Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Nintendo making us pay AGAIN for virtual console titles we have already purchased years ago **** WARNING: I'M UPSET ****

Showing 121 to 140 of 468

AuthorMessage

Bankai

121. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

@Bankai Then what were you trying to say? If I strip away all the layers of my understanding, I see nothing in your argument which contradicts what Nintendo is currently doing.

Sony give you a discount for the UMD's you own.

That's what Nintendo is doing.

Apple doesn't charge for Airplay.

Nintendo doesn't charge you for playing on your GamePad alone.

What is it that you want me to understand? What part of your argument are you trying to enforce? What is it that you think I'm missing?

I'm not talking about UMDs!
'
How can I make this simpler?

If I download Final Fantasy VII on my PlayStation 3 off the PSN and pay my $15 for it, I can play it on my Vita and PSP at no extra cost. I can even transfer saves.

The Vita version even comes with additional features, such as save states and customisable buttons.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

122. Posted:

It's impossible to just port VC to Wii U VC, which is what I think you guys were expecting. The fact is, is that Nintendo went out of their way to give you these features, and it apparently cost $1 worth of development fees to give you the extras.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

123. Posted:

who cares?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

124. Posted:

@Bankai Nintendo just entered the online world. What are you expecting from them? Sony makes money across 3 different industries. I don't even need to talk about Apple.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Bankai

125. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

@Bankai Nintendo just entered the online world. What are you expecting from them? Sony makes money across 3 different industries. I don't even need to talk about Apple.

Nintendo has just been entering the online world for years now.

Time to stop excusing poor practices. If Nintendo wants to be competitive - especially with the PS4 and Xbox 720 on the horizon - charging people three times to have their favourite game on the most recent hardware (3DS, their Wii purchase from years ago, and of course the Wii U 'upgrade') is just not on. Not when Sony and Microsoft only charge once for the exact same thing (a digital game).

AuthorMessage

KAHN

126. Posted:

yeah, i'm P-O'd too. why do i need to pay again for something i already paid for?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Chomposaur

127. Posted:

well this has gotten heated up since i last posted ..

Im done .. im not going to rant and rave any more on this situation. All i ask is for my Wii VC games to be playable on the WII U menu ... yes i can understand paying the extra money for the gamepad functionality, even if it is at a discount for people who have already owned it but why does the VC have to start from scratch ? Nintendo still owns the licence to still have all of the Wiis 400 something titles otherwise it wouldn't exist on the Wii shop channel mode. obviously Nintendo is a bushiness and it has to make money some how but not this way .. been angry and upset all day at this situation .. like i said im done arguing about this topic. Someone can lock it if they want

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

128. Posted:

@JogurtTheYogurt - If you're done with the topic, you can delete it yourself. :)

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Chomposaur

129. Posted:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@JogurtTheYogurt - If you're done with the topic, you can delete it yourself. :)

If other people want to debate or talk about this topic ill let them talk, im not going to silence them .. lol like i said if a forum mod wants to delete it they can

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

130. Posted:

Also, it's not like Nintendo said that they're going to remake every previous VC game for the Wii U. They'll probably re-release some of the favorites, but also likely work on other VC platforms, such as GBA, GC, DC, etc.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

moomoo

131. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

People like to be able to play their stuff on the newest technology. It's clear that there's no technical limitations to being able to play Virtual Console games on your Wii U (unlike the UMDs, where there is a technical limitation preventing you playing them on the Vita), so yes, Nintendo is extorting additional money out of the consumer.

Once again, if Sony's able to give people the ability to download once, play on anything, even offering additional features depending on the platform, then there's no excuse for Nintendo not to follow suit.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure Sony is pretty generous when it comes to business practices. Just look at PS Plus.

And, once again, you can still play your games on Wii U for no extra charge. You just don't get some bells and whistles. That's not exhortation, since you still get the game at no charge through a system transfer.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

132. Posted:

I'd pay for extra features if Sony charged, too. They're the ones missing out on my money.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

133. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

If this is compared to DLC like some of you are claiming, then why not let us play our VC games on the Wii U menu and then "upgrade them with DLC" as we see fit.

Wbo says they won't? Please note that the button in the eShop says "TRIAL" on it. Wii U virtual console officially a launches in the summer time and we're getting two more system updates in that time, so who can say what they'll do?

@Bankai: Nintendo is offering classic games from Nintendo consoles on a Nintendo console. They don't "need to be competitive" - there IS NO COMPETITION. Sony and Microsoft aren't selling NES and SNES games, so it really doesn't matter what they do.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Bankai

134. Posted:

@Bankai: Nintendo is offering classic games from Nintendo consoles on a Nintendo console. They don't "need to be competitive" - there IS NO COMPETITION. Sony and Microsoft aren't selling NES and SNES games, so it really doesn't matter what they do.

That isn't how competition works.

And yes, Nintendo has to be competitive. It's a business.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

135. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I didn't think that Nintendo was so idiotic that they would try to even attempt at ripping me off by charging me for an update of all things. Well, screw it then. Paying ANYTHING for an update like this is needless. Not to mention most of the features aren't worth paying a dollar for aside from restore points. But to hell with even those, because I can live without them. Everyone has a right to be pissed off about this, and saying that it's okay for Nintendo to do this is basically saying that it's alright for said company to rip you off. This is pure unadulterated greed and it really sickens me that Nintendo will stoop this low just for more cash.

And the sad part is that this would actually be okay (actually it wouldn't be...but at least I could have tolerate it) if Nintendo just did a one-time charge instead of charging for updating EVERY game. I have so many VC games that it's not even funny. I would probably have to pay around $50 or more just to update all my VC games, and that's utter BS...which I'm not going to stand for. The remaining respect I had for Nintendo is now completely shattered after hearing this beyond horrible news. :|

Sony says "hi" :)

Anyway, it's only a freaking dollar per game and there's no guarantee that it'll be every game.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

136. Posted:

@Bankai - I thought you were for people being paid for their work, and against the devaluation of products? This is Nintendo doing work to improve the Virtual Console. And unlike others, they're asking to be compensated for it. Just because others are saying "we'll do it for free", why is it a bad thing because Nintendo doesn't feel they can do the same thing at no cost?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

137. Posted:

After reading the last few pages I'm just left to daydream about a portable and home video console system released by Bankai with its exceptionally perfect customer service. <sigh>

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

138. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Bankai - I thought you were for people being paid for their work, and against the devaluation of products? This is Nintendo doing work to improve the Virtual Console. And unlike others, they're asking to be compensated for it. Just because others are saying "we'll do it for free", why is it a bad thing because Nintendo doesn't feel they can do the same thing at no cost?

thank you for putting my thoughts into words.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Bankai

139. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nintendo was already charging a premium for Virtual Console content. SNES games cost as much as PlayStation One Classics, for instance.

I don't have any issues with paying premiums for content - I approve of Nintendo's pricing model for its Virtual Console.

But.

The expectation is that downloadable content is platform agnostic - pay once, play across all of the platform holder's devices. Sony, Valve, Microsoft and Apple all share this philosophy. I can play my Steam games on any computer I sign in on, and transfer games freely between them. I can AirPlay my iPad games to my TV with no additional cost.

It is only Nintendo that will force me to buy the same game three times just to play it properly. I now have three digital copies of Balloon Fight, three sets of high scores, and not only is this clunky and inefficient, it is anti-consumer.

By any other name, this is aggressive DRM and nothing less.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

But you don't get it. You really don't get it. You're paying for extra features. You can still play them in Wii mode on your Wii U at no extra cost via a transfer. Nintendo's not taking that away. In other words, what you're paying for is premium content. As you said, you have no problem with that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~