Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 81 to 100 of 113

carl5000

I can see making this game work with the Wii Remote, and even make it Wii compatible so more can use it, assuming the original Wii can use the eShop. But I can not at all understand why it was made to require the remote. This wasn't originally a game for the Wii, and there's no reason to expect to have to use the remote. How much work could it possibly be to let customers choose which controller to use? The pro controller and the pad both have two sticks, make one do movement and the other do aiming/looking around. Done.

carl5000

Grumblevolcano

Pahvi wrote:

@carl5000 I'd think the old games use the engine for the newest one, Corruption. And that game didn't have a Classic Controller or GC controller support. I'd also say that throwing in new control set can be too much work for a cash-in, and even then you couldn't play Prime 3 without Wiimote+Nunchuk.

The ports of Prime 1 and 2 were under the label of "New Play Control" - the Wiimote. That was the main point of porting them over to Wii in the first place. You could've found the originals preowned and play them on a Wii with a GC controller (I did).

Only in Japan, outside there the only way to get the Wii ports were via Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Minish-Cap

Do we get Club Nintendo points for this? It hasn't shown up on my Club Nintendo and I bought mine the day after it came on Eshop.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

My Nintendo: Gorans-Cap

Spoony_Tech

Nope, Galaxy 2 was the only one of the Wii games to get it as it hit before the cut off date.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Minish-Cap

Aww. Thats a bummer.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

My Nintendo: Gorans-Cap

kyuubikid213

I would have gotten it if I didn't already have the trilogy. I, like many other people, have the GameCube games and Corruption. Even at the sexy price of $10, I already had the games (and I haven't beaten them) so getting them again would be redundant.

I'll even hold off on getting Majora's Mask 3D because I recently beat Majora's Mask on the Wii Virtual Console. I look forward to it, but since it's still fresh in my head and there's no way they changed THAT much...I probably won't get MM for a few more months.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Aldebaran

StaticWind wrote:

I just got a larger SD card and enough eShop credit for both the MK8 DLC and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I just need to finish something for the day and I'll be on my Wii U in seconds! I can't wait to finally play Metroid Prime 2 after all of these years! ^^

I just attached a 500 GB external pocket hard disc to my Wii U and I dowload all the games and stuff there

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

Aldebaran

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I'll even hold off on getting Majora's Mask 3D because I recently beat Majora's Mask on the Wii Virtual Console. I look forward to it, but since it's still fresh in my head and there's no way they changed THAT much...I probably won't get MM for a few more months.

You have no idea what you are talking about go and check Majora's Mask 3D I've played the original back in the 2000's and now I am playing the 3DS remake and the improvement is overall outstanding.

Nintendo Network ID: Aldebaran20

Shy_Guy

Anybody know where the Super Missile is on Metroid Prime? I know its in the Observartory room,but somehow it was never there when I first entered the room. Now I can't open the door that leads to the Quarantine Cave,is it somewhere else?

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Aldebaran wrote:

StaticWind wrote:

I just got a larger SD card and enough eShop credit for both the MK8 DLC and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I just need to finish something for the day and I'll be on my Wii U in seconds! I can't wait to finally play Metroid Prime 2 after all of these years! ^^

I just attached a 500 GB external pocket hard disc to my Wii U and I dowload all the games and stuff there

Quick question. Should I not be using a USB flash drive to store data? How long do those things usually last? Mine's lasted me about 3 or 4 years now. But I don't want to lose all of my DLC and what not.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Sean_Aaron

Flash drives aren't recommended because they have a relatively low read-write limit compared with a hard disk if you're using it for similar applications. I wouldn't worry so much about losing what's there as not being able to update it. If you're really concerned you can always get another one to use as a backup device and do a regular copy of games you're currently playing.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

NinjaWaddleDee

@Sean_Aaron Ah okay, thanks! Now I just have to find an HDD that isn't super expensive. I'm not looking for a terabyte or anything. 32 gb will do.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

@Sean_Aaron Ah okay, thanks! Now I just have to find an HDD that isn't super expensive. I'm not looking for a terabyte or anything. 32 gb will do.

I doubt you will find one that small. The smallest you may find is a 256gb. Still you shouldn't have to pay more then 30 to 50$ for almost any kind of size for the right brand.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I doubt you will find one that small. The smallest you may find is a 256gb. Still you shouldn't have to pay more then 30 to 50$ for almost any kind of size for the right brand.

I've seen ones as small as 60GB on Amazon for around $25.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

nacho_chicken

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

I've seen ones as small as 60GB on Amazon for around $25.

That's a terrible price:GB ratio.
You can get a 120GB for under $30, or 500GB for about $10 more that that.
Even then, I wouldn't trust a budget brand for my data; gaming or otherwise. It sucks losing save data and having to redownload 10s of GBs worth of files. Go with reputable brands like Toshiba, Seagate, or Western Digital.

Eventually you will want to store other digital things. Whether it be videos, pictures, or games. You'll need a hard drive to store them on. Would you rather save $5 now, and lose money later, or spend a bit more now and future-proof yourself?

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Eel

I just use an old 128GB laptop hardrive I kinda... found. My brother used to fix computers, it came from one of the broken-beyond-hope computers no one ever came to reclaim.

I just had to buy a case/adaptor to use it as an external hardrive.

It did give me problems once though, but it was mostly because my first (super cheap) adaptor broke and I tried to fix it myself and ended up corrupting all my data.

Thankfully the Metroid Prime Trilogy was on the wiiu itself...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Starpower67

I was thinking about getting this. Is it an exact replica of the wii version?

Starpower67

Starpower67

Morpheel wrote:

It is the Wii version.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if the controls were done with the wii remote or gamepad.

Starpower67

gcunit

Pardon my tardiness, but I'm still working my way through MP.

Without any spoilers please, could someone give me a rough indication of how much longer I've got to go before I'm at the end line?

I've just recently got to the Hall of the Elders for the first time, and have just acquired the Ice Beam.

My save file shows around 36%, but I'm not particularly trying to 100%, just curious how far into it I am. Play time is around 10 hours so far. How Long to Beat suggests average play time is around 15 hours, but I wouldn't say I'm progressing particularly speedily, lost progress after dying before a save station once or twice etc. and have been playing it on an ad hoc basis over about 6 or 7 play sessions across many months.

Great game, but stressful when exploring new areas and haven't found a save point for a while (and infuriating when you die in those situations).

Thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic