Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 41 to 60 of 113

Ryno

Should I buy this? I don't like awesome games that don't allow me to use anything other than standard dual stick FPS setup.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

Should I buy this? I don't like awesome games that don't allow me to use anything other than standard dual stick FPS setup.

I think you should get it anyways lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

How do I save in MPT?

Controls seems to take getting used to but I'm having fun!

Are you playing the first one? Remember where you got the map. Its stations like those that allow you to save. Depending on how far you got you should have a save station just before a major fight.

Yep first one. And I found it...right before the boss fight. And when I didn't make it out in time i got a game over.

I'm not good at FPS' so it'll take gettign used to but so far I love this. Wonderful atmosphere.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

CanisWolfred

Also, when you land on the planet you can save in your ship.

Also also, it downloaded in less than an hour. Now that's impressive for 7.6 GB! Got sidetracked by other stuff, though, but now I'll have to boot it up and check out the new controls.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Knowing the first two games were built for the Gamecube, traditional control scheme, and have it removed in favor of the motion controls is just annoying to me. What is so wrong with giving people options that Nintendo is so against it? I understand porting the first two to the Wii was to give them motion controls but still. Between my hands cramping up and my not so great wrists I wouldn't be able to enjoy the games. Would have downloaded this instantly though with a twin stick control scheme.

Crimzonlogic

I wanted to buy it and download it later when I can get a hard drive, but it's not letting me buy it at all without having room. I have an 8gb so I can't make room.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Spoony_Tech

Crimzonlogic wrote:

I wanted to buy it and download it later when I can get a hard drive, but it's not letting me buy it at all without having room. I have an 8gb so I can't make room.

Can you purchase it on the web site maybe? Not sure if it's there to purchase or not but it's worth a try.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Crimzonlogic

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Can you purchase it on the web site maybe? Not sure if it's there to purchase or not but it's worth a try.

I'm not sure I understand...Are you telling me I can purchase it on the internet from my computer, without the Wii U? If that's what you mean, how come I never knew this was a thing? And which website?
Edit: I found the website. I had no idea I could buy that way. unfortunately I don't have a debit card any more and I don't see an option to use my eshop balance. That just sucks.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

Spoony_Tech

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

I'm not sure I understand...Are you telling me I can purchase it on the internet from my computer, without the Wii U? If that's what you mean, how come I never knew this was a thing? And which website?

Go to Nintendo.com and there should be a link. There is a select few games you can purchase and it will dl to the Wii U say if you weren't at home. If the site doesn't see the 8gig system then you might be able yo buy it if it's there.

Pre paid visa card is your friend.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Crimzonlogic

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Go to Nintendo.com and there should be a link. There is a select few games you can purchase and it will dl to the Wii U say if you weren't at home. If the site doesn't see the 8gig system then you might be able yo buy it if it's there.

I just want to use my eshop balance. I don't have any money to put on a visa right now. I spent my last few bucks on the eshop card...I feel sad now.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

renaryuugufan92

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I just want to use my eshop balance. I don't have any money to put on a visa right now. I spent my last few bucks on the eshop card...I feel sad now.

Got an idea, if you happen to have a random usb flash thumb laying around that's larger than 8GB you'll be able to download the game that way until you can get a external HDD and transfer it over to that.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Spoony_Tech

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Got an idea, if you happen to have a random usb flash thumb laying around that's larger than 8GB you'll be able to download the game that way until you can get a external HDD and transfer it over to that.

That should work, hope she has one!

MERG said:

Nicolai

My Download Management says I've got between 25 and 33 hours left of download. Man, that's a hefty download for my poor internet, and it's wired too!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shaneoh

I'm throwing money at the work computer, but for some reason it's not buying it. What am I doing wrong? I've thrown, like, $50 at it so far.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Is it only motion controls or can I use the Classic Controller on these?

Only Wii Remote and Nunchuk. The original Wii version didn't support the classic controller either.

That's a deal breaker for me.

The whole point of the Trilogy was for Wiimote support for the first 2 games. Why would you want to play it any other way if I may ask?

Sorry for the late response I was at work. Call me old fashion but I like using a good old control without having to waggle it around. This is the same reason that Skyward Sword was a deal breaker for me too. The only game that I really enjoyed with motion controls was Star Wars the Force Unleashed and even then my hands would cramp up after not to long. Its not that I want them to get rid of the motion controls its that I just wish they had the option for other controllers.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

Metroid has a lot less motion controls that Skyward Sword. It is just aiming and sometimes flicking the nunchuck. Everything else is buttons iirc

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

VanillaLake

@Tasuki the Wii Remote is used for aiming not for hitting enemies like in other games. Aiming is the best use a Wii Remote can have and it works well in Metroid Prime Trilogy. Your hands can rest on your thighs, don't worry.

For anyone that is not sure, I recommend downloading these three awesome games for as little as €10. This offer will be over soon and you might regret it later.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Undead_terror

Also didn't try yet but does MP2 multiplayer have bots? Prime Hunters did which is nice since no moar DS internet servers

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

I-U

Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer doesn't have bots unfortunately. Really would've been nice had they changed that for Trilogy, but they didn't bother. It's pretty throw away.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic