Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 221 to 240 of 247

octoman2611

This gets just as hard as F Zero GX does. Sunahara Desert on higher difficulty grades is horrific, in the best way possible.

octoman2611

Luffymcduck

octoman2611 wrote:

This gets just as hard as F Zero GX does. Sunahara Desert on higher difficulty grades is horrific, in the best way possible.

I still think F-Zero GX is harder. Sunahara Desert is kinda annoying since you have to change to a car that actually can do sharp turns. It's a nightmare with Fulcon Capital and would require GX style L/R turning mechanics to be fully enjoyed (or that's just how I see it).

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Luffymcduck

Does anyone play this game anymore? I went online yesterday, had one good race and then the game crashed.

Grumblevolcano

@Luffymcduck: The crashing online has been a significant issue since launch and there's no release window for the "January" patch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LadyCharlie

I was wondering what happened with that update.
it was supposed to be out in January.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Luffymcduck

Update is finally coming in 18th May. Anyone going to play this then? The online has been quite dead for a while as you could expect of an eShop only 3rd party game on Wii U. I would still like to have some online races, so after the update has arrived, post on this topic if any of you Nintendolifers want to race with me.

Indy83

Luffymcduck wrote:

Update is finally coming in 18th May. Anyone going to play this then? The online has been quite dead for a while as you could expect of an eShop only 3rd party game on Wii U. I would still like to have some online races, so after the update has arrived, post on this topic if any of you Nintendolifers want to race with me.

My good sir, after seeing your accomplsishments in this thread, I don't think anyone in their right mind would knowingly race against you .

I need to get this. I love Abyss.

Indy83

WiiWareWave

This is just a reminder that the "Vertigo" patch releases tomorrow! We'll be getting an in-game map, and will now be able to choose a specific speed-class in the game's online mode. There will be a few course adjustments and fixes as well.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

LadyCharlie

the patch update is live y'all

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

yokokazuo

Tried doing some online Hypersonic races, but my first two attempts resulted in some sort of connection error and my game froze on the second one. Hopefully it's just a wine time thing or something.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

WiiWareWave

Same here, the online mode seems to have been broken with the latest software update...

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

veeflames

Well, I played a few matches online and they played really smooth. No glitches, bugs, lag, freezing, or anything like that. I was really surprised with the performance. I'm not sure it's the game, but I think the disconnecting players issue still persists though. I'd start with 5 racers and then finish the race with 3 racers or so.
By the way, where's the in-game map? I'm not seeing any map when I race on a course...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

yokokazuo

After I restarted my Wii U I had a game without any problems. Haven't played anymore yet, I'll probably go on again tomorrow.

@Vee_Flames I guess it is in the pause menu when in a race which can be done on and offline.
Wish there was an option on the main menu since I didn't know until someone told me.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

WiiWareWave

I would, but I have to wait till I get eyeglasses otherwise I'll get nauseous playing a fast-paced racing title like this one...

RedFinch

$15 on sale now!

Yes or no?

RedFinch

SKTTR

Very challenging game right off the bat. I just cleared the four SUBSONIC cups (16 courses) and unlocked a bunch of machines and the SUPERSONIC cups. If I can ever beat this I'm up to HYPERSONIC and then HERO MODE! It's crazy. It's already fast enough on SUBSONIC...

It's better than it's predecessor in almost every way, especially course design and controls/physics.
(And it obviously has online multiplayer!)

Crashing is still unforgiving though. It will often set you back in 8th, 9th, or 10th/last place if you crash. It's kinda unfair to lose so much time for the crash animation, and for being returned a few hundred meters before the crash. I think Mario Kart style is fair where when you miss a jump you'll skip the obstacle (and still lose some time), but in FAST you have to redo the part/s with the obstacle (losing much more time). At least you respawn with some Nitro Boost.

Graphics are shiny and better than most eShop games. You get a fluid 60fps at all times, not the slightest hicup, even in 2p splitcreen and with everything mirrored on the GamePad. (Haven't played with 3-4 players yet). From what I heard every course has his own music track as well and there are a few sticking out positively this time while the rest is just pumping trance beats overshadowed by the engine sounds and wind cutting.

9/10 in my books, especially now where it's on sale for 11€.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

DarkEdi

This game is great.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.