Topic: The Letter

Posts 121 to 140 of 154

64supermario

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Updates are already on their way and he is working on the next set already. You don't have to hope for the developer to add content, the content is coming.

A prettier loading screen
A auto save function
Adding a new level
And adding a few new objects

Are not going to fix the problems this game has.

What problems does it have that can't be fixed in updates?

Make the game more appealing, interaction and having an ACTUAL THREAT OR FEELING OF DANGER THAT MAKES THE GAME FIT INTO THE HORROR CATEGORY is going to take more than a quick update. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? My money says no sir.

There you go. It can be done. If your money says no then don't buy it. That is a perfect way to tell the developer you don't think he can do it. It is possible to update all those things, and the developer isn't looking for quick fixes, he is working on building the game. These updates he is making aren't the small updates people are use to, these updates are to add content and finish making the game. I don't care if you like the game and I don't care if you played the game and thought it was bad. I am just informing people about what is going on with the game.

If your going to do something ridiculous then you have to tell the consumer so, and no not everyone has the time to look up what the developer is doing or who they are. They should have been able to voice that much better to those, instead people are losing their money to something they didn't want and something that is completely unfinished. Trust me if I could have a refund, I would have got it by now, unfortunately I can't. $2 isn't such a big deal, but my god I could have used that towards something that actually resembles a game. THIS WAS NOT AN OKAY THING TO DO. There should have been some kind of warning or in parentheses (early access), even STEAM does that.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Updates are already on their way and he is working on the next set already. You don't have to hope for the developer to add content, the content is coming.

A prettier loading screen
A auto save function
Adding a new level
And adding a few new objects

Are not going to fix the problems this game has.

What problems does it have that can't be fixed in updates?

Make the game more appealing, interaction and having an ACTUAL THREAT OR FEELING OF DANGER THAT MAKES THE GAME FIT INTO THE HORROR CATEGORY is going to take more than a quick update. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? My money says no sir.

There you go. It can be done. If your money says no then don't buy it. That is a perfect way to tell the developer you don't think he can do it. It is possible to update all those things, and the developer isn't looking for quick fixes, he is working on building the game. These updates he is making aren't the small updates people are use to, these updates are to add content and finish making the game. I don't care if you like the game and I don't care if you played the game and thought it was bad. I am just informing people about what is going on with the game.

If your going to do something ridiculous then you have to tell the consumer so, and no not everyone has the time to look up what the developer is doing or who they are. They should have been able to voice that much better to those, instead people are losing their money to something they didn't want and something that is completely unfinished. Trust me if I could have a refund, I would have got it by now, unfortunately I can't. $2 isn't such a big deal, but my god I could have used that towards something that actually resembles a game. THIS WAS NOT AN OKAY THING TO DO. There should have been some kind of warning or in parentheses (early access), even STEAM does that.

Yes, the developer should have put something in the eShop description or something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

DiscoGentleman wrote:

I see DefHalan is still white knighting the sh*t out of this game. That baffles me even more than the awful game.

How many times do I have to say I am not defending the quality of this game?

Eel

That's mostly because of the people that have been spreading the word of how bad it is trying to warn others, but instead making them curious.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SKTTR

If people going to check out the eShop because of one bad game that made some public wave, then there's a chance of more profit for everyone.
It's not a wave as big as good games produce, but still a wave that draws a certain kind of people in.

But I question peoples sanity (their preferences of entertainment) when they only have 2$ left on their account, and spend it on this before buying a top quality game like Toki Tori or EDGE (that are available for the same price) first.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

brooks83

I got a $5 digital download promotion credit for downloading my free NSMBU from the Mario Kart 8 offer, and I got this game. I will probably regret it, but at least I didn't really spend my own money on it. I also got Toki Tori, even though I have the WiiWare version. That game is that good.

brooks83

Ralizah

So early access stuff is coming to consoles now? I hope this doesn't become a thing. Steam is drowning in that crap.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

I doubt it will become a common practice.

This one is technically a "complete", bug free game that will receive updates to "enhance the experience".

Bloop.

Prophet

Return To Sender (Wrath Of "The Letter")

This is a joke game I made in about 2 hours... It was fun to build and gave me the much needed release after playing (The Letter). I personally don't feel "The Letter" is a "bad" game... I did enjoy the 10 min it took me to complete it.

Prophet

kkslider5552000

Hahahahahaha awesome

though i read it as Return to Slender, which would've been more accurate

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

64supermario

I know I should just let this die, but here is Eli on the game's length and the update. Literally defeats the reasoning everyone was using to defend this game about future updates. Incredible.

http://nintendoeverything.com/treefall-studios-on-the-letters...

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Oragami

I actually somewhat enjoyed the game. I mean, I think it's only a 4/10, but I don't regret buying it.
But the ending...

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

I know I should just let this die, but here is Eli on the game's length and the update. Literally defeats the reasoning everyone was using to defend this game about future updates. Incredible.

Not sure how that defeats the defense of the future updates/DLC

64supermario

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

Simply put, he thinks that this is the finished game and is satisfied with it. Updates are just kind of a bonus.

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

Simply put, he thinks that this is the finished game and is satisfied with it. Updates are just kind of a bonus.

That is how he, and other developers see their games when they come out. I don't see a game as finished until all the DLC is out for a game, that doesn't mean I don't buy the games then later buy the DLC, it just means I don't think we have the final product until the developers are done developing content for the game. So just because Eli thinks he released the finished game doesn't mean I think he did

Shocks1776

This game is horrid.

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

Eel

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

Yeah he pretty much repeated what I said earlier in this thread about the game being finished and only receiving upgrades to "enhance" the experience.

Bloop.

DefHalan

Morphbug wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

Yeah he pretty much repeated what I said earlier in this thread about the game being finished and only receiving upgrades to "enhance" the experience.

Which being "finished" means different things to different people

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.