Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 301 to 320 of 468

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bazly

301. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

I understand where you are coming from but here's the thing I think that you need to understand. Nintendo has chosen to give you the option to play Wii games on the "Wii U" by providing the "Wii Mode" option that is essentially just a Wii built into your Wii U. It will be nothing more and nothing less.

I think you're the one who is misunderstanding me: I am FINE with playing my games in Wii Mode. I don't think it was the greatest decision on their part, but I'm okay with it, I enjoy it. Really for me it becomes a matter of storage. The system has a 32 gigabyte harddrive and currently mine has save data for Nintendoland and Super Mario Bros Wii U on it. Even just adding that functionality would have been a massive improvement over what they chose to do, and still would have been really simple to pull off.

Also: if you explain to me what Wii Mode is one more time, I'm just not going to bother replying. I understood what it was when I got the system. :P

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

302. Posted:

@Bankai: I know you know better than to complain about Nintendo's practices and I know you are always the first in line to suggest that the video game industry get paid its due. If I'm to make an assumption of someone on here I will make sure I have read a couple of their posts to know their style. :)

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

303. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

@Bankai: I know you know better than to complain about Nintendo's practices and I know you are always the first in line to suggest that the video game industry get paid its due. If I'm to make an assumption of someone on here I will make sure I have read a couple of their posts to know their style. :)

...crap, he's on to me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

304. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

@Bankai: I know you know better than to complain about Nintendo's practices and I know you are always the first in line to suggest that the video game industry get paid its due. :) If I'm to make an assumption of someone on here I will make sure I have read a couple of their posts to know their style. :)

Exactly. So if I was running a company I would not be bending over backwards to give away free stuff. However, subsidising a few cents so I have a service that is seen as customer - friendly as my competition? Yes, I would do that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

305. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It doesn't matter. Work is work. You get paid the same amount of money whether you're working on par, or above par. At my old job, I had a 2860% efficiency rate compared to other workers that had a 60-80% efficiency rate over a span of 5 months. We all got paid the same ammount regardless.

And once again, the engineers that made the emulator do not get paid from those $1s. They get paid from Nintendo's accounts.

I would hate to be the accountant that ran the system that you guys are suggesting. And spare a thought for those hardware guys. Nintendo is loss leading with the Wii U hardware, so that must mean the hardware employees must be paying Nintendo :(

Nintendo has to make money to pay their workers. Besides, I've heard they raised the price by a dollar for the updated versions if you didn't have them before. $4+$1(update)=$5 vs. $5 with the update included with the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

306. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

[Besides, I've heard they raised the price by a dollar for the updated versions if you didn't have them before. $4+$1(update)=$5 vs. $5 with the update included with the game.

Wait, what? Are you saying NES games are gonna be $6 on the Wii U? Because they were certainly never $4 on the Wii.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

307. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

[Besides, I've heard they raised the price by a dollar for the updated versions if you didn't have them before. $4+$1(update)=$5 vs. $5 with the update included with the game.

Wait, what? Are you saying NES games are gonna be $6 on the Wii U? Because they were certainly never $4 on the Wii.

This is just an example. $5 straight up if you didn't have them before with the update forced onto consumers, or keep your $4 version without the update.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

308. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It doesn't matter. Work is work. You get paid the same amount of money whether you're working on par, or above par. At my old job, I had a 2860% efficiency rate compared to other workers that had a 60-80% efficiency rate over a span of 5 months. We all got paid the same ammount regardless.

And once again, the engineers that made the emulator do not get paid from those $1s. They get paid from Nintendo's accounts.

I would hate to be the accountant that ran the system that you guys are suggesting. And spare a thought for those hardware guys. Nintendo is loss leading with the Wii U hardware, so that must mean the hardware employees must be paying Nintendo :(

Nintendo has to make money to pay their workers. Besides, I've heard they raised the price by a dollar for the updated versions if you didn't have them before. $4+$1(update)=$5 vs. $5 with the update included with the game.

Nintendo makes money to pay its workers. It made money before this $1 fee, it's going to keep making money after everyone who is interested in doing so has paid the $1 fee.

Anyone who thinks that this $1 fee is directly going into the accounts of Nintendo's employees needs to go back to school.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

309. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

[Besides, I've heard they raised the price by a dollar for the updated versions if you didn't have them before. $4+$1(update)=$5 vs. $5 with the update included with the game.

Wait, what? Are you saying NES games are gonna be $6 on the Wii U? Because they were certainly never $4 on the Wii.

This is just an example. $5 straight up if you didn't have them before with the update forced onto consumers, or keep your $4 version without the update.

I think what he is trying to say is that your Wii VC game that you bought for 5 dollars is old, it is no longer worth 5 dollars. So this means that you can buy the "DLC" to enhance your old version for only a buck. So while yes you bought a old version of the game for 5 dollars years ago, now there is a new version that is worth 5 dollars but rather than making you buy it all again you only need to get the 1 dollar "DLC" to make it the same game.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

310. Posted:

@DefHalen
Yes, that is better wording for it.
@Bankai
Well, I don't think anyones really making profit at all. They're already selling Wii U consoles at a loss. You get what you pay for.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

311. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
Yes, that is better wording for it.
@Bankai
Well, I don't think anyones really making profit at all. They're already selling Wii U consoles at a loss. You get what you pay for.

Sigh. People keep saying that, and people keep ignoring people who explain that to them.

Selling a console at a loss =/= losing money on the console. The far higher margin in each piece of software and licensing fees means its in Nintendo's best interest to lose money on the Wii U and make sure millions of people have them.

Company finances work differently to the money in your bank account. You need to think about them in a different way.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

312. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

313. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Nope, Nintendo doesn't need it nor should they get it because after all it's just not fair and its not what Playstation does.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

314. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Given Nintendo keeps massive cash reserves, I wouldn't be surprised if it does literally go into the bank and stay there.

Or Nintendo will throw a killer Christmas part this year for the employees. It's not likely to generate enough revenue to do much more than that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

315. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Nope, Nintendo doesn't need it nor should they get it because after all it's just not fair and its not what Playstation does.

Apple doesn't do it either, and with all due respect to every other company on the planet, Apple has the best business model. That's simple fact.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

316. Posted:

@Bankai
Are you saying that Apple doesn't charge you when they make a small enhancement to a product out on the market?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

317. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

@Bankai
Are you saying that Apple doesn't charge you when they make a small enhancement to a product out on the market?

Apple doesn't charge you to play iPhone games on you iPad, or stream them to your Apple TV over AirPlay.

Nice try though. Missing the point since hardware and software require entirely different business models, but keep chugging along.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

318. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Nope, Nintendo doesn't need it nor should they get it because after all it's just not fair and its not what Playstation does.

Apple doesn't do it either, and with all due respect to every other company on the planet, Apple has the best business model. That's simple fact.

Simple fact, how? Because you say so?

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

319. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

Oh, so I guess they won't use the money they'll get from the 1$ upgrade then. >___>

Nope, Nintendo doesn't need it nor should they get it because after all it's just not fair and its not what Playstation does.

Apple doesn't do it either, and with all due respect to every other company on the planet, Apple has the best business model. That's simple fact.

Simple fact, how? Because you say so?

Protip: Check the various metrics for businesses - share prices, market capitalisation, profit margins.

I didn't opinion those into existence.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

320. Posted:

@Bankai
It is true that Apple doesn't charge you to play software on their other machines but they don't monitor the software that much. It is not guaranteed that all software is playable on both. (It has been awhile since I last did research on this) Some older titles may not work on iPad. Apple makes hardware, Apple charges full price when they make the slightest change to that hardware. (How many iPhones have their been in how many years? Do they sell it at a loss?)

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan