bun is the best character to play as. He may be slow but he is powerful

Thank you. After thinking about it, i'm starting to think even £12 is too much. For such a critically panned game I mean.

Will probably watch a playthrough on Youtube. Or wait till I get a 3DS... (Seems like a great "pick-up-and-play" game for hand helds)

whodatninja

DefHalan

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Thank you. After thinking about it, i'm starting to think even £12 is too much. For such a critically panned game I mean.

Will probably watch a playthrough on Youtube. Or wait till I get a 3DS... (Seems like a great "pick-up-and-play" game for hand helds)

I would not recommend the 3DS version. Your progress is only saved every 5 floors and at around floor 40 each floor gets pretty long, also no Multiplayer which is pretty important to the game in my opinion

whodatninja

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I would not recommend the 3DS version. Your progress is only saved every 5 floors and at around floor 40 each floor gets pretty long, also no Multiplayer which is pretty important to the game in my opinion

Oh wow! I guess the Wii U version is the best option... It is kind of portable lol

whodatninja

Mega_Umbreon

I've been thinking really hard about getting Ittle Dew, but I'm wondering if it's worth $10. To those that have played it, do you think it was worth it and how much did you enjoy it?

Mega_Umbreon

Nintendo Network ID: CarolinaFoxGT

SleepyCrossing

I got my Wii U recently and haven't purchased a single e-shop or VC title yet. What would you all recommend as "must-haves"? I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight and I am thinking of getting Child of Light and Scram Kitty & His Buddy On Rails. I don't really know what else to get. Also feel free to suggest VC titles

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

jariw

SleepyCrossing wrote:

I got my Wii U recently and haven't purchased a single e-shop or VC title yet. What would you all recommend as "must-haves"? I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight and I am thinking of getting Child of Light and Scram Kitty & His Buddy On Rails. I don't really know what else to get. Also feel free to suggest VC titles

Scram Kitty is great if you like a challenging but fair old-school game that's really unique. Child of Light is great if you like RPGs and/or a beautiful artistic presentation.

The NES remixes or DuckTales would probably be great for nostalgic players (I have these games but don't like them that much).

Some other titles to check out are Runner 2, Trine 2, Stick it to the Man, CastleStorm, Toki Tori 2+ or any other discussed in the comments section in NL's 2014 summer top 10 eShop feature:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/feature_our_top_10_w...

Check out multiple reviews for each eShop game to see what would sen to be the best games for you. You can use the links in my eShop/Metacritic list to get to the reviews through Metacritic:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wiiu_eshop/eshop_metacriti...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

SleepyCrossing

Thank you for your reply! I think I'm going to try COL/Scram Kitty and see how I like them. Then I'm going to see what else interests me from those lists. Happy gaming.

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

rolLTheDice

SKTTR wrote:

LeasTwanteD wrote:

Yes I have it on 3DS too.
It's hard to say. On one hand the bigger screen on the Wii U makes this game easier (increased view for better pathfinding and enemy sniping)
But on the other hand the Wii U version has additional content (extra hard stages) so it's anyone's guess.

Oh okay. I just wasn't sure if the original 3DS stages would be included. Thanks.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

devinias

Okay I have a little over $30 do.Lars for eshop. I am wanting to get some good games. I have a chance to get monster hunter 3 ultimate for $29, but I have been looking at all the eshop games and can't decide. Such as the ubisoft sale, ACIV for $20 which would leave $10 for other games or just some recent eshop games.

Looking at:
Mh3ultimte -$29
AC IV - $20
Squid odyssey
Pushimo
Zelda minish cap
Castlestorm
Other suggestions or opinions are welcome. .

Just so you all know I ALREADY have shovel knight.

Edited on by devinias

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic