Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 101 to 107 of 107

Starpower67

Morpheel wrote:

It is the Wii version.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if the controls were done with the wii remote or gamepad.

Starpower67

gcunit

Pardon my tardiness, but I'm still working my way through MP.

Without any spoilers please, could someone give me a rough indication of how much longer I've got to go before I'm at the end line?

I've just recently got to the Hall of the Elders for the first time, and have just acquired the Ice Beam.

My save file shows around 36%, but I'm not particularly trying to 100%, just curious how far into it I am. Play time is around 10 hours so far. How Long to Beat suggests average play time is around 15 hours, but I wouldn't say I'm progressing particularly speedily, lost progress after dying before a save station once or twice etc. and have been playing it on an ad hoc basis over about 6 or 7 play sessions across many months.

Great game, but stressful when exploring new areas and haven't found a save point for a while (and infuriating when you die in those situations).

Thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit I'd say around 40% done.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Aww man, only 40?! Was hoping for at least 50. Ho-hum, on I must press I guess. Thanks for your answer.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

The lack of more frequent save points (at least in the earlier two games; I didn't notice it quite as much in Corruption) was a minor gripe I had about the Prime entries when I played through them last year. Not a big deal if you have hours of time in front of you, but it does stink when you, say, have spent roughly 30-45 minutes of a limited game session past the last save point exploring and making progress only to die without finding a new save point.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BlueOcean

@gcunit I play adventure games (modern FPS games are a kind of adventure) slowly, I always take more time than most people. Each Metroid Prime game took me around twenty-something hours getting 100%, because I only saved when I progressed. Otherwise the clock would show many more hours.

I recommend to not worry much and try to enjoy, they are not very long games after all but quite intense. They are challenging but high-quality. In my opinion, Metroid Prime 2 is the most difficult and Metroid Prime 3 is the easiest. Metroid Prime (1) is well-rounded. The three are both playing, in the original order: 1, 2, 3; and my personal ranking would be: 2, 1, 3.

By the way, I recommend you getting the energy tanks and missile expansions because you'll need them for some boss battles. Now I remember how I missed cues about their whereabouts.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Octane

I'm currently playing through Killzone Shadow Fall, and chapter 3 is a surprisingly good Metroid level. I would love to see some space floating in Metroid!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic