Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 201 to 220 of 350

Spoony_Tech

Curious to see how the numbers break up. Also I think it's high time for a sale so I can consider the other option.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Curious to see how the numbers break up.

Release week (75,000 units), it was 1/3 Wii U, 1/3 3DS and 1/3 PC. But then, it was US market only for Wii U/3DS, but world wide for PC.

jariw

kkslider5552000

I'm gonna guess it's remained relatively even? The power of Steam might've won out but this has been a giant love letter for Nintendo fans by Nintendo fans so I dunno...

Anyway, I'm super happy they won that Indie game award. I've said this in 2 other threads already but it is so deserved. It is the new Cave Story, your undisputed king of retro indie games that we will be playing for a long time. I'm not saying this out of hyperbole or anything, I just feel this just an obvious statement in a way. If anything, I'm not even one of the people saying it's Game of the Year in general, so I know some people love this game more than I do. Nothing's come around to be so relevant to "indie gaming" since then that makes me think of retro games until this one, and it's the best one and most well received. Also helps that it actually plays more like those old games (Cave Story was more a slightly odd take on Metroidvania).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Captain_Toad

Congratulations Shovel Knight!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

DefHalan

That is sad. 1 less reason for people I know to get a Wii U

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

What's wrong with Shovel Knight coming to PlayStation? The more people who get to play the game, the better.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Punished_Boss_84

IceClimbers wrote:

What's wrong with Shovel Knight coming to PlayStation? The more people who get to play the game, the better.

Its no longer exclusive, thats what wrong

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Wouwter

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Not really wrong imo, maybe sad for Nintendo, but as a consumer it shouldn't really matter I believe.
I am however going to be a bit pissed if it will be cross-buy on Playstation platforms and not on Nintendo platforms. :/

Forum Signature

Punished_Boss_84

Wouwter wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Not really wrong imo, maybe sad for Nintendo, but as a consumer it shouldn't really matter I believe.
I am however going to be a bit pissed if it will be cross-buy on Playstation platforms and not on Nintendo platforms. :/

Thats Nintendo's prerogative to create some sort of cross buy system (they have but its not really widespread).

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Peach64

Well it wasn't really an exclusive with it being on PC, especially as it's something most PCs can run regardless if they were built for gaming or not. My PC isn't good enough to run any 7th gen console games, but it has no problem with indies like Shovel Knight.

Peach64

Spoony_Tech

With the popularity they'd be stupid not too. Lets also remember that if it wasn't a success then they might not be porting it over to other systems. All this really means is the inevitable sequel or new project which more then likely will hit Nintendo systems first.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I was going to pick this up on the Wii U but I think I will wait for it to hit PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if PS+ members will get it for free like Dust.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Storytime7

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I was going to pick this up on the Wii U but **** giving devs actual money.

amended for accuracy

That's pretty much how the post read once PS+ was mentioned. :/

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

sub12

Sony pays the dev to have their games free for the month....so I'm sure Yacht Club games will be happy to oblige (although no one said it would be a PS+ free title as far as I know)

sub12

Drawdler

I'm glad it's coming to other platforms, but not that they get exclusive gameplay... Even though it's just one wanderer, I'm always going to feel like I have an incomplete version of the game now.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MsJubilee

Drawdler wrote:

I'm glad it's coming to other platforms, but not that they get exclusive gameplay... Even though it's just one wanderer, I'm always going to feel like I have an incomplete version of the game now.

Incomplete version?Why?Is there new stuff that makes it the definitive version of the game?If there is i'm dying to know.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Drawdler

^ There's an extra boss fight featuring Kratos. It's not a huge thing but flusters me.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Sorry, this topic has been locked.