Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 281 to 300 of 350

DefHalan

Henmii wrote:

"It's still a spritual successor but it doesn't have the classic Megaman quality people were hoping for"

Maybe not, though it still looks fun. I have a feeling that people also expect to much from returning gaming "legends". Its like: Oh, the man from Megaman makes a spiritual succesor, it must be good. But look at the creator of Sonic. Since he left Sega he only has done Ivy the Kiwi (wich is fun, but far from a classic), that pirate game that got canceled, and Rodea (wich is almost released). My point is, he hasn't lived up to the expectations yet. My advice, don't overhype yourself (that is always a bad thing).

I also think the developers shouldn't over hype themselves. Their kickstarter was mainly all about the hype. He showed almost nothing and people bought into it, it was also during Kickstarters glory days (I think they lasted about 3 months lol) when people thought $X = a certain level of quality, which is never the case. If the developers kept their own hype down and in turn kept their customer's/backer's hype in check the game wouldn't have been such an expensive project and probably wouldn't have such a negative look currently. We will see when it comes out... so maybe in a year or two

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

''The release of Mighty No. 9, Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune's Kickstarter project, won't be postponed again, according to the developer.

The game is expected to keep to this schedule, according to Inafune.

Mighty No. 9 will finally make it to consoles on Feb. 12, 2016. A demo for the game, which also saw a delay, is now available to backers.''

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/21/9587108/mighty-no-9-delay-s...

Good job!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

ThePirateCaptain

What a trainwreck of a development this game has had.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ryno

Wish I could get my money back.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Megas75

Untitled

I had so much hope for this game when it was first announce, but as time passes I care less and less about it and it makes my faith in Inafune continue to plummet

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Bass_X0

it doesn't have the classic Megaman quality people were hoping for.

I think Mighty Switch Force will be closer to traditional Mega Man than Mighty No. 9.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Luffymcduck

Bass_X0 wrote:

it doesn't have the classic Megaman quality people were hoping for.

I think Mighty Switch Force will be closer to traditional Mega Man than Mighty No. 9.

... really?
MSF had more puzzle oriented levels, only the last level was straightforward and action packed (or fun).

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Pho

Geez, the hype for this died down HARD. Last post more than 2 months ago.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Octane

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

''We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide).''

I'll believe it when I see it.

Octane

Luffymcduck

That's a release date for the console versions. Portable versions will be released later and they can still delay them multiple times but those ones don´t matter to me since I´m going to play the Wii U version.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Monkey_Balls

Octane wrote:

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

''We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide).''

I'll believe it when I see it.

All the delays have killed the hype for this game. At this point they're probably better off delaying it further and releasing it as a launch title for NX.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Octane

@Monkey_Balls: The 3DS version is delayed again (not joking), so there's still hope

Octane

jump

That trailer looks horrible!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

Yeah I think that might have been the worst trailer I've seen for a game. Made so bad by the circumstances surrounding it, they really are in no position whatsoever to flat out insult (yes I and everyone else knows that they were joking but there's a line between poking fun at people and insulting people with jokes and in my opinion they crossed that line to the latter) a good percentage of their fanbase. Not only that one line, but the rest of the 'humour' was just embarrassing- "combo-on-combo action" bleh.

The game didn't look * too * awful, I'm still thinking they have made an enjoyable enough game, I mean surely after all this they still managed to make a competent Mega Man clone.

But yeah that definitely is something they wish they could take back right now.

Shinion

Rumorlife

So, what now? Mega Man's final legacy is the anniversary game collection thing and his Smash addition.

Rumorlife

Henmii

I am on the fence of pre-ordering the Wii u retail-version, or going for the Wii u download-version. However, the retail-version cost 10 Euro more (30 Euro, to be exact). But it includes the Ray-dlc, artwork booklet and poster. Oh, and if you pre-order you also get the Retro-Beck DLC.

I wonder though: If I buy the much cheaper download-version, can I still download the Ray-dlc? And how much will it cost then?

Also: This site even says the download-version will cost 15 Euro, though the official site says 20.

Henmii

CanisWolfred

Oh wow, this is awkward. Come here to talk about the new trailer for the Ray DLC, but now it looks like I gotta be the bearer of bad news: http://gematsu.com/2016/06/mighty-no-9-ray-dlc-gameplay-trailer

Oh God, that new character - it's like Shadow the Hedgehog had sex with Zero from MMZ, while Werewolf Sonic watched...and this was slapped together in the afterglow/math...

Please dear Inafune, just release this game already so we can move on from this trainwreck...this is even more embarassing than Tomino's attempt at returning to Gundam so he could "teach all the youngsters what mecha is really supposed to be." At least a bad anime stops when the ratings hit the floor...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic