Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 221 to 240 of 350

shingi_70

Kamiya over at Platinum games once wrote this.

Its sort of hard to disagree despite liking quite a few games that Infuane has made. My main problem is dude has only put out one good game with compect in soul sacrifice. His pirates game never came out, Ninja Gaiden Z is hot garbge, and we still don't know about Gunvolt.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Considering he's half of the reason Capcom has had success in the past 7 years, I can't really disagree. He was starting to lose me until I realize his main focus is to bring back Japanese gaming to the west instead of trying to entirely pander to it while changing what makes Japanese gaming unique. Or at least some type of balance between the two.

Though I will say I have no idea why he keeps using Spark Unlimited for games like Ninja Gaiden Z. It's like Nintendo and Artoon, the latter is too untalented to justify keeping around. Seriously, there's plenty of indies who would make better games for HALF the price. It's just a stupid move.

also even from that teaser, the CG is ehhhh at best but it at least it doesn't seem to be insultingly awful like most CG tv cartoons.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

this game looks like a hot mess imo

It looks like muppet baby poop. I want a refund! Have you watched the latest video? is this supposed to be some unreleased PS2 game i don't know about?

lol, they are trying to pull that now?
you cant get a refund?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

8BitSamurai

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

this game looks like a hot mess imo

It looks like muppet baby poop. I want a refund! Have you watched the latest video? is this supposed to be some unreleased PS2 game i don't know about? I expected much more based on the first Art mock up screen shot....I know it's not finished yet, but i doubt it's going to look much better.

Come on, Inafune couldn't let us down after all this hype! He wouldn't break our hearts like Capcom would. I mean, I haven't seen any recent footage, so I'll just look it up an--

Untitled
Coming to a PS2 near you, courtesy of the bargain bin.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

SubBronze

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said in the Mega Man thread, since its more relevant here:

The more that gets released about Mighty No. 9, the less enthusiastic about it I get. With the additional crowd funding for a game which already made almost $4 million, and this animated TV series which doesn't look good at all from the teaser, it just seems more and more soulless.

Also, if you already have a TV series confirmed which assumingly would have a full English voice-acting cast, why do you need $100,000 for in-game voice acting? You have the cast already, just get them to say some extra lines in the recording studio.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

cookiex

8BitSamurai wrote:

What happened here? The Unreal Engine test video looked better than that.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Retro_on_theGo

I understand being upset over everything else but I really think you shouldn't judge the game's graphics and animation when it's this early in development. If you're a Nintendo fan you know better then anyone their games are ugly until the very last minute.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Ryno

What ya talkin bout? Looks awesome.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Bulbousaur wrote:

Also, if you already have a TV series confirmed which assumingly would have a full English voice-acting cast, why do you need $100,000 for in-game voice acting? You have the cast already, just get them to say some extra lines in the recording studio.

The cartoon is probably a super new thing and is apparently is mostly not made by the people behind the game.

And if the cartoon gets well known voice actors, than 100,000 would actually be pretty reasonable depending on the amount of dialogue. Especially if they actually put in the effort to have multiple takes or a voice director.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WiiWareWave

Ryno wrote:

What ya talkin bout? Looks awesome.
Untitled

Agreed! People in today's time are too spoiled by modern graphics, as a person who grew up in the 80's/90's I'm fine with the retro style graphics! To me it's gameplay > graphics!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Wait, people think that footage looks bad???? What the hell, did everybody have a simultaneous aneurism or something? That looks pretty great, graphics and gameplay-wise.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WiiWareWave

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, people think that footage looks bad???? What the hell, did everybody have a simultaneous aneurism or something? That looks pretty great, graphics and gameplay-wise.

I completely agree with you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

Rukiafan wrote:

Agreed! People in today's time are too spoiled by modern graphics, as a person who grew up in the 80's/90's I'm fine with the retro style graphics! To me it's gameplay > graphics!

Those aren't retro-style graphics though.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Ryno

8BitSamurai wrote:

Rukiafan wrote:

Those aren't retro-style graphics though.

Unfortunately, PS360 is considering retro by some.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

WiiWareWave

Well, honestly the graphics looked more like PS2/GCN caliber to me, but as I said gameplay trumps graphics imo.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

ogo79

its all about the OldGamesOnly79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

@Retro_on_theGo; Yes, I did get a key (and put down some nice cash, haha...). Thing is, it will actually require me to use my PC at home which I never do anymore so I might not end up using it.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Jazzer94

In this case especially gameplay>>>graphics, but I really wish they had gone the 2D approach.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic