Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 281 to 300 of 468

AuthorMessage

brooks83

281. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I think one way to alleviate people's dissapointment in this, at least for me, would be to allow people who bought the game on the Wii to upgrade their games before the games become available on the Wii U's VC. That would be a nice little bonus for supporting the VC on the Wii.

or, they could let you have access to the games in question years before they finally become available as Wii U VC titles. sounds like a helluva bonus to me!

That's what I meant. And if they did that I would have absolutely no problem paying the upgrade fee. Who knows how long it will be before some of these games get released again lol.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

brooks83

282. Posted:

I also wonder if the emulation will be better this time around. Will we finally see controller pak and rumble support for N64 games? Will the washed out colors of SMB3 (and other NES titles?) be corrected? I'm hoping yes. It would make the upgrade fee easier to swallow that's for sure.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

283. Posted:

It is the same thing as buying an updated version of a game in the store. A game is release awhile ago, lets say you paid 5 dollars for it. Now it is a few years later that game isn't worth 5 dollars but the company releases a new version of the game with extra content. You can either pay the full price again in store, 5 dollars, or you can buy the DLC to upgrade your old version, for 1 dollar. You are not force to upgrade your game

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Bazly

284. Posted:

Again, the ONLY problem I have with this policy, is that my Wii VC games aren't actually able to be saved ON the Wii U's harddrive. My VC games take about 1 gig of space, and it's frustrating that I can't save those to my 32 gig harddrive, and still have to use a damn SD card. I understand paying for all of the new features, but they could AT LEAST make it so you can have the data saved somewhere actually - that's a pretty minor convenience and would take no time to implement.

It just feels like their most dedicated customers, who spend the most money on games, are constantly getting inconvenienced because they chose to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on their games. Some semblance of customer appreciation would be nice.

My Pushmo and Crashmo Levels
My "The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave" QR Codes
My "The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves" QR Codes
3DS Friend Code: 5370-0572-6471
Miiverse Username: iBazly

AuthorMessage

Ryno

285. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

I also wonder if the emulation will be better this time around. Will we finally see controller pak and rumble support for N64 games? Will the washed out colors of SMB3 (and other NES titles?) be corrected? I'm hoping yes. It would make the upgrade fee easier to swallow that's for sure.

Oh please yes, I hope they fixed the washed out NES colors.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

286. Posted:

Bazly wrote:

Again, the ONLY problem I have with this policy, is that my Wii VC games aren't actually able to be saved ON the Wii U's harddrive. My VC games take about 1 gig of space, and it's frustrating that I can't save those to my 32 gig harddrive, and still have to use a damn SD card. I understand paying for all of the new features, but they could AT LEAST make it so you can have the data saved somewhere actually - that's a pretty minor convenience and would take no time to implement.

It just feels like their most dedicated customers, who spend the most money on games, are constantly getting inconvenienced because they chose to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on their games. Some semblance of customer appreciation would be nice.

The are providing "customer appreciation" by allowing you the option to purchase a license to play an enhanced VC game on your Wii U for only $1- $1.50 instead of the normal price.
Wii Mode is essentially a Wii in your Wii U with all the rights and limitations that come with what you agreed to when you purchased stuff from the Wii Shop.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

287. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I think one way to alleviate people's dissapointment in this, at least for me, would be to allow people who bought the game on the Wii to upgrade their games before the games become available on the Wii U's VC. That would be a nice little bonus for supporting the VC on the Wii.

or, they could let you have access to the games in question years before they finally become available as Wii U VC titles. sounds like a helluva bonus to me!

That's what I meant. And if they did that I would have absolutely no problem paying the upgrade fee. Who knows how long it will be before some of these games get released again lol.

er... you kinda missed my point. You've already had access to most of your Wii VC collection for years prior to their re-release as Wii U VC titles. That's your 'bonus' if you choose to pay the buck (or buck fiddy, idk) to upgrade to the Wii U VC version. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

288. Posted:

If this really irks people , they can maybe send a mail to Nintendo if they have a good reason of their discontent. Rant mail doesn't count.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

289. Posted:

@Ryno
Ya, the NES emulations are piss poor in the color depratment. All of the games look completely washed out and colorless even using component cables. You should see how terrible the color is via composite. You have to max the color on your TV to even get a close representation(Then again, I've toyed around with some CRT's that have a very wide color gamut and the color when maxed looke fantastic) of how NES games would look via component color wise. Even then, it doesn't come close. I refuse to play NES games on my plasma, because the color gamut on my plasma when maxed doesn't make these poor NES emulations look as colorful as they should. SNES, Genesis and N64 VC emulations on the other hand color-wise and everyhing else look perfect.

Nintendo needs to fix this annoying problem....Haven't they even realised it?
Yet I'm sure very few people have sent in complaints.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

290. Posted:

Nintendo has abandoned us, their loyal fans :'( They are doom!

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Bankai

291. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

It doesn't matter. Work is work. You get paid the same amount of money whether you're working on par, or above par. At my old job, I had a 2860% efficiency rate compared to other workers that had a 60-80% efficiency rate over a span of 5 months. We all got paid the same ammount regardless.

And once again, the engineers that made the emulator do not get paid from those $1s. They get paid from Nintendo's accounts.

I would hate to be the accountant that ran the system that you guys are suggesting. And spare a thought for those hardware guys. Nintendo is loss leading with the Wii U hardware, so that must mean the hardware employees must be paying Nintendo :(

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

292. Posted:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Bazly

293. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Bazly wrote:

The are providing "customer appreciation" by allowing you the option to purchase a license to play an enhanced VC game on your Wii U for only $1- $1.50 instead of the normal price.
Wii Mode is essentially a Wii in your Wii U with all the rights and limitations that come with what you agreed to when you purchased stuff from the Wii Shop.

Yes, but the fact that "Wii Mode" can't even make use of the system's harddrive is ridiculous, plain and simple. Sure, when I purchased stuff from the Wii Shop I was never expecting to have a harddrive available to save those games on, so I knew I would be using an SD card. Now, 6 years later, sure, they don't owe that to me - they aren't obligated to make it so that my games can be saved to the new system's harddrive in some way...

But it would have been SUCH an easy thing for them to implement with very very very little effort required on their part. I REALLY don't think it's asking for much, I'm being PRETTY reasonable. I am more than willing to pay for the upgrades eventually, and probably will, and probably will again for the next system if they expected us to.

But SURELY you can understand - I have well over $600 worth of VC games. The least they could do is not always take the easy way out when programming their systems so that my investment could feel a little bit more worthwhile. The way they handle these things doesn't really make me enthusiastic about CONTINUING to purchase digital content from them.

AuthorMessage

brooks83

294. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

er... you kinda missed my point. You've already had access to most of your Wii VC collection for years prior to their re-release as Wii U VC titles. That's your 'bonus' if you choose to pay the buck (or buck fiddy, idk) to upgrade to the Wii U VC version. :3

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not in your original reply, but looks like you were. I don't think my suggestion was unreasonable though. If I bought the Wii VC version of Super Mario World, for example, why not let me pay the upgrade fee now to play it on the Wii U with the upgraded features before it gets released to the general public three years from now? And yes I realize obviously not every Wii VC game is ready to go yet for the Wii U's VC, but I think you can see my point.

In fact, I see that as a win win for everyone. VC enthusiasts will be happy to have their games with the new features on the Wii U. Everyone talking about how we should be paying Nintendo extra for the new features will be happy. And Nintendo will get their money now rather than when they finally decide to trickle the game out. After all, a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Bankai

295. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

But Nintendo gets paid the one dollars so they can pay the engineers :O So in a way it does pay them.

Most of the profitable revenue at Nintendo comes from game sales and licensing. That is what pays Nintendo's staff.

AuthorMessage

Bazly

296. Posted:

As for the colours discussion: does anyone have some examples? I actually think Wii Mode on the Wii U looks A LOT nicer than the Wii. I would be interested to see a comparison of all three: originals, Wii, and Wii Mode on Wii U.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

297. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I would hate to be the accountant that ran the system that you guys are suggesting.

I would love to be a customer of the company you were running. I would get so much free stuff because you would bend over for all us customers to make us so happy.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Bazly

298. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not in your original reply, but looks like you were. I don't think my suggestion was unreasonable though. If I bought the Wii VC version of Super Mario World, for example, why not let me pay the upgrade fee now to play it on the Wii U with the upgraded features before it gets released to the general public three years from now? And yes I realize obviously not every Wii VC game is ready to go yet for the Wii U's VC, but I think you can see my point.

Or even simpler: allow people to pay the fee now, have the games saved onto the system, but without all of the features that they will later have. Like the 3DS Ambassador games! Once a game was released to the public, and update comes out giving your copy the full features, while the others still are just emulated.

They've SHOWN US that they already know how to do it and are CHOOSING not to. Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

299. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Bankai wrote:

I would hate to be the accountant that ran the system that you guys are suggesting.

I would love to be a customer of the company you were running. I would get so much free stuff because you would bend over for all us customers to make us so happy.

This is what happens when people who don't know anything about a person make assumptions.

Stick around long enough an you will quickly realise how silly that jab is, buddy :P

AuthorMessage

Ryno

300. Posted:

Bazly wrote:

Yes, but the fact that "Wii Mode" can't even make use of the system's harddrive is ridiculous, plain and simple. Sure, when I purchased stuff from the Wii Shop I was never expecting to have a harddrive available to save those games on, so I knew I would be using an SD card. Now, 6 years later, sure, they don't owe that to me - they aren't obligated to make it so that my games can be saved to the new system's harddrive in some way...

But it would have been SUCH an easy thing for them to implement with very very very little effort required on their part. I REALLY don't think it's asking for much, I'm being PRETTY reasonable. I am more than willing to pay for the upgrades eventually, and probably will, and probably will again for the next system if they expected us to.

But SURELY you can understand - I have well over $600 worth of VC games. The least they could do is not always take the easy way out when programming their systems so that my investment could feel a little bit more worthwhile. The way they handle these things doesn't really make me enthusiastic about CONTINUING to purchase digital content from them.

I understand where you are coming from but here's the thing I think that you need to understand. Nintendo has chosen to give you the option to play Wii games on the "Wii U" by providing the "Wii Mode" option that is essentially just a Wii built into your Wii U. It will be nothing more and nothing less.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery