Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 221 to 240 of 468

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

221. Posted:

It's 1 friggin' dollar more, people.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

222. Posted:

Im still upset at Nintendo 22 years later for not providing me with a NES adatper so I could play my NES games on my SNES. #sarcasm

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Bankai

223. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Define "right".

If you don't care about your rights as a consumer and like companies effing you up, then I suppose you can consider them ''right''. But I suppose there's no such thing as ''right'' or ''wrong'', so what do I know?

Nah, TBD's right - Nintendo's well within its rights (moral and legal) to do this. That much is not really disputable.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

224. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Define "right".

If you don't care about your rights as a consumer and like companies effing you up, then I suppose you can consider them ''right''. But I suppose there's no such thing as ''right'' or ''wrong'', so what do I know?

It's a dollar.
It's optional.
The game is transferred over for free anyway, so the option to play in the fashion that the consumer bought it in (as a Wii VC game) is still there.

You know what effing consumers up is? When you want to replay Rolando on your 2nd gen ipod touch but can't because you updated it and it makes it so the game can only be played on 4th gen or up devices despite the fact that it was perfectly playable on your device before.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Hokori

225. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Right as in, acceptable. As in, this is unacceptable.

Hokori wrote:

Like those games were in 16-Bit, these are in HD

Nintendo is remaking every VC title in HD for only $.99? What a deal.

They're technically in HD, since most say HD makes a difference and I usually say I can't see it... Well can U see it now? :P

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

226. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It's 1 friggin' dollar more, people.

For every individual Virtual Console title. It adds up for a lot of us.

Hokori wrote:

They're technically in HD, since most say HD makes a difference and I usually say I can't see it... Well can U see it now? :P

1080p resolution is different than actual HD.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

227. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Define "right".

Uh, rights? What rights as a consumer to you have here? You're confusing "rights" with "entitlements" Nintendo can charge whatever they want for their services, just like Apple and Sony.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Knux

228. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

[Uh, rights? What rights as a consumer to you have here? You're confusing "rights" with "entitlements" Nintendo can charge whatever they want for their services, just like Apple and Sony.

So as a consumer, I have no ''rights'' at all? Good to know. I guess my wallet will show how many ''rights'' I have. And really Waltz, you shouldn't support this when you know that it's wrong. Just saying...

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

moomoo

229. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

[Uh, rights? What rights as a consumer to you have here? You're confusing "rights" with "entitlements" Nintendo can charge whatever they want for their services, just like Apple and Sony.

So as a consumer, I have no ''rights'' at all? Good to know. I guess my wallet will show how many ''rights'' I have. And really Waltz, you shouldn't support this when you know that it's wrong. Just saying...

How is it morally or legally wrong to charge someone for additional content that was never promised for people that bought the original content orginally?

It's okay to feel miffed, but to say it's wrong from those applicable standpoints seems far-fetched.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

230. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

No you really don't. It's their service, not yours. Also, you agree to their terms (just like Sony and Apple) when you use their services. Just saying...

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

231. Posted:

@theblackdragon I was originally thinking of posting that picture but decided against it. This particular thread is getting quite heated, with people getting close to personal attacks. Best not to add fuel to the fire.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

232. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Well, peeps, if you want to know the reason that the industry is flagging, it's because of that. Cheap gamers that refuse to support the products they claim to love.

That doesn't apply, given that I've already bought the game, and therefore supported the industry. Try again.

I was just playing. I'm happy to see you all fired up over a price issue.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

233. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Coming from the guy that had an argument with me a year or so ago because of a Netflix price hike,

I honestly dont remember that one.

Here you go: it was actually two years ago: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/netflix...

Well I feel sheepish. I guess this is the same thing as that. Point taken Waltz.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Bankai

234. Posted:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

It annoys me (a great, great deal) because it is by far the most obnoxious approach to digital transfers of all platform holders. The irony that the "family friendly white knight" Nintendo is gouging consumers amuses me and frustrates me greatly.

But it's hardly wrong, illegal, immoral or anything else. It's a corporation being a corporation. This thread is also beneficial for me for the next time anyone complains about on-disc DLC, "having" to buy Disney miniatures, a game not being localised, or Nintendo being a better business than Sony/ Microsoft/ Apple.

It's not a price issue or anything like that, it's just that Nintendo's attitude towards digital transfers is embarrassing. Simple as that.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

moomoo

235. Posted:

@Bankai For what it's worth, On-Disc DLC is different in that the consumer has the possiblity of purchasing content they technically already own. That's not the case with Wii U VC transfers. They never owned the VC game on Wii U with all the additional features.

It'd be interesting to see the legal ramifications regarding on-disc DLC. If a person hacked into the game and obtained the DLC on the disc, would that be his or the publisher's? He did buy the disc after all.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

236. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Knux wrote:

LZBirdboi wrote:

It annoys me (a great, great deal) because it is by far the most obnoxious approach to digital transfers of all platform holders. The irony that the "family friendly white knight" Nintendo is gouging consumers amuses me and frustrates me greatly.

But it's hardly wrong, illegal, immoral or anything else. It's a corporation being a corporation. This thread is also beneficial for me for the next time anyone complains about on-disc DLC, "having" to buy Disney miniatures, a game not being localised, or Nintendo being a better business than Sony/ Microsoft/ Apple.

It's not a price issue or anything like that, it's just that Nintendo's attitude towards digital transfers is embarrassing. Simple as that.

I'll agree with moomoo on this one. On-disc "DLC" is a bit different because you technically bought the disc containing that content. You never bought the Virtual Console games on the WIi U itself and were guaranteed the newer features right away.

(On a side note I do find moomoo's question of legal hacking intriguing too)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

237. Posted:

@moomoo: that would probably fall under the realm of getting around digital lockouts, and it's not really an argument for this thread, I don't think. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Bankai

238. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@Bankai For what it's worth, On-Disc DLC is different in that the consumer has the possiblity of purchasing content they technically already own. That's not the case with Wii U VC transfers. They never owned the VC game on Wii U with all the additional features.

Technically players don't own on-disc DLC without the 6KB unlock file, actually.

AuthorMessage

AlbertoC

239. Posted:

@moomoo @LZBirdBoi

AlbertoC wrote:

By "buying" a VC game you're just giving them money, then getting a license to use the software. It isn't and never was really yours. By buying physical copies you actually own the cartridge. The software is still licensed to you, but the cartridge is truly yours.

So getting "DLC" content by tampering with the coding is not legal, because that code isn't yours and you aren't free to access or modify it. This applies to the topic at hand as well. You purchase a license for using the software you download or get on a cartridge (But it's another reason to prefer physical over digital. You truly own the disc / cartridge you have on your hands.)

(@TBD: Sorry if i posted this before, accidentally deleted the post that used to be up there)

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

AuthorMessage

moomoo

240. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Technically players don't own on-disc DLC without the 6KB unlock file, actually.

Do you know where I could find that legal documentation?

Now, I believe it's there. However, there might be some conflicting laws regarding the practice. When a consumer buys a video game, do they own the entire disk or parts of it? What constitutes what belongs to the owner and the publisher in this case, since for any other physical good it is very clear that the consumer owns the product fully.

If a lawsuit occurs regarding a person hacking into a disc they owned to obtain locked content, I'll make sure to watch it. It's bound to settle that issue.

@AlbertoC That's just it though. That "DLC" was already on the cartridge. Is it legal to get it or not?

Best thread ever