Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit I'd say around 40% done.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Aww man, only 40?! Was hoping for at least 50. Ho-hum, on I must press I guess. Thanks for your answer.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

The lack of more frequent save points (at least in the earlier two games; I didn't notice it quite as much in Corruption) was a minor gripe I had about the Prime entries when I played through them last year. Not a big deal if you have hours of time in front of you, but it does stink when you, say, have spent roughly 30-45 minutes of a limited game session past the last save point exploring and making progress only to die without finding a new save point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

@gcunit I play adventure games (modern FPS games are a kind of adventure) slowly, I always take more time than most people. Each Metroid Prime game took me around twenty-something hours getting 100%, because I only saved when I progressed. Otherwise the clock would show many more hours.

I recommend to not worry much and try to enjoy, they are not very long games after all but quite intense. They are challenging but high-quality. In my opinion, Metroid Prime 2 is the most difficult and Metroid Prime 3 is the easiest. Metroid Prime (1) is well-rounded. The three are both playing, in the original order: 1, 2, 3; and my personal ranking would be: 2, 1, 3.

By the way, I recommend you getting the energy tanks and missile expansions because you'll need them for some boss battles. Now I remember how I missed cues about their whereabouts.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Octane

I'm currently playing through Killzone Shadow Fall, and chapter 3 is a surprisingly good Metroid level. I would love to see some space floating in Metroid!

Octane

HobbitGamer

ishouliyat wrote:

Vee_Flames wrote:

It's not available on the NA eShop yet...

I really hope this is a sign that someone is working on a Prime style Metroid game for the Wii U! I can dream can't I?

....What??

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Banjo-

I have re-played the first two games on Wii U, next is 3 (that I also played when it was released). The music in this trilogy is weird but cool.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Slowdive The first time I played them, Metroid Prime 2 but the second time I thought it was a bit too complicated if you try to get everything because of the parallel dimensions. Metroid Prime 2 is the most fascinating. The first one is a bit more enjoyable. The third one has bigger environments and it's a bit easier... I don't know, the three are good but I'll keep my first verdict and choose 2. And yours? 🙂

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Slowdive Then we agree 🙂. The first Metroid that I played was Metroid Prime. I played Super Metroid on SNES Classic and the GBA games on 3DS.

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

So I grabbed the trilogy on wii u a few weeks back since I got tired of waiting for a switch release. Thankfully(or not depending on if you have the wii u verison or not),it didn't get revealed in the direct so it wasn't a complete waste of money for me. With all that said, I'm going to fire up MP1 tonight. Very much looking forward to it.

Side note:I do hope it still comes to switch though 😄

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Side note:I do hope it still comes to switch though 😄

As do I, but even the original MPT is very much worth playing through! I picked it up on discount a few years ago off the Wii U eShop and played through all three games with breaks between each.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Depends on how lost you get and how much of a completionist you are. I try for most upgrades in Metroid games, though that partially depends on how much fun I'm having. But in general, the Prime games aren't that long on their own.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic