Forums

Topic: The Letter

Posts 101 to 120 of 154

MsJubilee

That's true their talking about the developer and how much it cost.And is a scam and it's terrible things like that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

I am looking forward to what the first update will bring

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

64supermario

DefHalan wrote:

Updates are already on their way and he is working on the next set already. You don't have to hope for the developer to add content, the content is coming.

A prettier loading screen
A auto save function
Adding a new level
And adding a few new objects

Are not going to fix the problems this game has.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Updates are already on their way and he is working on the next set already. You don't have to hope for the developer to add content, the content is coming.

A auto save function
Adding a new level

What problems does it have that can't be fixed in updates?

DefHalan

Nickvp95 wrote:

Can someone give me their honest opinion about this game? It's tempting being only $1.99, but i've read some reviews and it does not look like too good of a game

Currently it is not a good game. The developer is still building the game and releasing it slowly in updates. Think of it more as a chance to follow a game throughout its development then something you will buy, and enjoy right now. You probably won't enjoy it in the state it is in.

mystman12

DefHalan wrote:

Nickvp95 wrote:

Can someone give me their honest opinion about this game? It's tempting being only $1.99, but i've read some reviews and it does not look like too good of a game

Currently it is not a good game. The developer is still building the game and releasing it slowly in updates. Think of it more as a chance to follow a game throughout its development then something you will buy, and enjoy right now. You probably won't enjoy it in the state it is in.

Right now, I don't think you could even call it an actual game. If you or your friends like "so bad it's good" stuff, it's worth a couple bucks just to show it to your friends and laugh at it. Plus, there is the fact that it's supposed to get updates, and, theoretically, with enough updates this could become good, but I'm really doubting it will ever become anything worth owning.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

2Sang

GOTY GOTY!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

64supermario

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

A auto save function
Adding a new level

Make the game more appealing, interaction and having an ACTUAL THREAT OR FEELING OF DANGER THAT MAKES THE GAME FIT INTO THE HORROR CATEGORY is going to take more than a quick update. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? My money says no sir.

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

DefHalan

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

64supermario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

A auto save function
Adding a new level

Make the game more appealing, interaction and having an ACTUAL THREAT OR FEELING OF DANGER THAT MAKES THE GAME FIT INTO THE HORROR CATEGORY is going to take more than a quick update. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? My money says no sir.

There you go. It can be done. If your money says no then don't buy it. That is a perfect way to tell the developer you don't think he can do it. It is possible to update all those things, and the developer isn't looking for quick fixes, he is working on building the game. These updates he is making aren't the small updates people are use to, these updates are to add content and finish making the game. I don't care if you like the game and I don't care if you played the game and thought it was bad. I am just informing people about what is going on with the game.

DPad

Almost no game that comes out in this day & age is ever "complete" or "finished" anymore. For God's sake people we have DAY ONE patches! And that's on games developed by groups of people.

I'm grateful the complaining on this site is at least being done in a logical manner mostly, unlike Miiverse. However, I still feel like people are being way to extreme about this game. Either they're being to easy or to hard. How about instead of mindlessly bashing the developer, you post some well thought out & eloquently written constructive criticism on his Miiverse posts? He is incredibly active & constantly responding to user's posts.

I'm not saying your opinion doesn't being here or anything...but if you're going to take the time to complain & moan to us, at least present your advice to the creator who is totally making himself available for it. In the end, it could improve this game and/or help improve any future releases he has planned.

Be proactive.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I command the following plan, obtain green stars & stamps!
MOST ANTICIPATED WiiU GAMES:
1. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Sonic BOOM
4. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
5. Splatoon

CaviarMeths

It baffles me that people would defend this garbage and actually believe that the developer is going to eventually deliver a quality game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

CaviarMeths wrote:

It baffles me that people would defend this garbage and actually believe that the developer is going to eventually deliver a quality game.

It baffles me that people would do zero research before paying for a game to understand what it is they are buying.

Kevlar44

MAB wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Kevlar44 wrote:

I can't believe people will buy this or even justify it. It looks like it has terrible graphics, no decent story, no real things to do or figure out it's ridiculous.

I honestly don't know how anybody could defend this. I know it's $2, but this is like an unfinished demo for something.

I am interested in following its development and see what the devs implement later

Yeah, actually it's funny how the users that say this is crap and unfinished are the same users that pay $60+ for EA games

Actually wise guy i don't buy EA games because i think the sport games are all rehashes and when i bought a UFC game, a franchise i never played, i decided it was the final straw when they decided they "owned" the online part of the disc, never again. FWIW i play mostly retro games and newer Nintendo games to go with some Indies and a very occasional Sony game like God of War or Jax and Daxter. I don't buy crappy games nor support redundant franchises with crappy practices, comment on your own life.

Kevlar44

Kevlar44

DefHalan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I never said it was just a slightly unpolished game. I think it is still in early Alpha. These "patches" the developer is making isn't to fix bugs or fix small things, it is to add more content and features.

Except it's released as a finished game, when there's almost nothing finished about it.

The developer has said any money made from selling The Letter on the eShop will go into adding content to the game. (well he said living while he adds the content but kinda the same thing) If you did your research before purchasing the game (like I did) you would have know what state the game was in and what is to come. Why are you upset this game is on the eShop? It isn't like it is taking away the chance of being on the eShop from another game or anything.

How about he finishes the game and then sells it? This shouldn't be allowed on the e-Shop because A) It sets a terrible precedent, B) It isn't finished and C) There is no way for anybody browsing the e-Shop to know that it isn't a finished game.

I disagree, Steam Early Access and Kickstarter prove you can sell an unfinished game with the promise of more later. I do think it should say somewhere on the eShop page but anyone that does even the slightest bit of research will know what they are buying.

Are there actually Steam Early Access games that look this rough? I have a hard time believing that, and if there are similar games i'm sure they are rightfully derided as well. As for the kickstarter point games like this don't exist as early access on Kickstarter because they don't get funded, just like this one didn't, because they suck. Everyone's been green before but this isn't a reasonable way to earn your chops, a game like this doesn't add value to the marketplace nor provide fun beyond the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

Kevlar44

MAB

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

Off-load some of that mofo to the MAB
Untitled

MAB

DefHalan

Kevlar44 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I never said it was just a slightly unpolished game. I think it is still in early Alpha. These "patches" the developer is making isn't to fix bugs or fix small things, it is to add more content and features.

Except it's released as a finished game, when there's almost nothing finished about it.

The developer has said any money made from selling The Letter on the eShop will go into adding content to the game. (well he said living while he adds the content but kinda the same thing) If you did your research before purchasing the game (like I did) you would have know what state the game was in and what is to come. Why are you upset this game is on the eShop? It isn't like it is taking away the chance of being on the eShop from another game or anything.

How about he finishes the game and then sells it? This shouldn't be allowed on the e-Shop because A) It sets a terrible precedent, B) It isn't finished and C) There is no way for anybody browsing the e-Shop to know that it isn't a finished game.

I disagree, Steam Early Access and Kickstarter prove you can sell an unfinished game with the promise of more later. I do think it should say somewhere on the eShop page but anyone that does even the slightest bit of research will know what they are buying.

Are there actually Steam Early Access games that look this rough? I have a hard time believing that, and if there are similar games i'm sure they are rightfully derided as well. As for the kickstarter point games like this don't exist as early access on Kickstarter because they don't get funded, just like this one didn't, because they suck. Everyone's been green before but this isn't a reasonable way to earn your chops, a game like this doesn't add value to the marketplace nor provide fun beyond the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

I am not arguing its quality, I am inforning people that the game is not complete but the developer is working on it

MrV4ltor

A developer shouldn't be working on a Wii U eshop game after it's out. Only if he's doing paid DLC or something. The stuff that Treefall Studios wants to add will not make the core components of the game any better. Just adding another uninspired level with ugly textures and ugly assets isn't going to help.

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter:

AceDefective

To be fair, it probably would have been a better idea to release the game in a much better state than what he did. But, it is priced low for this exact reason so you are getting what you paid for and he is indeed adding content and hopefully much more content.
I think reason everyone's really upset by this is that the eShop description probably didn't point it to being unfinished, and that he's still working on it despite it being released. It makes people who bought it feel cheated regardless of price.
The DLC he's working on is free, right? People deserve that much.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

DefHalan

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

To be fair, it probably would have been a better idea to release the game in a much better state than what he did. But, it is priced low for this exact reason so you are getting what you paid for and he is indeed adding content and hopefully much more content.
I think reason everyone's really upset by this is that the eShop description probably didn't point it to being unfinished, and that he's still working on it despite it being released. It makes people who bought it feel cheated regardless of price.
The DLC he's working on is free, right? People deserve that much.

Yes the DLC/Updates will be free. I never read the eShop descriptions, I always do research on my own without needing to read the eShop descriptions.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.