Forums

Topic: Pac-Man Museum is now cancelled on Wii U and 3DS

Posts 41 to 56 of 56

OdnetninAges

kkslider5552000 wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Well, this sucks. The excuse doesn't make too much sense, either.

Guess I'll have to find a copy of Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions if I want to play Championship Edition on the go...

Is Pacman Championship Edition in that game? Because I thought it was just the 2 new games they advertised it as.

It comes with Pac-Man, Pac-Man: Championship Edition, Pac-Man Tilt (new), Galaga, Galaga Legions, and Galaga 3D Impact (New).

Not as big of a collection as Pac-Man Museum, but it should be cheap enough by now at retail to warrent a purchase (for me, at least).

It'd also be nice if it was on the eShop...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

rockodoodle

I'd think that a 40m install base would be appealing for this with the 3ds at least.

rockodoodle

CrazyOtto

Sean_Aaron wrote:

That sucks. Does ghostly adventures have any retro content?

No, it instead has single player mini games.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

ejamer

I understand for Wii U due to install base, but am surprised that it's cancelled on 3DS. Maybe they had trouble making the game work on the weaker system specs? Doesn't seem like it should be a problem given the retro nature... but if they coded for the most powerful systems first without thinking about optimization for lesser platforms then it wouldn't be a surprise to see this type of issue.

Not sure I'm that upset. Probably wouldn't have bought this anyway - definitely not unless it was already heavily marked down.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Sean_Aaron

MrSRArter wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

That sucks. Does ghostly adventures have any retro content?

No, it instead has single player mini games.

I'm going to have to re-read that review before deciding on a purchase then. I've got Pac-Man games on my Mac via MAME and on my Japanese Wii - shame Namco seems to only want to be a gun-for-hire on Wii U...

Maybe Nintendo should buy Bandai-Namco - then we'd get it for sure!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

sugarpixel

...darn. I would've been looking forward to the 3DS version... at least I can already play Pac-Man on my 3DS... one copy of Pac-Man per system is good enough for me!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

DudeSean

Nintendo has Namco help make one of their best selling titles and this is how Namco treats Nintendo? Surprising.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

GuSolarFlare

DudeSean wrote:

Nintendo has Namco help make one of their best selling titles and this is how Namco treats Nintendo? Surprising.

maybe there won't be Namco characters in the game and they did it as payback

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SheldonRandoms

Maybe Namco thought this place was packed, man, so they cancelled the 3DS and Wii U versions.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SavoirFaire

3DS underpowered..for PacMan... I don't buy it as a power issue for either console. I would expect it has to do with multiplayer online component.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

GuSolarFlare

SavoirFaire wrote:

3DS underpowered..for PacMan... I don't buy it as a power issue for either console. I would expect it has to do with multiplayer online component.

wait, they actually said it was underpowered?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SavoirFaire

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Responding to a previous comment about weaker system specs.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

WiiWareWave

SavoirFaire wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Responding to a previous comment about weaker system specs.

Namco did indeed state this as one of their reasons which is absolutely not true, but oh well...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MasterHiggins

The cancellation that has made me most upset was the James Pond one last year, was really looking forward to that one.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.