Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Shovel Knight

Showing 101 to 120 of 213

AuthorMessage

JaxonH

101. Posted:

LDXD wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Ya well, reviewers complained about bad controls in DKC Tropical Freeze as well, and we all know that game has some of the most precise mechanics ever conceived. Clearly, some reviewers just tend to blame the game when they lack the skill necessary to overcome the challenges presented.

Heck, even going back to Wonderful 101. The shapes drawn out for the Unite Morphs are dependent on the user input. If the shape isn't registering, it's because the user drew it all f***ed up. Yet some reviewers complained because their spiral wasn't registering as a circle- it's like "No duh! You gotta draw the shapes with proper form- you can't just slop down some messy, lopsided scribble and expect the game to register the input correctly". Granted, it does take practice, especially if you go the pro route and use the analogue, but it's still a prime example of reviewers in epic fail mode blaming the game's controls.

Just a reality of the world we live in. Reviewers might have 10, 15 games a week to review, and only allot 15-30 minutes of play time to each game. Sometimes more, but many times reviewers just play the first couple missions or stages, get a feel for the game, then write a review that influences millions. In many cases they don't take the time to properly learn the mechanics and develop skill. Which is unfortunate. It results in reviewers leveling unfounded complaints of bad controls against games with precision controls.

Edited on by JaxonH

CURRENTLY PLAYING
3DS: Smash Bros.....Pokemon AS/OR
WII U: Smash Bros.....Bayonetta 2
VITA: Tales of Hearts R.....Freedom Wars
PS4: Far Cry 4.....Dragon Age Inquisition.....GTAV
X1: Halo Master Chief.....Sunset Overdrive
Wii: Metroid Other M.....Zelda Skyward Sword

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

102. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You can destroy the checkpoints. Problem solved.

Although I applaud their reasoning behind not explaining this to the player, it still should have been mentioned by a NPC in the first town (unless I missed that). Otherwise some people would never know, like @WaveBoy mentioned.

It is explained by some NPC not sure who

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

LDXD

103. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I was hoping there would be NO checkpoints, i'd rather be punished and start right back at the beginning of the stage when i lose a life. I want to better my skills by correcting every mistake i made, mastering the stage design, enemy layout, the works. Check points make this half-impossible. ;)

break them and get the cash :)

LDXD

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

104. Posted:

Yeah, you don't HAVE to use the checkpoints. They can be broken

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

LDXD

105. Posted:

Gridatttack wrote:

Figured I ask here too.

Should I get this or retro city rampage?

IMO this by a long shot

LDXD

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

106. Posted:

Trying to get down using the propeller dagger to get thru levels fastest. It's causing many deaths. One day I'll be good!

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

MrGameluvr

107. Posted:

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS ABOUT MR. HAT

Does anybody know where I can find Mr. Hat? I heard you can find him three times but I've only found him twice (outside his shop on top of the sign and in the airship). Please help!

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

108. Posted:

JaxonH wrote:

Just a reality of the world we live in. Reviewers might have 10, 15 games a week to review, and only allot 15-30 minutes of play time to each game. Sometimes more, but many times reviewers just play the first couple missions or stages, get a feel for the game, then write a review that influences millions. In many cases they don't take the time to properly learn the mechanics and develop skill. Which is unfortunate. It results in reviewers leveling unfounded complaints of bad controls against games with precision controls.

I can assure you that in no reality is anybody reviewing 10 - 15 games a week.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

mark3

109. Posted:

I bought this last night and have been playing it ever since. Great game so far.

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

AuthorMessage

Adam

110. Posted:

Golden armor is the only armor.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

SuperPokefan95

111. Posted:

I haven't gotten Shovel Knight yet but I will get one of them. Are there any huge differences between the Wii U & 3DS version?

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

112. Posted:

SuperPokefan95 wrote:

I haven't gotten Shovel Knight yet but I will get one of them. Are there any huge differences between the Wii U & 3DS version?

The main difference is whether you prefer streetpass or a mix of Miiverse and Dark Souls messages.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SuperPokefan95

113. Posted:

Thank you @kkslider5552000. I think I'll get the 3DS version, even though I rarely get streetpass for titles that aren't FEA and SM3DL.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

114. Posted:

ugh.. Plague Knight in boss rush Game+

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

115. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Golden armor is the only armor.

AMEN BROTHER

love dat armor. I'm doing my no-money playthrough now, though, and I miss my twinkly flips. :'(

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

116. Posted:

Dave24 wrote:

LDXD wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Unless he was playing on PC, on which there is a lock-up sometimes or input lag.

Beat the game, took me 8:15 hrs with most things done (6 missing musical sheets) and it was awesome. Although there could be more boss battles like Thinker Knight, it was awesome.

LDXD wrote:

BTW has anyone accidentally hit and broke a glass checkpoint? Not good lol

Why? I've beat a whole stage without checkpoints and turkeys - it is possible, you only must be little more careful.

Is it fixed now the control issues on the PC version ? (I know there is an update).

I am done waiting. Its going to be ages before it is released in the EU on Nintendo platforms.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Discostew

117. Posted:

Currently attempting to do a bunch of feats at once.

• Beat the game in under 1 hour at 30 minutes
  • Beat the game without dying
  • Beat the game without falling into any bottomless pits
  • Beat the game without spending any gold
  • Beat the game without any relics
  • Destroy all possible checkpoints

Currently at 1 hour 3 minutes with the final 2 levels remaining.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

dumedum

118. Posted:

Really loving the game. Really liking the game pad usage - changing relics on the spots, and the cool inner-game Miiverse inclusion.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

dumedum

119. Posted:

Gridatttack wrote:

Figured I ask here too.

Should I get this or retro city rampage?

I was just thinking how I love those two games. Shovel Knight actually reminded me how much I love Retro City Rampage.. the simple graphics, the complete perfection and fun to go along. I would actually get Retro City Rampage first...

The mapping of the controls is really nice. I mapped the relics button to ZR, dig that.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

MoonKnight7

120. Posted:

Has anyone experienced a glitch regarding the Tinker Knight level? You know how it's a two part battle. Every time I defeat the first the battle, Shovel Knight then goes into his victory stance, I cannot move him and Tinker Knight just starts shooting in his giant machine, and just loops continuously. I have to restart the level every time and it's getting very annoying.

3DS: 1547-5509-1587
Wii U: Sherlok
I am told I have the fairy type in Friend Safari.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5509-1587 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlok