Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 141 to 160 of 468

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

141. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

@Bankai: Nintendo is offering classic games from Nintendo consoles on a Nintendo console. They don't "need to be competitive" - there IS NO COMPETITION. Sony and Microsoft aren't selling NES and SNES games, so it really doesn't matter what they do.

That isn't how competition works.

And yes, Nintendo has to be competitive. It's a business.

It is? I don't think Nintendo has ever considered itself in competition, and it's worked well for them thus far. I'm willing to bet you plenty of money that they'll continue to succeed despite not being "competitive".

There's a reason Nintendo makes decisions like this. It works for them. Complain all you want but people will continue to throw them their money for features like this. I pay the price because the product is worth it to me.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

142. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

But you don't get it. You really don't get it. You're paying for extra features. You can still play them in Wii mode on your Wii U at no extra cost via a transfer. Nintendo's not taking that away.

No, you don't get it. The other devices all do the same thing - added features - at no cost.

The iPad streams to Apple TV in 1080p, and can use the iPad screen itself for additional features. The Vita/ PSP has game suspension features and customisable buttons that the PS3 version of PSOne Classics does not have.

These guys manage to do this stuff for free still. It's standardised as such.

It is? I don't think Nintendo has ever considered itself in competition, and it's worked well for them thus far. I'm willing to bet you plenty of money that they'll continue to succeed despite not being "competitive".

Nintendo's marketing rhetoric - the thing it feeds the journalists, is not the same as what goes on in the board meetings. Nintendo knows it is in competition with the other companies that makes games.

There's a reason Nintendo makes decisions like this. It works for them. Complain all you want but people will continue to throw them their money for features like this. I pay the price because the product is worth it to me.

I don't disagree.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

143. Posted:

I'm still very disappointed in you. What reason is there for them to be free? I'd rather Nintendo goes against the grain if it means they're the ones making money.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

144. Posted:

I have to spend extra money to transfer my Wii VC games and to be able to play them on the gamepad? Am I understanding this right?

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

145. Posted:

@Bankai: You realize people WILL pay for this anyway? How is that a bad business model? If they don't charge, they won't make anything. They charge $1, people will gripe but will still get them anyway.

Similarly, maybe I should point out how much Apple tried to charge me for to get my iPod repaired? Now I know why they make so much money >:[

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Knux

146. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I have to spend extra money to transfer my Wii VC games and to be able to play them on the gamepad? Am I understanding this right?

Oh, you can transfer your VC games to your Wii U for free. You can play your VC games on your Wii U for free, but it'll be just like how you play them on the Wii (no extras at all). But if you want any extra features (including playing them on the GamePad), you better cough up that cash. And if you have a lot of VC games like I do, it's going to be a hell of a lot of money that you're throwing away.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

147. Posted:

My brother lost his iPod nano 3rd gen game purchases on iTunes when we got a new computer, and the servers went down when I tried to boot up a Dead Rising save on Xbox 360.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Ryno

148. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not so much Chrono, you don't have to do anything. ;)

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

149. Posted:

so its actually only a dollar to upgrade each game not a dollar off the normal price? lol whew what a total misunderstanding i had with that :P

i dont have thousands ish titles but i wont upgrade them all at once only a few like donkey kong country but not the other 2 sequals at least for the time being once time pass for the feature being implemented

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

150. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Oh, you can transfer your VC games to your Wii U for free. You can play your VC games on your Wii U for free, but it'll be just like how you play them on the Wii (no extras at all). But if you want any extra features (including playing them on the GamePad), you better cough up that cash. And if you have a lot of VC games like I do, it's going to be a hell of a lot of money that you're throwing away.

I have to pay extra money on games I already bought, to play them on a next generation console I paid full price for, so I can play them on my gamepad with restore points?

Wow, Nintendo, you are an awful company. Way to pull an EA.

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

I still want to play my VC games on my gamepad. No one should have to pay extra money for something that should be free.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

151. Posted:

Maybe there wouldn't even be a Wii U VC if no one bought Wii VC games. You should take that into consideration...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

152. Posted:

Good thing I don't own very many VC games, then.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

153. Posted:

I thought Nintendo is selling Wii U at a loss. I guess the president of Nintendo really knows how to start some crazy rumors, huh? Buy, or not to buy, the decision is yours.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Ryno

154. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I have to pay extra money on games I already bought, to play them on a next generation console I paid full price for, so I can play them on my gamepad with restore points?

Wow, Nintendo, you are an awful company. Way to pull an EA.

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

I still want to play my VC games on my gamepad. No one should have to pay extra money for something that should be free.

I disagree with you that it should be free. Heck, as many have already stated you can play them for free on your Wii U in "Wii mode." When you bought your Wii VC games you agreed to the Wii Network Services User Agreement to play those games on your Wii and nothing else.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

155. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How is that suppose to be free? The Wii U is a separate console than the Wii. Should we have gotten Mario All Stars free during the SNES era so we can play the Mario games in 16 bit?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

156. Posted:

Is now a good time to finally read the Wii NETWORK SERVICES USER AGREEMENT (EULA) that those of us in the United States, Canada, or Latin America all agreed to when we first powered on our Wii?

Here's a snippet. The Wii Network Service is licensed to you for use on your Wii Console only in the United States, Canada, or Latin America.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/gi_system....

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

157. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Except for one thing: not all of the games will be available right away. Also, there's no guarantee they will all be ported anyway

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

158. Posted:

Super Mario All Stars was a remake. This is completely different.

The Wii U shouldn't even have a Wii Mode to be quite honest. That's just lazy to begin with. And now Nintendo is letting do something every Wii U owner should have been to through an update. That's good, no problems there.

But in order to play them on your gamepad and have restore points you need to pay additional money for "additional features" with each and every VC title?

Explain to me, thoroughly, how that is, in any way, necessary.?

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

159. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario All Stars was a remake. This is completely different.

The Wii U shouldn't even have a Wii Mode to be quite honest. That's just lazy to begin with. And now Nintendo is letting do something every Wii U owner should have been to through an update. That's good, no problems there.

But in order to play them on your gamepad and have restore points you need to pay additional money for "additional features" with each and every VC title?

Explain to me, thoroughly, how that is, in any way, necessary.?

More money for Nintendo. How is that never necessary? :3

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

160. Posted:

Also...did Iwata say we have to transfer them to Wii U to get the $1 per title deal?

My Retrologgery