Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: GBA games prices all wrong??

Showing 61 to 80 of 86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

61. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

the prices are wrong, they're too low :p

Get out a $100 Ninja Five-O "rare download" now!

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

62. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Around the time W101 and Deus Ex came out. Almost every game was at least $5-10 cheaper in U.S. dollars, as a disc copy.

RRP was £40 (normally £50 but most retailers now under cut that a bit at launch) in the UK at launch only a few places were marginally cheaper around £2 to stay competitive at the time frame you're talking about £40 converted to $62, right now you can get most first party Wii U and 3DS games cheaper in the US obviously this changes but the majority of the time that just how it is I get that but for this specific situation I'm saying that the pricing for the GBA games on the UK e-shop does not follow the clear structure of the rest of the prices I'm only talking about the UK no where else because every other regions pricing makes at least some sense.

Good point. However, my point was that pricing varies by your region, which is probably what's happening here.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

63. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Around the time W101 and Deus Ex came out. Almost every game was at least $5-10 cheaper in U.S. dollars, as a disc copy.

RRP was £40 (normally £50 but most retailers now under cut that a bit at launch) in the UK at launch only a few places were marginally cheaper around £2 to stay competitive at the time frame you're talking about £40 converted to $62, right now you can get most first party Wii U and 3DS games cheaper in the US obviously this changes but the majority of the time that just how it is I get that but for this specific situation I'm saying that the pricing for the GBA games on the UK e-shop does not follow the clear structure of the rest of the prices I'm only talking about the UK no where else because every other regions pricing makes at least some sense.

Good point. However, my point was that pricing varies by your region, which is probably what's happening here.

I'm pretty sure I said that awhile ago but hey at least we are on the same page, tbh I brought Advance Wars anyway because I like the game but I probably won't be buying much else which I'm seeing as a pattern for UK gamers excluding the more hardcore VCers who buy pretty much everything available this is why I think the price is a mistake to a degree as it seems Nintendo is losing more than it could potentially gain (again specifically referring to UK) just lowering the price a bit would make a drastic difference.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

64. Posted:

@Jazzer94
Ya. I get mixed up between EU and UK.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WalupeachyTime

65. Posted:

As already stated, the price of the games are very cheap compared to buying the original versions from online retailers. Sure, it's digital, but with loads of other features to benefit the way you prefer to play; I feel it's worth it.

Clash Of The Idiots! A Mario Kart 8 tournament between ONM and NL!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

66. Posted:

$8 is a fair price to me. I don't understand the mentality of devaluing games just because they are downloads.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

67. Posted:

If they only cost $5.00....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xj220_afiles

68. Posted:

8$ is perfect and i'm pround to give my money to nintendo for these great games. If you look at it, NES games are 5$ and SNES games are 8$. GBA games which were released during the Gamecube era are the same price than thoses 20 years old games. Fair enough with me.

xj220_afiles

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

69. Posted:

Blast wrote:

If they only cost $5.00....

Why not charge nothing for them? That'll make everyone happy, right?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stu13

70. Posted:

I didn't think twice about throwing down $8 for Metroid Fusion and I won't for Minnish Cap, either. And I'm not extraordinarily wealthy or anything. I'm honestly surprised that anybody has an issue with that price point.

I think Nintendo games are cool, and good.
Proud veteran of the Bit Wars.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647
NNID: Stu000

Twitter: Stu_Hell

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mahe

71. Posted:

The price is in a good spot. GBA had some real classics, and they're newer than stuff like SNES games.

Edited on by Mahe

Mahe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tudsworth

72. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

$8 is a fair price to me. I don't understand the mentality of devaluing games just because they are downloads.

Blame the race-to-the-bottom that is the mobile market. It's helped devalue digital distribution a lot; and it leads to consumers and investors thinking that different-but-still-kind-of-similar markets (like the digital distribution markets on consoles and handhelds) should adopt similar pricing strategies.

That said, I don't get OP's point. I'm burned that I have to pay £6.29 for GBA VC titles, certainly, but that's mostly because everywhere else is paying slightly less than we are. But, £6.29 for games with the longevity and general fun-factor (if you will excuse that incredibly vague term) of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Advance Wars, Metroid Fusion, Wario Ware and so on? Regardless of the fact they're decade old games, that's a fair price for them, especially as somebody who didn't get to play a lot of GBA games first time around.

tudsworth

Nintendo Network ID: Tudsworth

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tops

73. Posted:

I think Nintendo hit the bull's-eye with the price. As soon as they were announced I told myself I would pay anything under $10 for the GBA games I wanted and that's what we got. It reflects the quality of the titles on offer but isn't gouging anyone

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

74. Posted:

I paid $30 for alot of these games, when they were new on GBA. $8 is more than fair. I thought they were going to be $10, honestly.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

75. Posted:

you guys are a bunch of cheap gamers.
omg

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

76. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

you guys are a bunch of cheap gamers.
omg

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

77. Posted:

$7-8 sounds exactly right to me. I expected GBA games to get a flat $8 price tag so I'm certainly not disappointed that some of them are $7.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

78. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Are you saying you'd rather have the cartridge? There's also that the cartridge is being sold for more on the internet. To stay on topic, if $8 or £6 is too much, then you aren't realizing how much cheaper this is than the original or resale price.

People are probably going to complain when DS VC games are $10, even though they used to be $30, and might cost $20 on eBay.

I'm saying a VC game does hold nearly as much value as the physical version so people comparing the two saying you only have to pay X amount for the VC version compared to XX amount for the original versions they are not taking into account all the benefits of the physical version honestly I feel it should be priced same as SNES games at £5.49-5.89 as it is not as it is not nearly as valuable as the original.

The huge flaw in your argument is that Nintendo alone determines the value of the VC and no one else.

Nintendo doesn't determine the value. They determine the asking price which is not the same thing at all.

(There must also be other forces at play as well such as trying to make sure indie's can make some money. Otherwise the obvious thing to do would be to maximise the amount of money made from each and every title which is certainly not something they are doing).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

79. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

you guys are a bunch of cheap gamers.
omg

/thread

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tobias95

80. Posted:

In norway they cost 56kr, almoste 10$ us. I think its a fair price for game of the quality released so far,

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid