Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Should Nintendo do something like a PS Plus system?

Showing 1 to 20 of 70

AuthorMessage
NintendoFan990

NintendoFan990

1. Posted:

I think it'll be a really good idea if Nintendo did something like Playstation Plus or the Xbox Live free games thing. It could be for Wii U and 3DS.
Each month you'll be able to:
-Choose between two games to download at no extra cost
-Get exclusives demos of big upcoming games
-Be able to try out new features of the Wii U or the 3DS in beta before their releases
-Get cool items like clothes for your Miis, nice backgrounds for the Wii U Menu or the ability to do cool things on Miiverse like upload short clips of gameplay or be able to draw in colour

What do you guys think about this, would you pay for it? I would.

I am a human.

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

2. Posted:

no, because I heard you lose all the games you got for free if jump out of the deal..... but they keep the money.... :p

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

3. Posted:

No, I left Xbox because of not backwards compatible and I don't want to pay subscriptions

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Squiggle55

Squiggle55

4. Posted:

Yep. No question about it they should. They would make a boat-load of money and take a significant step into the world of current gen consoles. I would sign up for any subscription service Nintendo offered that resembled the free games and discounts PS+ offers. Of course they need to offer us real universal accounts first.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage
Dave24

Dave24

5. Posted:

Squiggle55 wrote:

Yep. No question about it they should. They would make a boat-load of money and take a significant step into the world of current gen consoles. I would sign up for any subscription service Nintendo offered that resembled the free games and discounts PS+ offers. Of course they need to offer us real universal accounts first.

Of course they're free as long as you pay, because when you won't you lose it all.

They need normal account system and maybe more deals/discounts and more often and little longer than 3 hrs (or day, I can't remember how long that discount on their website was) or just for US - it should be in PAL region too.

Dave24

AuthorMessage
CountBleck456

CountBleck456

6. Posted:

I think this would be a great idea if the free games were for the virtual console, giving people the chance to experience the classics and encouraging them to buy the new instalments in the series for Wii U and 3DS. It's win-win!

CountBleck456

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

7. Posted:

countbleck456 wrote:

I think this would be a great idea if the free games were for the virtual console, giving people the chance to experience the classics and encouraging them to buy the new instalments in the series for Wii U and 3DS. It's win-win!

in a case like this I'd be all for it

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

no, because I heard you lose all the games you got for free if jump out of the deal..... but they keep the money.... :p

If you sign up again, you get all your free games back, at least on PS+.

I am the Wolf....red.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, Art, Writing, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

9. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

no, because I heard you lose all the games you got for free if jump out of the deal..... but they keep the money.... :p

If you sign up again, you get all your free games back, at least on PS+.

well that's fair, I change my answer to yes!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

10. Posted:

PS+ is a ripoff on PS3, so hell no.

You're paying to borrow games. That doesn't count as free. You also don't have access to any previous week of games if you didn't claim them during the alloted week. Then you lose them once your subscription is up.

PS+ is ok on PS4, because you're paying for online, anyway. The whole entire reason why PS+ exists, is because Sony is losing money. The value ultimately isn't there, unless you pay more.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

11. Posted:

No but Nintendo should offer better deals for their consumers to increase their image.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
unrandomsam

unrandomsam

12. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

PS+ is a ripoff on PS3, so hell no.

You're paying to borrow games. That doesn't count as free. You also don't have access to any previous week of games if you didn't claim them during the alloted week. Then you lose them once your subscription is up.

PS+ is ok on PS4, because you're paying for online, anyway. The whole entire reason why PS+ exists, is because Sony is losing money. The value ultimately isn't there, unless you pay more.

It is not a rip off in reality you get it for about 25% of its price.

Paying for online is worse. (Stupid you don't get the option any more to run a dedicated server somewhere suitable to play between friends).

I suspect the amount saved on games that people would have bought had they not been on PS+ (That you turn out not to like) would be much more than it costs.

Anything digital anyway is not owned (It cannot be sold on which is a primary feature of ownership).

Even treating it as just trials of full versions to see if you want something cannot see how that can be bad.

(It can be bad for Sony as people won't pay for new games any more but that is not the point).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
sub12

sub12

13. Posted:

No, because I'm a Nintendo gamer, and I don't like Sony, so although I have no clue about the merits of PS+, Im just going to mindlessly say no....

Should they? Absolutely, and I like the idea of the VC tie in.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

14. Posted:

sub12 wrote:

No, because I'm a Nintendo gamer, and I don't like Sony, so although I have no clue about the merits of PS+, Im just going to mindlessly say no....

This post is labeled as...cute.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
OptometristLime

OptometristLime

15. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

sub12 wrote:

No, because I'm a Nintendo gamer, and I don't like Sony, so although I have no clue about the merits of PS+, Im just going to mindlessly say no....

This post is labeled as...cute.

/thread

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
TingLzStaff

TingLz

16. Posted:

I would like it to be similar to PS+ as that seems to be working for Sony. I'm sure there are a number of people here who would pay for it

TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH!!

Nintendo Life moderator and Tingle duck.

TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

17. Posted:

If they did and they offered free games to members like PSN did I would without a doubt sign up for it. I mean after a couple free games especially main stream ones like it pays for itself.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
TingLzStaff

TingLz

18. Posted:

They could offer cheaper VC offerings as well as another incentive

TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH!!

Nintendo Life moderator and Tingle duck.

TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

19. Posted:

No...if only because 1. I don't want Nintendo just copying Sony and 2. I think they said an idea to give more discounts for people who buy more (or maybe that's one of the million suggestions I read on the internet, I honestly forget) which is a better system for Nintendo's current problems.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
TingLzStaff

TingLz

20. Posted:

Honestly, the idea of one copying another company is not that bad. If an idea is successful for someone else, why not capitalize on it? Companies do this all the time

TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH!!

Nintendo Life moderator and Tingle duck.

TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky