Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Gauntlet coming to Steam...anyone heard if coming to Wii U?

Showing 1 to 15 of 15

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zepking

1. Posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258970/

Gauntlet is coming to steam this September. I'm super excited. But, I would much rather a game like this come out for Wii U. I already have 5 controllers for the Wii U (4 wiimotes plus gamepad). Has anyone heard if the new gauntlet will be released for the Wii U?

This is exactly the type of title Nintendo's Wii U needs. This and an update of Tecmo Super Bowl.

zepking

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

2. Posted:

There's no Wii U version of the game.

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter: MrValtor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

3. Posted:

MrV4ltor wrote:

There's no Wii U version of the game.

I can't find mention of it coming to any consoles, just PC

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

4. Posted:

too bad its not the arcade version...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zepking

5. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

it still looks pretty good, though. i would love for them to release the original gauntlet 2 on the nintendo eshop.

zepking

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

6. Posted:

The Tengen one ? No chance Nintendo would go for that. (It has to be said though the Tengen NES games were good by not trying to exactly copy the Arcade version).

The Midway Arcade Treasures version of the Arcade Gauntlet 2 is pretty bad really. (I think it is the same quality as the PS3/360 one).

I like the Dreamcast version of Gauntlet Legends.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zepking

7. Posted:

[quote=unrandomsam]The Tengen one ? /quote]

I mean the original one that came out in the arcades:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_II

it was pretty much the same as gauntlet 1, with a few minor upgrades....

i remember playing the heck out of this arcade as a kid.

zepking

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

8. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

Heck, I would be content with the NES Gauntlet being released on a Nintendo platform. It's a shame we have no Gauntlet on VC anywhere.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was another game in this series I played quite extensively on my Gamecube. Gosh, I wish I hadn't sold that game. That game is just another reason I will never sell another video game in my collection ever again.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zepking

9. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

Heck, I would be content with the NES Gauntlet being released on a Nintendo platform. It's a shame we have no Gauntlet on VC anywhere.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was another game in this series I played quite extensively on my Gamecube. Gosh, I wish I hadn't sold that game. That game is just another reason I will never sell another video game in my collection ever again.

how does Trine 2 compare? I'm thinking about buying it for my kids....it seems to have fancy graphics, but as a 2d side scroller, it has even less moveable choices than the great gauntlet released decades earlier.

zepking

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

10. Posted:

zepking wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

Heck, I would be content with the NES Gauntlet being released on a Nintendo platform. It's a shame we have no Gauntlet on VC anywhere.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was another game in this series I played quite extensively on my Gamecube. Gosh, I wish I hadn't sold that game. That game is just another reason I will never sell another video game in my collection ever again.

how does Trine 2 compare? I'm thinking about buying it for my kids....it seems to have fancy graphics, but as a 2d side scroller, it has even less moveable choices than the great gauntlet released decades earlier.

I want to like Trine 2 so bad. Honestly.

I downloaded Trine 2: Director's Cut over a year ago onto my Wii U and I still can't get into it. I've gotten past a few levels but I'm not a big fan of the stylus/touch controls that exist in the game.

It's not necessarily a bad game but it's something of a chore, for me, to play it.

BTW, the game retails for $19.99 on the eShop. I got it when it was on sale for $7.99 and I used a $5 digital deluxe coupon code and ended up getting it for the awesome price of $2.99.

Despite that low price, I still never play it because I find it just meh. :(

bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

11. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

Heck, I would be content with the NES Gauntlet being released on a Nintendo platform. It's a shame we have no Gauntlet on VC anywhere.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was another game in this series I played quite extensively on my Gamecube. Gosh, I wish I hadn't sold that game. That game is just another reason I will never sell another video game in my collection ever again.

yeah, i had 4 on the genny back in the days. if gauntlet games for nes, genny and arcade were available that would wrap it the series for me. i never checked out the gc version...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

12. Posted:

A 3DS version of Midway Arcade Origins to go along with the PS3 and 360 versions would of been great, it's a shame that the 3DS isn't getting arcade compilations other than 2011's Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions.

EDIT: I forgot Midway Arcade Origins also came out on the same month as the Wii U launch, that would've great Wii U launch game as well.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

13. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I want to like Trine 2 so bad. Honestly.

I downloaded Trine 2: Director's Cut over a year ago onto my Wii U and I still can't get into it. I've gotten past a few levels but I'm not a big fan of the stylus/touch controls that exist in the game.

It's not necessarily a bad game but it's something of a chore, for me, to play it.

BTW, the game retails for $19.99 on the eShop. I got it when it was on sale for $7.99 and I used a $5 digital deluxe coupon code and ended up getting it for the awesome price of $2.99.

Despite that low price, I still never play it because I find it just meh. :(

Yeah, it's a beautiful game and one of the few Wii U games that has online multiplayer with voice chat. The controls just aren't that tight and they're made more for getting from point a to point b (often a case of creating magic boxes of various shapes and sizes to stack) than combat, so fighting enemies isn't that satisfying. Single player gets really difficult later on and multiplayer can also be incredibly frustrating depending upon the skill levels of the players involved.

If it was released today I'd pass, but it's one of those early releases that benefited from a sale price and not a lot of competition.

A good Gauntlet update would be very welcome, however!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

14. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

too bad its not the arcade version...

Heck, I would be content with the NES Gauntlet being released on a Nintendo platform. It's a shame we have no Gauntlet on VC anywhere.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was another game in this series I played quite extensively on my Gamecube. Gosh, I wish I hadn't sold that game. That game is just another reason I will never sell another video game in my collection ever again.

yeah, i had 4 on the genny back in the days. if gauntlet games for nes, genny and arcade were available that would wrap it the series for me. i never checked out the gc version...

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was a title that popped up on PS2 and Xbox as well - I just happened to have the GC port of it.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

15. Posted:

......Regarding Trine 2....

Sean_Aaron wrote:

If it was released today I'd pass,

Yulp :)

Edited on by bezerker99

bezerker99