Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 201 to 220 of 468

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

201. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Nintendo is being anti-consumer and gouging. No cross-compatibility with the 3DS - I can't just copy my existing copy of Balloon Pop over - and the Wii U can't even stream Wii VC games without costing extra.

Well, peeps, if you want to know the reason that the industry is flagging, it's because of that. Cheap gamers that refuse to support the products they claim to love.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

202. Posted:

@Bankai In my world those firmware updates are optional and don't effect other firmware updates. So yes, I'm fine with it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

203. Posted:

@Bankai At this point, it really depends on how people view money and software (which means completely subjective). Software and updates have always been a moral grey zone with quite an amount of support for both sides of the argument. There really is no right answer and to assume otherwise would be naive at best.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

204. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

For what it's worth, it's not like I justify every one of Nintendo's actions. I think they way overprice the vast majority of their games on VC (I'm sorry, I can buy Vagrant Story on PSN for $6. It makes charging as much as they do seem ludicrous). I also find it odd that this isn't offered for 3DS, since there are many Wii VC owners that have 3DS systems and would like to play games they already have, and since Nintendo is able to know who has what through Club Nintendo, it's pretty stupid that this isn't offered for 3DS.

I completely agree with everything you said here. I think that Nintendo should do with the NES games like they do the Gameboy games, and that's charge a dollar or two less for some of the early or simple games like Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong or Yoshi. And yeah the fact that there's no transfer options for the 3DS is pretty lame. Hopefully Nintendo will give us a way eventually to at least be able to transfer the NES games that are on the 3DS VC that we've already bought for the Wii VC, kind of like what Sony does for some of their games.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

205. Posted:

If you already have the games you get the Wii U version for only 1 dollar! Think of the gamepad and Miiverse as DLC. It's really not that big of a deal.
I don't care.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

206. Posted:

I want a group of people to make a list of problems Nintendo has had/does have currently that is more important than this just to illustrate how little I care.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

207. Posted:

Not sure if this has already been said or not, but you can also customize the controls for the Wii U version of the games. There's another great reason to make the upgrade for some games.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

willobee

208. Posted:

Nintendo has to pay employees to add the coding to the games for Miiverse, Gamepad, etc. Further, just because you own one digital copy of a game doesn't mean you own every digital copy of it. You bough it on Wii, you can continue to play it on Wii. Nothing has changed. It's like buying a new car, then when a slightly updated model comes out a while later, you are not entitled to it.

Just my thoughts.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Bankai

209. Posted:

Well, peeps, if you want to know the reason that the industry is flagging, it's because of that. Cheap gamers that refuse to support the products they claim to love.

That doesn't apply, given that I've already bought the game, and therefore supported the industry. Try again.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

210. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Why should this be free?

Because it utilizes features the Wii U is based around, i.e. Miiverse, gamepad use, and the activity log. Something I find would be very fun to take advantage. I'm so sorry I want to enjoy the most out of the games I buy and the system I paid for.

You bought and paid for a Wii, which is what you purchased your VC titles on. You didn't buy them for a Wii U, you bought them for your Wii. Nintendo has graciously provided you the option to transfer these games to your Wii U if you like, but you didn't buy them for that system, therefore they're under no obligation to provide a version recoded to utilize the features of your new console for free.

I'm not saying it's you personally who's been gung-ho for buying digital vs. physical, Chrono, but I know for a fact Waltz has been all for it — this is what happens when you buy things digitally, and I guess for some of y'all it's a 'worst case scenario' kind of deal. You purchased a license to play your VC titles on a Wii, with no GamePad, no Miiverse, no savestates. The agreement between Nintendo and you when you purchased the game was laid out quite clearly in the fine print. They don't have to provide you a free copy of the Wii U VC version of your Wii VC title no matter how much you want them to do so. It'd certainly be nice if they did, but they have the right to decide against it.

Gamesake wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Nintendo is being anti-consumer and gouging. No cross-compatibility with the 3DS - I can't just copy my existing copy of Balloon Pop over - and the Wii U can't even stream Wii VC games without costing extra.

Untitled
i feel like i've been using this image quite a bit lately :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

211. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

That doesn't apply, given that I've already bought the game, and therefore supported the industry. Try again.

Go back a page or two for my argument ;) (for rebuying physical games as digital)

Edited on by WaLzgi

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

212. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Well keep supporting it then! :P

Hang on! I shall use my powers of foresight to predict what you might potentially post:

BankaiFromTheFuture wrote:

Why should I?

Then don't. See? Choices.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Bankai

213. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Well keep supporting it then! :P

Hang on! I shall use my powers of foresight to predict what you might potentially post:

BankaiFromTheFuture wrote:

Why should I?

Then don't. See? Choices.

I already said I was going to likely upgrade all of my games, since I like the idea of playing them on the GamePad.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

214. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

who cares?

It's straight-to-the-point comments like this that make me like you. :)
Wholeheartedly agreed. This thread is little more than annoying and ridiculous whiny rants.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

215. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

who cares?

It's straight-to-the-point comments like this that make me like you. :)
Wholeheartedly agreed. This thread is little more than annoying and ridiculous whiny rants.

/me glomps shpy :* :* :* :* :* :*

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Knux

216. Posted:

Just wanted to say this. Just because many (too many in my book) gamers are ready to support this atrocious business decision by Nintendo, it doesn't make it right. Enough people bought Sonic 06 to make it a Platinum Hit, and a decent number loved the game for some bizarre reason (don't even ask), but that still doesn't make it right. When developers started to charge microtransactions in games that you already paid for like how EA does in Dead Space 3 and some people accept it, that still doesn't make it right. Nintendo putting friends codes in every game during the Wii and DS era wasn't right. And I shouldn't have to bring Capcom into this.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if a second video game crash will happen in my lifetime. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

217. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Just wanted to say this. Just because many (too many in my book) gamers are ready to support this atrocious business decision by Nintendo, it doesn't make it right. Enough people bought Sonic 06 to make it a Platinum Hit, and a decent number loved the game for some bizarre reason (don't even ask), but that still doesn't make it right. When developers started to charge microtransactions in games that you already paid for like how EA does in Dead Space 3 and some people accept it, that still doesn't make it right. Nintendo putting friends codes in every game during the Wii and DS era wasn't right. And I shouldn't have to bring Capcom into this.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if a second video game crash will happen in my lifetime. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Define "right".

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Hokori

218. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario All Stars was a remake. This is completely different.

The Wii U shouldn't even have a Wii Mode to be quite honest. That's just lazy to begin with. And now Nintendo is letting do something every Wii U owner should have been to through an update. That's good, no problems there.

But in order to play them on your gamepad and have restore points you need to pay additional money for "additional features" with each and every VC title?

Explain to me, thoroughly, how that is, in any way, necessary.?

Like those games were in 16-Bit, these are in HD

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

219. Posted:

Right as in, acceptable. As in, this is unacceptable.

Hokori wrote:

Like those games were in 16-Bit, these are in HD

Nintendo is remaking every VC title in HD for only $.99? What a deal.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Knux

220. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Define "right".

If you don't care about your rights as a consumer and like companies effing you up, then I suppose you can consider them ''right''. But I suppose there's no such thing as ''right'' or ''wrong'', so what do I know?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990