Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 61 to 80 of 113

Tasuki

VanillaLake wrote:

@Tasuki the Wii Remote is used for aiming not for hitting enemies like in other games. Aiming is the best use a Wii Remote can have and it works well in Metroid Prime Trilogy. Your hands can rest on your thighs, don't worry.

For anyone that is not sure, I recommend downloading these three awesome games for as little as €10. This offer will be over soon and you might regret it later.

Wait so it more or less acts like Duck Hunt does on the Wii U VC?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

@Tasuki the Wii Remote is used for aiming not for hitting enemies like in other games. Aiming is the best use a Wii Remote can have and it works well in Metroid Prime Trilogy. Your hands can rest on your thighs, don't worry.

For anyone that is not sure, I recommend downloading these three awesome games for as little as €10. This offer will be over soon and you might regret it later.

It gives you more precise Aiming, what did you think it did? So yes, more or less dunk hunt aiming but you still need the nunchuck for moving.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

It gives you more precise Aiming, what did you think it did? So yes, more or less dunk hunt aiming but you still need the nunchuck for moving.

Oh I thought I would have to waggle the control to jump and stuff like that. That sounds better. Ok I am off to get a point card.

Me thinks I have just found out what to use my DDP coupon on

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

Oh I thought I would have to waggle the control to jump and stuff like that. That sounds better. Ok I am off to get a point card.

Me thinks I have just found out what to use my DDP coupon on

This feels like Wind Waker all over again with you.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

SmashMario wrote:

Is there support for the Classic Controller?

Nope!

MERG said:

andreoni79

Playing MP 1&2 with a "regular" controller instead of using wiimote+nunchuck feels as clunky as it was playing Pikmin 3 with the Gamepad before the update that let you use the touchscreen.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Yoshi

andreoni79 wrote:

Playing MP 1&2 with a "regular" controller instead of using wiimote+nunchuck feels as clunky as it was playing Pikmin 3 with the Gamepad before the update that let you use the touchscreen.

And even with that, Nintendo continues their feud with left handed gamers by refusing to let players remap controls to the opposite side.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Samus06

The motion controls in this game are absolutely fantastic and anyone on the fence should not worry about the controls. Like other people have said in previous posts, these games rarely require you to waggle. Prime 3 is actually the only game in the trilogy I believe that requires some movement with the nunchuk, but even then it is very minor. The Wii controls are far superior to the traditional controls of the gamecube for these games. Just rest the Wii remote on your leg and move it back and forth slightly (and I mean slightly) to aim and that's all there is to the controls. There is absolutely no holding the remote up in the air to aim and waggling like crazy, so don't worry about that. I suggest setting the controller options to advanced setting as that gives you the fastest aiming and makes the controls feel incredibly smooth. It would really be a shame if people missed out on these absolutely phenomenal games because of worries about the motion controls. I own the first two games on gamecube and I also own the Prime Trilogy disk version for Wii and I am still going to purchase these games on the Wii U. They are just that good.

Samus06

Undead_terror

Ya I must say, after a hour when you get use to the controls it's really good! it's been a long time since I played a FPS on the wii and even then the controls were different, this is a really good game so far.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

shaneoh wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

I guess the friend credits and the contents they unlock are a no-no in this version too.

I was just thinking that...so much for getting all the Achievements...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960329-metroid-prime-trilogy/saves

Problem solved (probably)

No. That doesn't solve anything. I can't put that on the Wii U, and it wouldn't be the same as actually getting the achievements. What's the fun in it if you don't actually put in the work?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

veeflames

I have to play the original Metroid Prime once more. Aiming is now precise with the Wiimote.
3 great games for under $10?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ricklongo

VanillaLake wrote:

Aiming is the best use a Wii Remote can have

For what it's worth, I absolutely hated the aiming aspect of Mario Galaxy. Now that's one awesome game that would be even better than it is if just they didn't tack on motion controls, and it's one of my initial sources of bitterness towards the wiimote.

EIther way, I bit the bullet and got the trilogy. It will have to wait before I finish some of the games on my plate currently (mainly Captain Toad, Stealth Inc and Watch Dogs), but it seems I'll finally get to see what the fuss is all about.

andreoni79 wrote:

Well, see, I had absolutely no problem with gamepad controls on Pikmin 3. I tried wiimote controls at first, but ended up playing the entire game with the gamepad. Maybe I'm just not into wiimote aiming as much as other people seem to be, which is kinda worrisome when it comes to MPT.

Edited on by ricklongo

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

Ugh...is anyone else experiencing errors with the digital scan of the original instruction manual for Metroid Prime Trilogy? Everytime I try to view it I'm greeted by a cannot view this PDF file error after a couple minutes. Is this happening to anyone else?

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

VanillaLake

ricklongo wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

Aiming is the best use a Wii Remote can have

For what it's worth, I absolutely hated the aiming aspect of Mario Galaxy. Now that's one awesome game that would be even better than it is if just they didn't tack on motion controls, and it's one of my initial sources of bitterness towards the wiimote.

EIther way, I bit the bullet and got the trilogy. It will have to wait before I finish some of the games on my plate currently (mainly Captain Toad, Stealth Inc and Watch Dogs), but it seems I'll finally get to see what the fuss is all about.

andreoni79 wrote:

Well, see, I had absolutely no problem with gamepad controls on Pikmin 3. I tried wiimote controls at first, but ended up playing the entire game with the gamepad. Maybe I'm just not into wiimote aiming as much as other people seem to be, which is kinda worrisome when it comes to MPT.

Aiming in a shooter I mean. I also hate forced motion controls, usually inserted by Nintendo in games like Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galaxy, or stupid touch controls in Super Mario 3D World.

But aiming with a Wii Remote when playing a shooter or Metroid Prime is just perfect.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Mikes

I just got a larger SD card and enough eShop credit for both the MK8 DLC and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I just need to finish something for the day and I'll be on my Wii U in seconds! I can't wait to finally play Metroid Prime 2 after all of these years! ^^

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

AlliMeadow

I got my first GameBoy when I was 4, and the only games I had were Super Mario Land 2 and Game & Watch. We also had a SNES with Super Mario Kart. Later on I got Pokémon Red for the GameBoy and a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64. And from there on out it was only Mario and Pokémon. Then about two years ago I became interested in other IPs. I finally got MPT, and must admit that even though I haven't been playing more than 3 hours, I am in love with the game! It manages to creep me out a little with the sudden income of enemies, and the gameplay feels very right. It is the perfect balance between fun and exciting. I am always wary of what might be around the next corner. I do get quite tense when I play, so I try to not play for more than an hour in one sitting. A wonderful game so far, and for a person who never enjoyed other FPS games I can recommend it to Nintendo fans who'd like to try a more exciting puzzle solving game.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic