Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 81 to 100 of 341

GraveLordXD

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

This game is awesome hasn't let me down in the slightest! I wouldn't mind a lot more games like this

GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

Dave24 wrote:

It can be good... but the music can be pretty bad. I'm patiently waiting for it hoping it will be one awesome game, though.

the music is awesome retro goodness your ears suck! Respectively no offense =)

GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

BTW has anyone accidentally hit and broke a glass checkpoint? Not good lol

GraveLordXD

GraveLordXD

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I really like the checkpoint system they've introduced, where you can literally ruin your checkpoint for money.

This adds a BRILLIANT element of risk / reward that serves both kinds of gamers extremely well. For such a minor feature it becomes a major consideration in each level's strategy.

I'm not sure I've disagreed with a single design decision yet, and I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game.

I agree It kinda sucks tho when your friend keeps for some reason hitting the attack button near the check points lol

GraveLordXD

Rezalack

Loving this game so far, actually better than I expected which was a pleasant surprise.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Dave24

LDXD wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Unless he was playing on PC, on which there is a lock-up sometimes or input lag.

Beat the game, took me 8:15 hrs with most things done (6 missing musical sheets) and it was awesome. Although there could be more boss battles like Thinker Knight, it was awesome.

LDXD wrote:

BTW has anyone accidentally hit and broke a glass checkpoint? Not good lol

Why? I've beat a whole stage without checkpoints and turkeys - it is possible, you only must be little more careful.

Dave24

Dave24

Gridatttack wrote:

Figured I ask here too.

Should I get this or retro city rampage?

If you are interested in both than buy both - it is on steam sale.

I say Shovel Knight - overall it is much better game and one of the best, if not best, retro inspired platformers

Dave24

SleepyCrossing

I am terrible at this game. Its a lot of fun, but I am always dying Its not even the enemies, its the jumps.. I am not very good at retro inspired platformers it would seem Tons of fun regardless.

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash

JaxonH

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Because being forced to repeat something over and over again is not by definition a "grind". /sarcasm

Well, technically a grind would be repeated leveling up because your character is too weak. Whereas trying over and over again is more or less just a result of lack of skill, right? I mean, I've never played a game where you had to rely on luck to get through. I've been lucky before, but that's not to say it couldn't have been done with the right amount of skill.

Don't mind me I'm just babbling, thinking out loud.

I have 2 extra Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest DLC codes for sale- $15/ea

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Zelda Twilight Princess HD, Bastion
Jesus is Lord.

Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Knux

Destroying all of the checkpoints to get that extra cash is the way to play Shovel Knight.

Knux

NinChocolate

So, anybody started a personal speed and or no damage run yet?

NinChocolate

CanisWolfred

JaxonH wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Because being forced to repeat something over and over again is not by definition a "grind". /sarcasm

Well, technically a grind would be repeated leveling up because your character is too weak. Whereas trying over and over again is more or less just a result of lack of skill, right? I mean, I've never played a game where you had to rely on luck to get through. I've been lucky before, but that's not to say it couldn't have been done with the right amount of skill.

Don't mind me I'm just babbling, thinking out loud.

"A grind" is a repetitive, laborous task or routine. Period. It doesn't matter if it requires skill or not, once you've done it so much it feels like a chore, its "a grind".

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Noonch

I beat the game tonight, thoroughly enjoyable. The unlimited lives/checkpoints system is really forgiving. It never gets too frustrating but does get close at times. I don't mind the price when it yields quality like this.

Sent from my WiiU

DefHalan

I didn't get any Digital Deluxe Promotion points from the Shovel Knight kickstarter code

http://www.twitch.tv/defhalan

Krystal for SMASH!!!!
Shantae for SMASH!!!
Nintendo will release a Micro-Console as a companion device to the NX and next Handheld Console.

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GraveLordXD

Dave24 wrote:

LDXD wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Unless he was playing on PC, on which there is a lock-up sometimes or input lag.

Beat the game, took me 8:15 hrs with most things done (6 missing musical sheets) and it was awesome. Although there could be more boss battles like Thinker Knight, it was awesome.

LDXD wrote:

BTW has anyone accidentally hit and broke a glass checkpoint? Not good lol

Why? I've beat a whole stage without checkpoints and turkeys - it is possible, you only must be little more careful.

that's pretty good I can beat a few of them but some of the later stages are quite harder with out certain check points but I do like the challenge. I think on my second play through I'm going to smash all the check points

GraveLordXD

WaveBoy7

I was hoping there would be NO checkpoints, i'd rather be punished and start right back at the beginning of the stage when i lose a life. I want to better my skills by correcting every mistake i made, mastering the stage design, enemy layout, the works. Check points make this half-impossible.

Currently Playing: Donkey kong Country! - Virtual Console!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
Nintendo Network ID: WaveBoy777

Prof_Clayton

CanisWolfred wrote:

You can destroy the checkpoints. Problem solved.

Although I applaud their reasoning behind not explaining this to the player, it still should have been mentioned by a NPC in the first town (unless I missed that). Otherwise some people would never know, like @WaveBoy mentioned.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic