Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: IQ Test - Ninja Pig Studios AMA NOW - Game Out July 31st

Showing 1 to 10 of 10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ninjapigstudios

1. Posted:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jordan Schuetz and I've been an indie game developer for over 3 years now. I started the game company called Ninja Pig Studios and have had a huge amount of success in the industry. My games have almost a million combined downloads and are enjoyed by thousands daily across the globe. I've made real time multiplayer games, puzzle games, and useful applications for smartphones. My most popular game was called IQ Test and had huge success on the NOOK tablet and Kindle Fire. I wanted to remake the game after hearing about the capabilities of the Wii U tablet, thus I started my development career for Nintendo a few months ago. My game is set to hit the eShop on July 31st This is probably one of the hardest games on the Wii U since each question is made especially for the Wii U hardware and is way more difficult than the original. I've worked with Nintendo to get a special introduction price for my fans to be $3.99 (MSRP is $4.99). That means if you download it when it first comes out, you will save a dollar and will get to take advantage of the special sale that no other games are able to do.

I'm new to the Nintendo Life forums so I would love to do an AMA where you guys can ask me anything! Here is a video of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__2PDGDjtTQ

KEEP IN MIND, this video only shows a few quiz questions since I don't want to spoil the answers to the hard ones!

Can't wait to answer your questions!

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Twitter: ninjapigstudios

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheItalianBaptist

2. Posted:

So I supported you over in the recommendations thread and still like the concept. Love the cute characters too :) but after the debacle that was the letter, you might wanna consider lowering the price. This looks like a good budget title but more $1.99 alongside rcdmiax than $4.99 alongside an nes game. I hope this doesn't come off as obnoxious or offensive, but I want to see you succeed :)

Out of these ashes, beauty will rise - Steven Curtis Chapman
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. - Exodus 33:11a (NIV)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8 (KJV)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TG1

3. Posted:

I strongly agree with the above statement! Especially as the Wii U version has much less content than the versions that are selling for just 99 cents. What is the justification for a five fold price increase for a version with far less content?

Like was stated above, I wish success for you as well!

TG1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ninjapigstudios

4. Posted:

TG1 wrote:

I strongly agree with the above statement! Especially as the Wii U version has much less content than the versions that are selling for just 99 cents. What is the justification for a five fold price increase for a version with far less content?

Like was stated above, I wish success for you as well!

TheItalianBaptist wrote:

So I supported you over in the recommendations thread and still like the concept. Love the cute characters too :) but after the debacle that was the letter, you might wanna consider lowering the price. This looks like a good budget title but more $1.99 alongside rcdmiax than $4.99 alongside an nes game. I hope this doesn't come off as obnoxious or offensive, but I want to see you succeed :)

Hi guys and thanks for the advice. Let me explain something about pricing. This game isn't the letter. This is a finished game that is high quality and has been a proven success on other platforms. I feel the $4 intro price is very fair. Consider, I only get 70% of that and then 30% goes to taxes. After it's all said and done, I only walk away with $1.89 + you don't even understand the investment the dev kit is and other fees. I think the price point is a good price for the amount of gameplay time you will get out of the game. The other versions on other platforms actually have less content since the questions are super simply. The NOOK version was made for kids while this version was made more for the hardcore gaming audience. I can always put the game on sale later, but I'm not about that $1.99 life where I just give my game away to the very few people who own Wii U's. RCMADIAX is literally giving his game away, and same with the letter dev. I'm willing to do that if I need to, but I feel my game is very high quality comparatively and I think fans know that.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Twitter: ninjapigstudios

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

5. Posted:

ninjapigstudios wrote:

TG1 wrote:

I strongly agree with the above statement! Especially as the Wii U version has much less content than the versions that are selling for just 99 cents. What is the justification for a five fold price increase for a version with far less content?

Like was stated above, I wish success for you as well!

TheItalianBaptist wrote:

So I supported you over in the recommendations thread and still like the concept. Love the cute characters too :) but after the debacle that was the letter, you might wanna consider lowering the price. This looks like a good budget title but more $1.99 alongside rcdmiax than $4.99 alongside an nes game. I hope this doesn't come off as obnoxious or offensive, but I want to see you succeed :)

Hi guys and thanks for the advice. Let me explain something about pricing. This game isn't the letter. This is a finished game that is high quality and has been a proven success on other platforms. I feel the $4 intro price is very fair. Consider, I only get 70% of that and then 30% goes to taxes. After it's all said and done, I only walk away with $1.89 + you don't even understand the investment the dev kit is and other fees. I think the price point is a good price for the amount of gameplay time you will get out of the game. The other versions on other platforms actually have less content since the questions are super simply. The NOOK version was made for kids while this version was made more for the hardcore gaming audience. I can always put the game on sale later, but I'm not about that $1.99 life where I just give my game away to the very few people who own Wii U's. RCMADIAX is literally giving his game away, and same with the letter dev. I'm willing to do that if I need to, but I feel my game is very high quality comparatively and I think fans know that.

I'm telling you right now: at that 4$ price point you probably won't move many units. The Wii U audience isn't the Nook audience. Not many kids, not many families and not that many casual gamers. I understand that your questions are for the "hardcore" audience, but the game itself just doesn't read hardcore. It looks like a game for a market in the range somewhere between 10 - 14 years and that market just doesn't really exist on Wii U. If you really want to get the Wii U audience, make a new game specifically for the console.

MrV4ltor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ninjapigstudios

6. Posted:

MrV4ltor wrote:

I'm telling you right now: at that 4$ price point you probably won't move many units. The Wii U audience isn't the Nook audience. Not many kids, not many families and not that many casual gamers. I understand that your questions are for the "hardcore" audience, but the game itself just doesn't read hardcore. It looks like a game for a market in the range somewhere between 10 - 14 years and that market just doesn't really exist on Wii U. If you really want to get the Wii U audience, make a new game specifically for the console.

Great advice. I can always have sales on a later date if I'm not happy with sales, but I think the price point is fair so we will just have to see.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Twitter: ninjapigstudios

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

7. Posted:

The art style makes this game look like it's supposed to be for 1st and 2nd graders, not hardcore gamers. Even if you put it on sale, people won't buy it for that reason.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ninjapigstudios

8. Posted:

iphys wrote:

The art style makes this game look like it's supposed to be for 1st and 2nd graders, not hardcore gamers. Even if you put it on sale, people won't buy it for that reason.

I really like the art style, and that's what the game is supposed to look like. It's supposed to be a game where you buy it and think it's going to be easy, but it's super punishing and difficult. It makes you feel stupid :)

I think it will sell because it is a really great game and I haven't heard that from just myself. All of the reviewers and the community that have played it, say they have really enjoyed it alot! They say it's one of the hardest games they have played. Hope you could purchase it when it comes out and would love to hear your feedback once you give it a try. Feel free to PM me once you get it because i'm really looking for any feedback what so ever. I just don't think it's fair to judge the game until you actually play it.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios

Twitter: ninjapigstudios

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheItalianBaptist

9. Posted:

Reading back it sounded like I compared your game to the letter....oops :P that wasn't what I meant at all. What I meant when I said that was because of the letter people are going to be less trusting of tiny indie developers' games as a whole, which is why again it seems to me that the price should be lower to compensate. And admittedly, I don't understand the details of what goes behind pricing, so it's good to get some understanding there.

Glad to hear you're getting good vibes from the reviewers :)

Edited on by TheItalianBaptist

Out of these ashes, beauty will rise - Steven Curtis Chapman
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. - Exodus 33:11a (NIV)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8 (KJV)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheItalianBaptist

10. Posted:

So miiverse is hoppin'. There's even a "duck for smash bros." post :)

Out of these ashes, beauty will rise - Steven Curtis Chapman
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. - Exodus 33:11a (NIV)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8 (KJV)