Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 161 to 180 of 468

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

161. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario All Stars was a remake. This is completely different.

The Wii U shouldn't even have a Wii Mode to be quite honest. That's just lazy to begin with. And now Nintendo is letting do something every Wii U owner should have been to through an update. That's good, no problems there.

But in order to play them on your gamepad and have restore points you need to pay additional money for "additional features" with each and every VC title?

Explain to me, thoroughly, how that is, in any way, necessary.?

Coding and such. Peoples time equals money. You dont work for free do you?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

162. Posted:

Proper annoyed mate, it just annoys me that I have to pay than the guy who hasn't bought the game yet so in reality I end up paying say £8.00 where and he/she only pays like £6.50.
The prices I was just using as an example with the £1.50 difference
Nintendo very unfair to people who have supported VC since Day One

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Ryno

163. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The Wii U shouldn't even have a Wii Mode to be quite honest. That's just lazy to begin with. And now Nintendo is letting do something every Wii U owner should have been to through an update. That's good, no problems there.

But in order to play them on your gamepad and have restore points you need to pay additional money for "additional features" with each and every VC title?

Explain to me, thoroughly, how that is, in any way, necessary.?

Best way to explain Wii Mode is that it is a fully virtualized Wii system inside of your Wii U, with all of the limitations and privileges therein. (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/guide/32537) You want to play Wii VC games? Then play in Wii mode. You want to play Wii U VC games you have to pay $1 - $1.50 more. Thanks Nintendo for giving us some options.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Burning_Spear

164. Posted:

When I purchased Super Mario Bros. 3 off the Virtual Console in 2009, I paid $5 to play the game on my Wii. That was the deal.

Now Wii U is out, and Nintendo is saying, "Hey guess what? If your Wii is starting to get creaky or you don't have room for two consoles, transfer SMB3 to your Wii U and get another five or six years out of it." That's a free bonus I was never offered.

So why is it unreasonable for me to pay another dollar if I decide I can't live without a save state and GamePad compatibility?

If that's an unreasonable deal, why then should I not have been permitted to simply trade in my original SMB3 cartridge for the VC edition? After all, I purchased it once. Why should I have to purchase it again? I should get the game preloaded free on every Nintendo console that ever comes out. And when I croak my kids should inherit the right. Hell, Nintendo should set up one of those funds like they have for the asbestos victims — a fund that will survive the company's eventual demise and pay for me and my descendents to play SMB3 until the Mayans' prophecy comes true.

I'll bet half the people complaining have purchased a Blueray disc of a movie they already had on DVD or VHS; paid SIriusXM to get a home radio to play the same songs they already hear in their car; paid to see Finding Nemo in 3D eight years after they saw it in 2D; bought something off iTunes that they already owned on CD or vinyl; or bought a pay-per-view movie two Saturdays in a row because it was good enough to watch twice. Some of these people are also paying 14 bucks a month to play XBox games online despite owning physical copies of the games.

Edited on by Burning_Spear

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage

Ryno

165. Posted:

@Burning_Spear: Well said.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

166. Posted:

Burning_Spear wrote:

When I purchased Super Mario Bros. 3 off the Virtual Console in 2009, I paid $5 to play the game on my Wii. That was the deal.

Now Wii U is out, and Nintendo is saying, "Hey guess what? If your Wii is starting to get creaky or you don't have room for two consoles, transfer SMB3 to your Wii U and get another five or six years out of it." That's a free bonus I was never offered.

So why is it unreasonable for me to pay another dollar if I decide I can't live without a save state and GamePad compatibility?

If that's an unreasonable deal, why then should I not have been permitted to simply trade in my original SMB3 cartridge for the VC edition? After all, I purchased it once. Why should I have to purchase it again? I should get the game preloaded free on every Nintendo console that ever comes out. And when I croak my kids should inherit the right. Hell, Nintendo should set up one of those funds like they have for the asbestos victims — a fund that will survive the company's eventual demise and pay for me and my descendents to play SMB3 until the Mayans' prophecy comes true.

I'll bet half the people complaining have purchased a Blueray disc of a movie they already had on DVD or VHS; paid SIriusXM to get a home radio to play the same songs they already hear in their car; paid to see Finding Nemo in 3D eight years after they saw it in 2D; bought something off iTunes that they already owned on CD or vinyl; or bought a pay-per-view movie two Saturdays in a row because it was good enough to watch twice. Some of these people are also paying 14 bucks a month to play XBox games online despite owning physical copies of the games.

YOu sir have just said what I have been thinking all of this time when people begin whinning about it. Totally agree with you.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

167. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I'm pretty sure the coders at Nintendo get paid just fine.

If it costed a certain amount of money for all VC games being playable on the gamepad, I could reason with that. Charging money for every individual game is unnecessary. For people with a lot of games, the price adds up. And most people don't have that kind of money to be spending it on an update that should've been free to begin with.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Ryno

168. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

If it costed a certain amount of money for all VC games being playable on the gamepad, I could reason with that. Charging money for every individual game is unnecessary. For people with a lot of games, the price adds up. And most people don't have that kind of money to be spending it on an update that should've been free to begin with.

Why should this be free?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

169. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I'm pretty sure the coders at Nintendo get paid just fine.

Simple solution. Dont pay and dont get the service thats all. Sorry but thing in life are never free everything has a price.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

170. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

They no make you pay. You make you pay.

Disagree. The limited space in the Wii mode of the Wii U, its inability to read SD cards and the lack of integration with the Activity Log and MiiVerse and such are all less-than-subtle ways for Nintendo to force users to 'upgrade'.

lolNintendo

Unless you are literally being force to buy game with gun at your face you are no need to make pay or even buy game for that matter. Why you no see what I trying to say? ;___;

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

171. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

Why should this be free?

Because it utilizes features the Wii U is based around, i.e. Miiverse, gamepad use, and the activity log. Something I find would be very fun to take advantage. I'm so sorry I want to enjoy the most out of the games I buy and the system I paid for.

Tasuki wrote:

Simple solution. Dont pay and dont get the service thats all. Sorry but thing in life are never free everything has a price.

System updates should be. They are on the other systems. Wii U should be, too.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

172. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Disagree. The limited space in the Wii mode of the Wii U, its inability to read SD cards and the lack of integration with the Activity Log and MiiVerse and such are all less-than-subtle ways for Nintendo to force users to 'upgrade'.

lolNintendo

Unless you are literally being force to buy game with gun at your face you are no need to make pay or even buy game for that matter. Why you no see what I trying to say? ;___;

No one forced people to buy on-disc DLC, Skylanders figures, EA games or Disney toys.

And yet plenty of Nintendo fans (including people in this thread) slammed those business models.

It seems the only company that's allowed to gouge is Nintendo.

And before people try and take a crack at me for being the opposite (i know some will anyway, but hey). My issue with Nintendo is that it is charging for a service that every other platform holder has managed to offer for free. Not that it is making money.

Every other platform holder. Sony is in dire financial difficulty and it manages to offer this service for free. Nintendo has like 30 years of cash in the bank, and it can't subsidise a dollar for the sake of its customers who have already supported Nintendo by buying the game in the first place?

And you people think Nintendo [cares about its fans?

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

173. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

lolNintendo

No one forced people to buy on-disc DLC, Skylanders figures, EA games or Disney toys.

And yet plenty of Nintendo fans (including people in this thread) slammed those business models.

And before people try and take a crack at me for being the opposite (i know some will anyway, but hey). My issue with Nintendo is that it is charging for a service that every other platform holder has managed to offer for free. Not that it is making money.

Every other platform holder. Sony is in dire financial difficulty and it manages to offer this service for free. Nintendo has like 30 years of cash in the bank, and it can't subsidise a dollar for the sake of its customers who have already supported Nintendo by buying the game in the first place?

Doesn't Sony charge you to DL games on the Vita that you owned on the UMD format or is that free? Do they charge you for PS2 games you already own or is that free? How about downloadable versions of PS1 games or is that free?

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

174. Posted:

Sony didn't charge me to play my downloaded PSN titles on my Vita. Nintendo does though.

Poor Sony programmers. Not getting paid enough and such.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

175. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

lolNintendo

Then why you use such confuse term like "they make me pay" when you are not be made to pay at all. Maybe you say "they want me to pay" or something that make easy to understand. Sometimes I am done with your shenanigans! :o

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

176. Posted:

Golly geez. Perhaps the following possible reasons is paranoia of piracy, poor monetization strategy, or simply greed. Perhaps it's also possible that some games need to be re-worked so it can be optimized for the gamepad, since there can be difference in resolutions that scale horribly. I really don't know the reason, but it has to exist :P

I won't be too bothered by this since I don't have much, but sorry about the loss for others.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

177. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Sony didn't charge me to play my downloaded PSN titles on my Vita. Nintendo does though.

Yes, poor them. Anywho, like the others have said. You don't wanna pay for it, don't get it. As for me, I'll happily pay $1 for the handful of titles that I would actually play on my Gamepad :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bankai

178. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

lolNintendo

Doesn't Sony charge you to DL games on the Vita that you owned on the UMD format or is that free? Do they charge you for PS2 games you already own or is that free? How about downloadable versions of PS1 games or is that free?

This ridiculous comparison again.

If you go and buy a physical copy of Warriors Orochi 3 on the Wii U, you still have to buy it again if you want to download it again as well. No one in their right mind would expect a free download to go with a physical copy purchase (though Sony is doing even that now).

I can download a copy of Final Fantasy VII off the PSN and play it on my PS3, Vita, and PSP. No extra charge, and I can take advantage of each console's features. For free. With Nintendo though, I have had to buy three copies of Balloon Fight.

If you can't see the difference then you're really not trying.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

179. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Well than go play your Vita and quit complaining about Nintendo. Just cause one company does something one way everyone has to do it that way?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Bankai

180. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

http://www.nintendolife.com/features

Well than go play your Vita and quit complaining about Nintendo. Just cause one company does something one way everyone has to do it that way?

Actually the point is that Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Valve all do the same thing (free transfer of games between devices, once you've paid for the license)

Nintendo's the odd one out (gimme money or you're stuck playing it without the funky new features of the Wii U).

So either Nintendo is so far behind the rest of the pack in terms of the digital age that it can't offer a service that everyone else can, or it's gouging.

Which is it?

Edited on by Bankai