Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Why isn't Activision on eShop?

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

raschi

1. Posted:

I really want to play a wiimote shooter on my Wii U, but Call of Duty is yet again not available on the eShop. Actually Activision has no games on the eShop at all.
I am going digital only this gen, and I don't understand why some publishers have just decided to avoid eShop altogether.
I have searched the web for an official statement regarding this, but found no answer. And nobody answers on Activision forums.
Does anyone here know why?
Can some at NintendoLife please contact Activision for an answer?

raschi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

2. Posted:

I don't think it's smart to go digital only when the software hasn't even gone digital only. If you want Call of Duty then just buy the disc.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

3. Posted:

EA games that came to Wii U during launch were also disc only

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

raschi

4. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I don't think it's smart to go digital only when the software hasn't even gone digital only. If you want Call of Duty then just buy the disc.

I'm not going to buy the disc, because I want all my games available when booting up the console. Also there's better load times.
I even sold my Nintendo Land pack-in, and bought the digital version.
It's quite simple: The games that are not available on the eShop are guaranteed not to be bought by me.
Why won't they put their games on the eShop, when they would make more than twice per sold copy? I can't find a reasonable answer to this.

raschi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

5. Posted:

raschi wrote:

Why won't they put their games on the eShop, when they would make more than twice per sold copy? I can't find a reasonable answer to this.

Here's a reason: Because you're wrong. Digital versions do not sell more than twice what the physical copies do.

Also, here's another blunt truth, nobody cares if you specifically aren't going to buy the game because it's not available on the eshop. All these major corporations are still going to be 100% okay without your single purchase.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

6. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

raschi wrote:

Why won't they put their games on the eShop, when they would make more than twice per sold copy? I can't find a reasonable answer to this.

Here's a reason: Because you're wrong. Digital versions do not sell more than twice what the physical copies do.

Also, here's another blunt truth, nobody cares if you specifically aren't going to buy the game because it's not available on the eshop. All these major corporations are still going to be 100% okay without your single purchase.

.

Wow that was rude. Actually the wii u has a lot of digital only users. Your right about them not making double but they do make a good bit more. I'm guessing about 20 bucks and with the eshop they have more price control.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

7. Posted:

My apologies for coming off as rude, but it's the truth. Although, I should note that by "nobody" I meant the people at Activision and other major gaming companies.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the game was available digitally, too. But I'm not going to boycott the product because they don't release a digital copy. The only thing that would accomplish is me not getting the game and them saying, "Oh, well, I guess people with Wii Us don't want to buy our game." and stop supporting the Wii U, like other companies have.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

8. Posted:

i like games more than consistency or hating effort so...

oh wait i could just get a ubisoft game instead, who caaaaares

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

raschi

9. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Here's a reason: Because you're wrong. Digital versions do not sell more than twice what the physical copies do.

Also, here's another blunt truth, nobody cares if you specifically aren't going to buy the game because it's not available on the eshop. All these major corporations are still going to be 100% okay without your single purchase.

Yeah, I actually wrote "more than twice per sold copy". I'm fully aware that retail sells more copies. Also I'm not alone going digital only this gen, believe it or not.

Edited on by raschi

raschi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

10. Posted:

I wish this was on the eShop. Seriously! :o
Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

raschi

11. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I wish this was on the eShop. Seriously! :o
Untitled

Seriously. Apparently Activision doesn't do eShop period. And nobody can give a straight answer why.
That's why I was hoping somebody working at NintendoLife could get to the bottom of this. Someone with a little more weight than angry forum posters:)

raschi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

12. Posted:

Maybe Nintendo's cut is higher for the eshop and people reselling stuff is less of a problem for activation because of the Season Pass that the new customers still get.

There will be a reason why they think it is in their best interests.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

13. Posted:

I'm sorry did people just start fighting each other because one person wants digital games over physical copies oh you savages XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

14. Posted:

raschi wrote:

Yeah, I actually wrote "more than twice per sold copy". I'm fully aware that retail sells more copies. Also I'm not alone going digital only this gen, believe it or not.

Okay, well, I guess I don't know what you mean by "more than twice per sold copy." And I can believe you're not the only person who is going digital only, but you and a few others are still nowhere near enough to convince them that their games NEED to be on the eShop. We're lucky to even be getting Activision's games at all, considering the way third parties treat the Wii U.

mamp wrote:

I'm sorry did people just start fighting each other because one person wants digital games over physical copies oh you savages XD

Who's fighting?

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

raschi

15. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Okay, well, I guess I don't know what you mean by "more than twice per sold copy." And I can believe you're not the only person who is going digital only, but you and a few others are still nowhere near enough to convince them that their games NEED to be on the eShop. We're lucky to even be getting Activision's games at all, considering the way third parties treat the Wii U.

Nintendo takes a 30% cut on eShop. The rest (70%) goes to the publisher. Now compare that to the normal 30% publishers get from retail.
So if a game costs $60 on both eShop and retail, the publisher gets $42 from an eShop sale, and $18 from retail. That's more than twice per sold copy.
The publisher can even slash the price in half on eShop, and still make more than retail(per copy).

Activision is basically saying no to more money from Wii U sales, because ???

Edited on by raschi

raschi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

16. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

raschi wrote:

Yeah, I actually wrote "more than twice per sold copy". I'm fully aware that retail sells more copies. Also I'm not alone going digital only this gen, believe it or not.

Okay, well, I guess I don't know what you mean by "more than twice per sold copy." And I can believe you're not the only person who is going digital only, but you and a few others are still nowhere near enough to convince them that their games NEED to be on the eShop. We're lucky to even be getting Activision's games at all, considering the way third parties treat the Wii U.

mamp wrote:

I'm sorry did people just start fighting each other because one person wants digital games over physical copies oh you savages XD

Who's fighting?

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jdarrell

17. Posted:

I'll assume they have a deal with retailers to get more shelf display space. And part of it means they can't risk losing Wii U retail sales to digital.

jdarrell